Rework for broken key?

Ihatelife
Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It pretty does do nothing after finding this from chest, maybe some effect on it?

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Have it open the hatch but only for the survivor with the key. So 30 seconds > 5 seconds > 1 second. 
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@Cetren said:
    Have it open the hatch but only for the survivor with the key. So 30 seconds > 5 seconds > 1 second. 

It doesn't must open a hatch, but good idea

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    To be honest they should remove it and add firecrackers permanently

Agreed. I also think the purple key could be dropped to green if the hatch changes were made.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

They could remove it from chest rotation.

It's a pretty decent item to bring in though

• It can bait out Franklins Demise because the killer doesn't want early hatch escapes

• It has a larger range then bond3 with the add ons, this will be even more useful with SC changes

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         Well, it IS a broken key. I mean, other than having something occupy my hands, it doesn’t do much for me either... but it doesn’t keep me from carrying it like a lucky charm.
  • Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    They could increase the time to 30 seconds. This would make it really useful because you could use the bloodstone (idk if thats what its called) without sacrificing a skeleton key
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I don't remember where it was from but someone suggested that it could open the Hatch but have an interaction time to it instead of being instant like the other Keys.

• Spork
    Spork Member Posts: 122

The only buff I can see Broken Key getting is a built in increase in aura reading range or something. It's so weak and useless, it needs something at least.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    I Think the keys basic effect should be to give a 32 metre aura reading range of other survivors for 15 seconds, add-ons can be used  to increase its time, increase time efficiency like the map burning, add range to the aura, add killer reading range and an add-on to allow unlocking of the Black Lock solely for the possessor of the key, along with being able roc pltentially track the black lock also.
    finally I think it should be nice that if the Game sense someone has brought any key in for each player an extra chest will spawn you can use the key to open, it will have skill checks to hit as you open the lock and when it’s opened it has a chance of dropping the highest rarity of a toolbox, first aid kit, map or flashlight.
    add-one to the key could also include adding a random add-on to the item you find in the locked chest that’s is decided from the base rarity of the add-on used.
  • ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Broken key? Hmm....what to do with you and your million brothers/sisters cluttering my campfire stash?

---

"A key to your memories" is a turn of phrase that has been used before. It could be used here.

Keys have a tendency to unlock things, and even broken discarded ones still remember this. Instead of being able to unlock physical things...why not let the broken one unlock mental?(technically all the keys do this in aura reading...but anywho..)

Memories are not just connected to people, but also places, and snatches of time.

---

Introducing the "memory system".

A memory cloud will appear on each map when the right conditions are met. (Ex=Hillbilly on the Thompson house, wielding a certain weapon.)

Survivors can attempt to "unlock" the memory if they have the broken key. The memory will take a significant amount of time to open. (Possibly more than an exit gate, and may be sped up if multiple survivors have broken keys.)

This will be rewarding in multiple ways and come with some downsides as well.

Survivors will have something else to distract them from gens and give the killer more time.

Successfully unlocked memory clouds will grant you a memory "fragment". This fragment could be an "art still" or piece of a bigger "movie" that reveals some of the past when put together with all the corresponding fragments.

After piecing all the fragments together, a reward of some kind could be given.(on top of having a cohesive "memory").

Killers also will be able to interact with memory clouds at the cost of briefly ignoring survivors. The killers can "tarnish" memories, making them unretrievable at that time. (This will overall be quicker than a single survivor, but still take some time.)

Killers gain a bonus for tarnishing memories.

Survivors will only gain a small reward for retrieving a memory fragment they already have. Thus giving them reason to still seek them out.

Just a work in progress idea...but It seems interesting. Let me know your ideas.
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Give it passive luck bonus.

• ceridwen309
    I hate to be a bother, but I had a very lengthy post about an idea I had for the broken key. After editing it, it said it needed to be reviewed.

@Peanits did I do something wrong, did I lose all that work?
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

@ceridwen309 said:
    I hate to be a bother, but I had a very lengthy post about an idea I had for the broken key. After editing it, it said it needed to be reviewed.

Nope! There's a built in spam filter. Sometime it'll go off and falsely flag a post as spam and hide it until a mod comes by and either approves it or marks it as spam. It should be up now.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

All of these thoughts are so amazing!
    How haven't the devs come up with something like this yet lol??

• ceridwen309
    Peanits said: 

@ceridwen309 said:

Nope! There's a built in spam filter. Sometime it'll go off and falsely flag a post as spam and hide it until a mod comes by and either approves it or marks it as spam. It should be up now.

Thanks dude. Worry gone. At least now we can know how this works going forward.