RE: HYPE

AntiJelly
AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

If the usual pattern is followed, the 2.6.0 PTB comes out next Tuesday! Hype!

EDIT: Unlucky. We still have the Dwight cosmetics this Wednesday before the PTB comes out.
Hopefully it'll come out next Tuesday, then.

EDIT 2: Wowie, not this Tuesday either. It's gotta be next Tuesday.

Post edited by AntiJelly on

Comments

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

I can tell this post was made just so he could get a few vote ups.

Anyway, we haven't even gotten a new roadmap in awhile, take a chill pill.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I'm not excited for it, but just because we know absolutely nothing about it. If we had some small leaks and speculations about the killer I might be more interested. We do know that it's going to be the killer from further back in our time but that doesn't tell us anything, the killer might be the shittiest thing ever, even worse than Legion maybe. I have high hopes, but no hype.

• AntiJelly

@LCGaster said:
    I'm not excited for it, but just because we know absolutely nothing about it. If we had some small leaks and speculations about the killer I might be more interested. We do know that it's going to be the killer from further back in our time but that doesn't tell us anything, the killer might be the shittiest thing ever, even worse than Legion maybe. I have high hopes, but no hype.

I think it could be something really cool. Peep this post:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/29667/an-in-depth-look-into-benedicts-hallowed-blight-entries#latest

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

That soon? Hopefully the killer map is interesting, I wish they'd tease a bit more since so far all we have is that teaser which gave nothing :tongue:

• Detective_Jonathan

@AntiJelly said:

@Detective_Jonathan said:

Okay Mr. Negative. Let me lay it out for you. Updates come out every 6 weeks. PTBs usually come out 2 weeks before the update. Next tuesday, it will have been 4 weeks since the 2.5.0 update. I'm just excited for new content man, I think you need the chill pill.

Yes, because calling me a famous Marvel Villain means i need the chill pill. Sorry for stating the obvious on how we haven't even had a roadmap yet.

• LCGaster

@AntiJelly said:

@LCGaster said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/29667/an-in-depth-look-into-benedicts-hallowed-blight-entries#latest

I'm 100% sure Benedict won't come into the game anytime soon. The entries don't point to anything about the next chapter

• AntiJelly
    edited February 2019

@AntiJelly said:

Okay Mr. Negative. Let me lay it out for you. Updates come out every 6 weeks. PTBs usually come out 2 weeks before the update. Next tuesday, it will have been 4 weeks since the 2.5.0 update. I'm just excited for new content man, I think you need the chill pill.

Yes, because calling me a famous Marvel Villain means i need the chill pill. Sorry for stating the obvious on how we haven't even had a roadmap yet.

You...know they put out an update every 1.5 months right? One chapter per season, one mid chapter between the chapters. You didn't really state the obvious, you were just kinda...against me posting? Idk, I'm not you.

Post edited by AntiJelly on
  • AntiJelly

@LCGaster said:

@AntiJelly said:

@LCGaster said:

I'm 100% sure Benedict won't come into the game anytime soon. The entries don't point to anything about the next chapter

Ehhh, just a theory. I'm kinda hopeful.

• LCGaster

@AntiJelly said:

The roadmap is the same as the one from the past year, they didn't confirm it because it's obvious. Games like Rainbow Six: Siege release the roadmap because they tease the countries their operators come from, Deab by Daylight doesn't need to, the roadmap simply is the release schedule for this game

• LCGaster

@AntiJelly said:

@LCGaster said:

@AntiJelly said:

@LCGaster said:

Ehhh, just a theory. I'm kinda hopeful.

I am hopeful the killer is good but I'm not hyped about it. They should have more teases in between

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AntiJelly said:

Hype.... mhm yeah not really tbh

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@Master said:

@AntiJelly said:

Hype.... mhm yeah not really tbh

Why, we need a better killer than the last one, and I like legion and I am saying that

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

Do not go into anything with high expectations, most of the time you'll only be disappointed. Go in with low expectations and you will never be disappointed.

• MarkAss
    MarkAss Member Posts: 26

I just want Cybil Bennett outfit from Silent Hill for Kate.
    That is pretty much all i ask for now lol

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Finally <3

• AntiJelly

@BigBadPiggy said:
    Do not go into anything with high expectations, most of the time you'll only be disappointed. Go in with low expectations and you will never be disappointed.

But If I go in with high expectations, and the update meets them, I'll be super excited. And if it doesn't meet my expectations, then like, classic devs I guess.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@AntiJelly said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

But If I go in with high expectations, and the update meets them, I'll be super excited. And if it doesn't meet my expectations, then like, classic devs I guess.

In the words of Kratos talking to BOI "Go in with low expectations and you will never be disappointed". Thats pretty much all i can say.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@BigBadPiggy said:

@AntiJelly said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

In the words of Kratos talking to BOI "Go in with low expectations and you will never be disappointed". Thats pretty much all i can say.

thats what my parents did when i was born and still i was a disappointment

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Roses are red

I hate to frown.

I expect nothing, and I'm still let down.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Since Spark of Mandess chapter I learned that beiing excited that new chapter is coming soon is a bad idea. There are always justified delays so don't get your hopes up. Most likely we'll get a word at least a week if not more before next PTB drops.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

So then it won't be the usual pattern.
    Gotcha.

• LCGaster

@Shad03 said:
    Roses are red

I hate to frown.

I expect nothing, and I'm still let down.

Same

• AntiJelly

@Boss said:
    Gotcha.

yes, precisely what I said. ;)

• Detective_Jonathan

@LCGaster said:

@AntiJelly said:

The roadmap is the same as the one from the past year, they didn't confirm it because it's obvious. Games like Rainbow Six: Siege release the roadmap because they tease the countries their operators come from, Deab by Daylight doesn't need to, the roadmap simply is the release schedule for this game

Deab by Daylight btw.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

@AntiJelly said:

@Boss said:
    Gotcha.

yes, precisely what I said. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prw2B_03IzY

• Detective_Jonathan

@AntiJelly said:

@AntiJelly said:

You...know they put out an update every 1.5 months right? One chapter per season, one mid chapter between the chapters. You didn't really state the obvious, you were just kind...against me posting? Idk, I'm not you.

Ask me if i give a #########.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I will always be excited for new characters, so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• AntiJelly

@AntiJelly said:

@AntiJelly said:

You...know they put out an update every 1.5 months right? One chapter per season, one mid chapter between the chapters. You didn't really state the obvious, you were just kind...against me posting? Idk, I'm not you.

You're a little ray of sunshine! :)

• Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

@LCGaster said:

@AntiJelly said:

Deab by Daylight btw.

He literally missed one letter, you feeling alright man? You're just looking for anything to be rude about.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Boss said:
    Gotcha.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

That soon? Hopefully the killer map is interesting, I wish they'd tease a bit more since so far all we have is that teaser which gave nothing :tongue:

Idk about a new map, lately the maps are really bad designed (not from the looks but from the layout). I would like a map like from the clown release, probably the most balanced and fun map for both sides
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

naw he's not being negative he just wants current info about where this sinking ship is going lol

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

Also prepare to be disappointed with chapter 11. I've kept my hopes and expectations lower than hell itself after they released hag right after Michael.

I was thinking oh man they got the legend himself.. then they throw out hag and it left an awful taste in my mouth.
    I expect no less from chapter 11 seeing as how legion was a goddamn let down all across the board

• AntiJelly

@Bongbingbing said:

We got unlucky. PTBs probably coming out next Tuesday.

• Lonefox64
    Lonefox64 Member Posts: 132

@AntiJelly said:

@AntiJelly said:

• AntiJelly

Guess it's not this week either. Idk what's going on, but almost certain the PTB will come out next Tuesday. i'd be completely baffled if it isn't.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    The thing I'm most hyped for is a line in the patch notes

- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze during the loading screen.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@The_Crusader said:
    The thing I'm most hyped for is a line in the patch notes

• Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze during the loading screen.

I'm looking forward for a patch note to say: "Fixed an issue that allows survivors to win."

I'm joking, but I do hope for balance fixes (with Killers and Survivors going at each others throats I doubt this can ever happen). Map fixes, and other things.