Why this guy is wrong - and why you should care ! :)

Options
Lyonic
Lyonic Member Posts: 224

This guy made a video about how he feels pallet freddy is the worst killer. Mainly because you are an "M1 Killer with no power" (i dont know if im allowed to post a video on here but i can edit post to take out)

Bear Traps:

• Setting time: 2.5 seconds
    • The animation is split into three phases, with only the second phase being affected by Add-ons:
      • Crouching down: 0.5 seconds
      • Setting: 1.5 seconds
      • Standing up: 0.5 seconds

I appreciate if you dont get seen and get "Set up" - you can collect in full.

BUT try getting spotted early as a trapper... you can either place your trap for it to be disarmed or you enter that chase with no power and enjoy the GG.

Sure he can lay a trap mid chase - but in 2.5 seconds, the survivor at the other end of the loop is on to the next tile.

Atelast freddy can instantly set a dream pallet down after breaking a pallet - slow going yes, but going in the right direction.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,070
    Options

I didn't watch the video but I love playing as fake pallet Freddy.

I'm a weird person so every time I catch someone with a fake pallet, I verbally say out loud "Fooooled YOOOOOOU" like Dark Helmet in Spaceballs. I... don't know why :D

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Imagine if you could see trappers for half the match and memorize where they are. That is fake pallet Freddy. Wile you are awake the fake pallets don't exist, if you memorize where the fake ones are or the real ones. You already know where all the fake pallets are. There is no argument to be made, pallet Freddy is the worst killer in the game.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Wait I think I missed the part about why I should care?

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

I don't watch streamers and I'm not about to start now. I will say that fake pallet Freddy is fun to go against too. If you're able to see him put them up they make for good distractions.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

Why should I care though?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

It's his opinion, and him sharing it is fair enough. People may disagree, and depending on the player there is a right to. Pallet Freddy is a tricky killer, so long as people aren't able to pay attention to where these pallets are. And he'll have teleportation and dream-affected add-ons. Not great imo, but has some use.

I missed the part about the importance of caring though. Someone has an opinion and shares it. Others have different or identical or similar opinions. Is Scott Jund about to tear down the entire game by slyly saying pallet Freddy is weak? I don't feel I should care, but I now do care about the reason why I should. You're leaving me hanging here!

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

A killer whos only power is tricking you into being an idiot sometimes is worse than a killer who can have an actual effect on the game.

• Lyonic
    Options

Remember that even as an M1 killer - freddy can teleport around the map. That's a big deal.

Trapper can't though

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Why teleport around the map when you can run 4 regression perks and never leave a 3 gen. Trapper is leagues better than pallet Freddy, there's no way you can play this game at the top end and come away with trapper being worse than pallet Freddy.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I'm not too big a fan of Scott, but I do think he's right about this one. Pallet Freddy is definitely one of the worst killers in the game if you ask me. Hell, even normal Freddy isn't that good.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

the best thing about this thread is the title. A very nice and effective click bait, well done!

• Lyonic
    Options

But atleast freddy has the teleport and a chance to use his ability.

What does a trapperless trapper have? Guile? Cunning? Just walk away?

let's petition BHVR to introduce the lord humungus trapper skin.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Trappers traps are very useful though, the only problem is that they take awhile to set up. Freddy's pallets can be set up rather fast, but they do little to nothing. Not to mention at least Trapper has some good add-on's, while Freddy's all suck and he can only use one because dream pallets already take up a slot.