Male survivors need more representation. This is why Female Survivors sell more cosmetics...

Options

Fashion for female survivors is a lot easier to create more variety for because it's more "socially acceptable"

Take a look at female cosmetics compared to male ones. We have bright coloured hair of all different unnatural shades, A variety of dresses, tops and pants that are different shapes, cuts and sizes. Short shorts, skirts, crop tops etc.

Male survivors? All their cosmetics are too conventional. Tank tops, jeans, suits, cargo pants, track-suits. Mostly dark-coloured or subtle shades. Mostly natural hair colours apart from 2 or 3 instances of rift re-colours. BHVR refuses to give us a male survivor with actual more alternative fashion or risque style. Male fashion cosmetics are boring. And they wonder why their cosmetics don't sell well.

Give us a male survivor with brightly coloured hair, more risque and theatrical clothing such as more Avante-garde or fashion-forward outfits, and more "non-traditional" male styles such as crop-tops, and Short-shorts. It may seem like I'm alluding to "oh give us more sexy male outfits". This is not the case. For example,Trickster's style is great - Bright coloured hair, more "out there" fashion, but his cosmetics aren't going to sell and are wasted because you play him in 1st person. Killer cosmetics in general are less value for money due to this reason.

overall I feel like Trickster is a perfect example of what kind of male survivor a lot of players would love to be added, and it would give more representation to men. I thought maybe BHVR would give Jeff some more alternative hair colours, and more experimental fashion choices, but as we know he is rarely ever thought.

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options

Apologies for the comments on this thread, that I've just deleted. It's being handled <3

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,793
    Options

I will say my favorite outfit for men is Felix's Fabio costume. Thank you to who made that, and also thank you to who approved it.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

I don't see anything wrong with it. Representation is important. I'm absolutely NOT in the demographic for that. The Trickster looks like a massive nerd to me but he makes other players happy so it's not a problem.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

I think you hit the nail on the head. I really think what would help is if we got a male survivor(s) that had such a wardrobe/hairstyles etc. I'd love a male character whose overall feel was brighter/out there. I often get salty when I see Trickster comsetics and then look at the male survivors in comparison LOL

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I mean, I prefer more simplistic outfits, so this doesn't really bother me, but I still think your idea would be good because it would please other players.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Yes please!

one male who has more extravagant outfits/hair styles. There are so many female survivors that have these colorful hairstyles etc…

also still like the idea of a Drag performer who has ‚normal‘ everyday outfits but also some Drag outfits - preferably mix-and-matchable.

also also existing characters should get more ‚extreme‘ outfits (think Jeff’s metal outfit) that still fit their characters!

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

As an LGBTQ+ man that's not too conventional with his outfits, I've been looking forward the inclusion of some interesting cosmetics for my mains. As @mizark3 commented, I was ecstatic to see Felix with long hair in that one cosmetic, but also a bit disappointed it cannot be mix/matched with other cosmetics to create different combinations. I am hoping there is an eventual addition of some tanktops or croptops for a few Survivors (give me some Jake love).

I'll admit I love his Waterfront Massacre Collection addition (again a tad disappointed it was stuck behind buying Hooked On You). It's been one of my favourite new outfits for him.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    Options

based

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 386
    Options

i agree, i don't enjoy playing with female characters and i tend to play only males but i can't fully enjoy them because of their poor cosmetics

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

I agree. Jake is probably my favourite male survivor but his cosmetics feel kinda random. Like this one:

I just want some shorts for jake (he has none) some cool t-shirts and some common hairstyles and different colours.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Really isint necessary, but not against any cosmetics simply because you don't have to buy what you don't like

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

It isn't even about representation to me anymore, different survivors just need new outfits. I audibly sigh every time I see the new cosmetics and it is Feng again, or Meg, or Nea. Just try to do literally anything else lol. I can only imagine the poor art department being asked to start working on the next Feng cosmetic right after they just got done with 18 of them.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

Even with the fact that conventional outfits are all men get the variety in them isn't great. There's a lot you can do with conventional styles. Like the masquerade was a missed opportunity to do some fancy things.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

Agreed. More "loud" and/or "out there" stuff for the boys. Atm 90% look like whatever your average western dude might have in their closet. It's just so, so conventional. Give tgem more unconventional stuff pls.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 895
    edited August 2022
    Options

Male cosmectics need more variety, I agree. And they just need more love overall. Meg, Kate, Feng, Nea, and Mikeala, have really been sucking up all the dlc in the past year or so with flare and color. The last winter cosmetic vote was a prime example. Everyone got a flashly outfit except for Adam who got some boring teacher pajama set. Why can't he have a onesie like Elodie and Zarina?

The only survivor male who gets fun outfits is Dwight and he must be a dev favorite because he gets more outfits than any male. Jake and Jeff saw more use with the better cosmetics they've had in the past few months as proof some good cos will raise popularity. I don't think I'd necessarily purchase booty shorts and a crop top on a male character but k-pop style and more fun designs would encourage me to get more male outfits.

#DOBETTERFORADAM #ADAMEXISTS

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351
    Options

I absolutely agree. I made my own thread recently where I said that they should just put dresses on the guys if that's what they need to do to create some interesting cosmetics for them. And I mean it. Whatever it takes.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

It just preference too female skins feel more smoother. But if they would add cool male character as survivors for example Jack sparow I would buy him.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

Jake had a quite loud outfit available via Prime, and all I saw was people mocking it. I'd like to see more too personally, especially for Jake as he's the only male character I play at times, but if the general playerbase is giving negative feedback on brighter clothes for the blokes in the fog then we probably won't see as much

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    edited August 2022
    Options

I'll pass on the more risque look for my guys, but they do need more fits. It sucks we won't get any because 💲

Any new male customs would be nice though.

• FatallyIconic
    FatallyIconic Member Posts: 270
    edited August 2022
    Options

It's clearly evident that there's an interest and demand for Trickster's fashion style. He's not exactly a highly picked killer, yet they make a lot of cosmetics for him. This is most likely because they sell moderately well. Survivor cosmetics sell more than killer ones. Seems like a no brainer.

Post edited by FatallyIconic on
  • Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

I would LOVE to see a pink haired Adam. A blonde Ace. A brunette Felix, a blue haired David, etc. I love trickster's fashion and would love the male survivors to get some of that treatment too! Come on BHVR, give us some fun. Female survivors are not all that exists. I love them, but I prefer male survivors and want to enjoy their fashion to the fullest. Give us some crazy, awesome looks please ;)

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 389
    Options

I mainly play licensed killers, so I don´t have too much of an issue with the lack of cosmetics. However, I do get you point, it does seem that every week Feng Min or Yun Jin Lee are getting new cosmetics while Adam gets nothing.

• FatallyIconic
    FatallyIconic Member Posts: 270
    edited September 2022
    Options

I main Jill valentine and the Silent hill characters, so I'm also used to a lack of cosmetics (well we got fed this chapter at least lol)

But for me, the problem is all of the male fashion is boring. Recently I've been playing Dwight a lot, he is the only male character with interesting cosmetics and that's only because they are meme material. The rest of the male cast have very bland and conventional outfits. Meanwhile, the female survivors get dark costumes and bright outfits, and they very commonly get revealing outfits, like most of the female survivors have Crop tops, t-shirts showing off their Bra, fishnets etc. This is fine, but the male survivors have barely any diversity when it comes to fashion.

• DxveWolf
    DxveWolf Member Posts: 33
    Options

Omg yes!!! I need neon Dwight, David and Ace!! Think of something that would go with Feng Min and Nea cosmetics!!!🥺

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273
    Options

One of the main reasons I main Jonah and Ace are the slightly more colorful, interesting cosmetics they have. Most male cosmetics are just oppressively boring, though.