Give Wesker a score: How fun is he to play / and play againts

Give Wesker a score number (from 1 to 10) for both sides. 1 is the lowest point and 10 the best, 5 is middle (okay, don't mind, etc.). If you can give reasons why you give such score it would be great!

Comments

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I feel that Wesker is very fun. I am not entirely sure if he is more fun than Leatherface or Nemesis to be perfectly honest. It feels a little too early to call. That being said, it is very obvious to me that he is one of the most enjoyable killers in the game regardless. I am going to keep playing him for a long time to come. I would give him a tentative 9 at the moment. More testing is required as I am a console peasant, I never played PTB. He is still very new to me.

I have yet to play survivor. I should probably to that before the hype wears off. Lol.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

10/10

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Depends on the map

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I’ll say 8 to play against and 7 to play as. 10 is only reserved for Spirit.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I would probably say 7.5/10 to play as. He is fun to play from my perspective. He has a somewhat engaging chase and a power that has to be used when appropriate, not just spammed. He would definitely move up to a 8.5 maybe 9 once they iron out his bugs and make him feel a little better when it comes to map elevations and weird collisions.

To play against, I would probably say 8/10. He is fun to play against because you actually have to loop him and stay at a tile. It's best you don't leave the tile unless he's bloodlusting it and you need to try and leave or if he breaks the pallet and you have another tile close. I can easily see him going down to 6/10 though once people get better at him. He isn't terribly strong, but I definitely think he's on par with B and A tier killers in terms of performance. His virus can be a little annoying to deal with if you're caught in a not so good situation (having to use sprays which reveals your location, bad if you're dead on hook and no one else is).

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

9/10, 10/10 without bugs

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Maybe a 3 to play as. It'd be higher if people weren't sweating their ass off.

8 to play against. It'd be higher if people weren't sweating their ass off.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

9 on both sides, probably. Maybe a 10 on survivors side, in my opinion he has one of the fairest anti-loop abilities in the game.

So survivors have a decent amount of counterplay, which is great. His counterplay is also just generally really fun in my opinion. Probably also due to the fact that his ability counters holding w more than looping.

And his ability is also really fun to use, especially now with the collision decreased. I for one am also enjoying the higher precision required to hit survivors with his dashes.

Some people think he needs a slight hit box increase, which I am fine with if it's only increased to 25 cm or so, up from 20cm. But I also think the problem some people are having is just the faulty hit registration. Occasionally, you can dash through survivors and not get a hit, which needs to be looked at. His collision can also sometimes still be a bit faulty.

They can not increase the hitbox by much though. Considering the other buffs Wesker got, survivors need at least a decent chance to dodge his dash. And if the hitbox became too big, he would also start grabbing survivors around corners too easily, which could become very frustrating.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

he's fun, but it's super frustrating with the amount of bugs as well as how tiny the hitbox is with his power.

3-4/10 for now I guess.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

9/10 play against

Havent played as him yet.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,361

Wesker has the potential to be a fun killer to play as, but the issues with his power really make it hard to enjoy playing as him. So like a 4 or a 5.

You can fly through survivors, you can let a survivor you've grab good for whatever reason (happened to me too many times), trying to use his power to vault and despite colliding with the vault it doesn't register. Not to mention his power feels really slow to charge up and there's no way to cancel if you don't want to use the 2nd charge putting you into a lot of unnecessary slowdown where using his power is rarely the optimal choice. Often feels like I should be playing him as a M1 killer and his power for mobility which is just more boring. If I wanted to play a pure M1 killer I would play Freddy.

Haven't played against him yet, only did killer last night. Tonight I plan to mess with survivor.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

somewhat 2-3/10 on both ends

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,591

A 2/10 maybe to play as. I feel stupid about buying the DLC.

I haven't versed him yet.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

Against him: 10/10 - I like loopable killers. His power is not a real threat.

Play as: Adept/10 - You get your adept and never touch him again.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

I would probably give him an 8 or 9 out of 10 (and did on the beta)

But they massively nerfed his hitboxes to the point its common to charge straight through survivors and STILL clip random terrain that is invisible.

If they quickly do some small buffs and a lot of bug fixes, 9/10.

For now bug/10

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

5/10, I like his 40m terror radius more than his power it's pretty fun for TR builds, power is pretty bad

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

As it is now, 7/10 fun to play against in my opinion. Dodging him is fun.

If the hitbox gets much bigger, will probably drop in fun because less counterplay.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

I really like him. I personally think people are overblowing the issue with his hitbox, but I wouldn't mind if they made it bigger.

• LepewSurvivor
    LepewSurvivor Member Posts: 15

Not fun to play as survivor with such a large hit box... very little change to dodge, unlike a Billy or Blight...

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

4/10 to play against. It would be higher if almost every Wesker so far didn't camp and/or tunnel at 4-5 gens.

7/10 to play as. His power can be a little weird at times, but it's fun to throw survivors around and vaulting over pallets.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482

It would be a 10, but it's 0. The dash doesn't ######### grab the survivors, 99% of the time you miss them also if their in front of you. They need to fix the hitbox. Also, sometimes I bounced away if a survivor used a pallet while I dashed. Wesker doesn't need a buff, he needs to be fixed.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 685

2/10 to play as - ANOTHER PAINFUL KILLER FOR CONSOLES, you cant to be accurate with this tiny hitbox with controller. dissapointing

8/10 to play against- Hes similar to demogorgon, but, its more easy to dodge, because his hitbox is so small now.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

He's a 6/10 for me to play against - he has a fun power, but currently I feel people are still working out how best to use him, so they haven't felt as strong as I was anticipating. That will most likely change as people adapt.

I've not played as him.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535

He is fun, I'm just sick of facing him 10 times in a row

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308

I love playing against him at the moment, he really does feel like basekit Blight where the better player will always come out on top, I don't about playing as him though, I've heard his hitboxes are broken so maybe once that's fixed what I said before will be true.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

I don't have much experience with him so far but :

AS = 7.5/10

He feels like Demo to me and can catch up pretty easily. I think the mistake most people do is trying to use the power everytime they have it, but like Demo you need to know when to use it or else you'll lose distance and time. Honestly i'm having lot of fun playing as him.

AGAINST = 8/10

As someone who really love getting chased by no-looping killers (Nurse/Blight/Demo/Spirit), i'm having a blast. But he is no Nurse so he is only a 8/10 :)

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,171

Still really early but for me he's around a 5-6/10 for me to play against. The fun factor for me is the pounce but that isn't incredibly hard to avoid, especially when its predictable when it'll be used.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 461

If it was not for the butter hitbox, he would be a solid 8 for me, I had a lot of fun playing him on PTB. Haven't played against yet.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

8/10 Fun to play

4/10 Strength

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

I love playing as and against this killer. Genuinely worried when I eventually run into someone who decides to main him because he has some scary potential when played well.