Please stop cleansing Plaything totems.

Grum
Grum Member Posts: 273

You know the killer is comboing it with Pentimento.

You know you aren't going to bother remembering where the totem was after the killer sets up Pentimento there.

Please stop screwing your teammates.

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

everyone should bring all boons

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I need Distortion stacks to make it to the hatch. Pentimento has nothing to do with hatch.

Don't like it? Then get the devs to fix solo so that "teammates" feel like teammates and not competition

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

Agreed! So much this!

I think the win conditions for survivor and killer should be tweaked. If anyone walks out the exit door its a survivor win. Half of everyone's points should be based on the team's result. Slight survivor win of one escape, 2k bloodpoints for everyone. Major victory for survivors with 4 escape, 16k bloodpoints. No escapes out the door, 0 bloodpoints for killer and survivor for the team portion. All the rest of the blood points should max at 16k for solo contributions.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

So you want sweaty games every game, even at mid and low MMR? Gosh ... at least now I can just 8 hook the survivors and let everyone escaoe if I feel like it and still get a decend payroll. But the thing with the shared BPs for all survivors is a good one, I think.

Afaik BHVR is working on something like this for the MMR system, ie when its done the game doesn't consider every survivor a seperate fight against the killer with their MMR going up or down, but the number will be the same for all survivors depending on how many life or die, ie when you legitly loop the killer all game and then die on your first hook because everyone just leaves, your MMR will go up for the three that escaped.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164
    edited August 2022

Please stop educating our survivors in such a despicable way and filling their heads with dangerous ideas and nonsense, otherwise you will get mail from our lawyers. Thanks.

Sincerely

Your local Killer Association

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

I don't think I will stop. In fact, I love plaything/pentimento because I get more juicy totems for my quick and quiet, overcome, inner strength, lucky break build, especially if my team doesn't cleanse their totems :)

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

this post is why I run plaything pentimento devour hope

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Yeah no. Even though my soloq mates don’t bother to cleanse the pentimento totems (from their broken dull or plaything totems) I can still cleanse those as I know most spawns and it’s not that hard to find them anyways..

have you ever played a match with Oblivious randoms? You don’t want that.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

I'm fine with it either way. With Spine Chill nerfed I get a lot of value out of plaything.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

You know the killer is comboing it with Pentimento.

Hmm, if survivors start thinking like this I might have to run Plaything by itself and survivors will never cleanse it even though there’s no reason not to. 🙂

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 192

No. I'm addicted to totems and I like flexing on killer and destroying their hex totems. Good day!

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249

Since the artist was released last year, I've only seen pimento be useful once. It's normally just a light inconvenience and if the killer wants to get their hopes up, so be it. Plaything isn't much either.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited August 2022

I would rather face 500 God-Nurses in a row than have my points depend on the teammates I get on the regular

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,338

Yeah, don't cleanse them totems. It makes my Dredgy even more terrifying

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

Cleanse, or don't. Good for me either way :)

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Stop doing rift quests? No way.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

It's easy to combat Pentimento. It requires totems that have previously been broken and reignited. If the team goes back to where the totems were previously broken and cleanses them again, Pentimento becomes less effective permanently.

Asking people to play without a TR is not really an effective means to battle Pentimento (especially since they'll just be downed quicker anyway). Also, there are plenty of glowing totems that should be cleansed. Although you may think it is a Plaything one, if enough time has passed, it could also be another one like Devour. If it glows, it goes.

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

Counterargument: My solo Q teammates aren't going to go back to the totems they cleansed in order to get rid of the Pentimento stack. They're going to give the killer a Pentimento stack, never bother to cleanse it, and then immediately die in chase regardless.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

Keeping a track of where the totems are, then when a hint of Pentimento rears its head just saunter back to where it was and bust it out. Takes a little longer, but better than all survivors becoming permanently oblivious. When playing as killer, having survivors all oblivious is like Christmas.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,986

Just cleanse your Plaything, lurk around because the killer is coming back soon, and then cleanse the Pentimento right away

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Counterforce.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Feel free not to cleanse them, I'm creeping up on you to grab you off that gen as we speak XD

• AnnaEliza365
    AnnaEliza365 Member Posts: 141

Not a valid reason to not cleanse plaything. As long as you make sure at least 1 pentimento totem gets cleansed then you still have a chance. It's when you let them spam all 5 that you're in trouble.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 934

The problem is less that randoms forget where they cleansed a Hex (although that surely happens too), it's more that they don't even have a clue what Pentimento is. Either because they genuinely just don't know the perk and as such have no clue that cleansed totems can be reignited (then they'll spend ages looking for a Hex elsewhere because they have some Hex notification but surely it can't be where they already cleansed a totem!), or they just never touch gens so they don't even know it's in play (randoms rarely touch gens, so that's a common scenario).

And people that clueless aren't likely to be reading forums either. They'll even keep going on dull totem cleansing sprees against Pentimento, I've seen it often enough, in both my killer and survivor games. High MMR btw.

The only sensible advice is that as always in solo queue, you gotta be prepared to do everything yourself. Bring a map that can track totems, and then either pair that up with Boon(s) or Inner Healing + Overzealous.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

It's possible but as I said, they're going to be vulnerable when they are unable to hear the TR anyway, especially if injured.