Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So what purpose does Wesker serve?

The more I play Wesker the more I wonder what niche he's supposed to fill. Bugs aside his pros are he can dash 7 then 14 meters. He can infect you with a hinder when it maxes out.

His cons are he moves 2.7m/s while using his power, it takes 2 seconds to charge his power, his power has a long cooldown, He has a 40 meter terror radius, he has a hitbox the size of deathslingers shots.

So my question is why would I play him over demo, oni, billy, blight, or even victor? If it's for the infection then I guess that's okay, except it effectively doesn't work until you've gotten 8 seperate infection hits, which by that point the game is over. Even some of the worst killers like Sadako have their own niches like near full time stealth and an instant kill mechanic. Wesker just feels like a discount demo for people who missed his dlc at best and that isn't okay.

Comments

• nigylotwitch
    nigylotwitch Member Posts: 29

He truly feels like they wanted to put another RE chapter into the game and thought wesker would make a cool killer then realised that they don't have any ideas for a power and they already obtained the license so copy and pasted nemis infection and gave him a worse demo dash

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    edited September 2022

Personally I play him over others currently because;

The chase music is awesome,

I want to take the time to learn how to play as him,

I personally struggle a lot more with Demo, Oni, Hillbilly and Blight than what I do with Wesker (even with the current bugs). I think that's just me though.

Also, once the hype has died down; I think I'll still play as him because (when it works) it's fun to just throw survivors into objects.

And the trash talking he does is pretty amusing.

No ground breaking and completely game changing reasons to be playing him, I know - but I enjoy it for now and that's all that matters for me.

Though I do hope the bugs get fixed and the Virulent Bound hitbox gets increased slightly.

• woodenEnthusiasm
    woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160

Actually that reminded me of a con I forgot. His dash is painfully slow. On the first dash it ramps up to 11 m/s the second one ramps to 14 m/s for comparison demo dashes at 18.4 m/s. Why does he move at nearly have the speed and takes twice as long as a demo shred?

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

I would say "for fun", but they released him in a state where his power basically doesn't work.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

If his bugs and hit box gets fixed, he will be a strong killer. His double dash ability is very good at letting him catch up to survivors, and it can be good at some loops as well.

He has good chase potential, a bit of map mobility, and a bit of game delay. He is definitely strong.

I don't know if he has his very own niche or purpose, but he doesn't really need to. He might have similarities to other killers, but he is unique enough, and definitely powerful when considering his entire kit.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

There is no reason for his existence. BHVR just wanted a quick buck

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Nothing. Nothing Wesker can do is something Demogorgon can't. Demogorgon just does it miles better

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

he's cool

and unlike blight he dosent have to bash is head on a wall like a raging goat

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
  • Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

Well apparently 90% of killers are playing him from my experience so ask them

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

i haven't had a real killer main since they removed old freddy - a killer so purposeless that the devs decided that he shouldn't even exist. and yet, he appealed to me massively, and i thoroughly enjoyed playing as him. and while they've added a similar killer since (i'll let you guess what i'm thinking of here), it's just not the same, and as a result, i don't enjoy playing as them.

so he's "like demo". but he's not demo, is the thing. oni is "like billy", so why do we have oni? does every killer need to appeal to every single person? no, they don't. do you like every single killer the game has offered you so far? probably not. if the new one doesn't appeal to you, that's unfortunate - but i would say it's an unrealistic expectation for every single killer they add to appeal to you.

some people are going to love demo because he shreds pallets. some people are going to love wesker because he vaults them. both players deserve to have fun.

now if only the next killer had all of old freddy's mechanics

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

//

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Money. We need to nerf Bhvr bc they keep making money. We all know they're going to keep releasing new killers AND survivors. Plus they'll probably add new maps too. Smh

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,637

I've been asking the same question about Trickster

• woodenEnthusiasm

The difference between the oni and billy comparison is oni and billy operate differently. Besides different stats to their dashes oni has a blood mechanic and can slide off surfaces. The only difference between wesker and demo is wesker can go over windows and demo cant. But to be quite frank demo doesn't need to go over a window. Demo can charge shred nearly 3 times faster than weskers power and he moves twice as fast as wesker. Their functions are nearly identical. People can enjoy what they like and I'm not going to attack someone for that. But that said if you're going to release a killer that's just a strictly worse version of another killer just make it a skin at that rate.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Position himself quicker for his second dash. Very helpful at loops like T-L walls.

Most importantly however, he can cover more distance than demo. His zoning potential that way can be a bit better, if you want to cut off survivors from a very strong loop. And he just generally counters holding w more effectively than Demogorgon, being able to catch up to them, and even potentiall get a hit against them, from further ranges. He is stronger than Demo in between loops.

And he also has some game delay as well, even though Demo admittedily has a bit more map pressure.

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 308

except it effectively doesn't work until you've gotten 8 seperate infection hits

there are 6 crates so it's actually 12 hits to deplete all sprays

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

What purpose does DBD serve? What purpose do video games serve?

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Honestly, I think it's just for Wesker fans. I FREAKED out. Like, I have been working my way through the RE games to see Wesker, but apparently the ones he is in I have ended up playing last. XD So I got excited to see Wesker at least in a game.

• woodenEnthusiasm

Thats understandable. I love Wesker and I'm glad he's here. But when he's a lower quality xeroxed copy of a killer I own it's hard to justify playing him.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Demogorgon doesn't need to position himself, he just uses his Shred

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited September 2022

Demo's one pounce has more distance than one of Wesker's charges, no recharge, destroys pallets without an add-on, reveals survivors near open portals.. Wesker is literally Demo for those who can't buy him anymore in his current state. He has gotta be C-tier highest.

• woodenEnthusiasm

Demo has a shred speed of 18.4 m/s wesker has a dash speed of 11.2 m/s and 14 m/s. Wesker moves at 2.7 m/s while charging while demo moves at 3.8 m/s. Demogorgons charge is a flat speed while weskers increases, likely exponentially. Demo breaks pallets and recovers in 2 seconds. While Wesker vaults pallets and recovers in 1.5 seconds. Demo doesn't have a second pounce because all of his numbers are half if not better than Weskers. Even at windows Demo performs better because his hitbox is big enough to hit survivors mid animation, unlike Wesker.

Secondly picking up a survivor isn't always good. If another survivor is about you're usually better off slugging to multiply pressure. The auto pick-up feature woll force you to drop a survivor or hook them killing your momentum. Weskers debuff is worth talking about except it only applies when fully infected. The way infection works is it requires 100 charges to fully infect. You give 20 charges on a succesful dash and it goes up by 0.8 c/s afterwards. The issue is with 12 first aid doses it wont reliably kick in until you have 12 injuries. Thats 6 hook states assuming you even hit 12 dashes. His infection doesn't really matter until the game is nearly over.