If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Killer Concept - The Reclaimed

Options
lethargicsauce
lethargicsauce Member Posts: 87

I know it's been a very long time since I posted my last killer concept, but I genuinely had no other unique ideas for a new one. That is until about a week ago, when I thought up The Reclaimed, a weak chasing killer with a heavy presence map-wide. So, I hope you enjoy what I have in store for you here today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time in-game when I started this concept: 643 hours

Time in-game when I finished this concept: 670 hours

Chapter #??: Withering Verdancy

The Reclaimed:

Name: N/A

Terror Radius: 32 meters

Speed: 4.6 m/s (115% movement speed)

Height: Medium

Difficulty: Medium

Weapon: Thorned Branch

Successful Basic Hit Animation: The branch jitters before its thorns fall off, regrowing back in place.

Mori: (W.I.P.)

Character Model: A rotted corpse covered in growth and various other botanical features.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Power: Vineweaver;

Vineweaver has 3 power tokens to begin with. The Reclaimed can consume a power token to place a vine between two surfaces within an 8m range of itself. A single token takes 4 seconds to regenerate. When placing a vine with all 3 vines out, the oldest vine will be destroyed and replaced with the newer one. Vines hinder survivors for 2.5 seconds when they walk through them (-5% movement speed).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Map Element: The Verdant Domain;

A rapidly spreading forest that threatens to engulf the entire map in flora. As time goes by, the Verdant Domain expands from the middle of the map outwards until it fully covers the map. It does so in 5 stages, the transitions for which will play a sound cue for both The Reclaimed and the survivors. The stages go as follows (sizes are in diameter):

Stage 1: 1m - 24m 

The beginning stage of the forest. No effects. Takes one minute to reach Stage 2.

Stage 2: 24m - 32m

Accelerated forest growth. Takes 45 seconds to reach Stage 3.

Stage 3:  32m - 56m

Spores hang in the air, causing survivors in the Verdant Domain to cough frequently. Takes one minute to reach Stage 4.

Stage 4: 56m - 84m

Further accelerated forest growth. Survivors in the Verdant Domain hear distant Terror Radius music for the entirety of Stage 4 if in the forest. Takes two minutes to reach stage 5.

Stage 5: 84m - 200m (basically from 84 meters until it fills the rest of the map)

Hyper-accelerated forest growth. Vines fill the forest, hindering survivors who walk through them (-3% movement speed for 1.5 seconds per vine). Vines growing from the Verdant Domain will only ever appear in a particular position once. Will finish the forest’s growth in 45 seconds (five and a half minutes for the full effects of the Verdant Domain to be available (5.5 minutes from Stage 1 to Stage 5)).

Additionally, vines placed in the Verdant Domain via Vineweaver will be empowered by 2% per Stage (5% at Stage 1 (same strength as vines placed outside the V.D.), 7% at Stage 2, 9% at Stage 3, and 11% at Stage 4, with a jump to 15% at Stage 5).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Item: Molotov Cocktail;

Can be found in special boxes by survivors and are single use items that permanently remove a section of the Verdant Domain. The size of the removed section is 10m in diameter. Can’t be used until the Verdant Domain hits Stage 3 of its growth. Burning a section of the forest comes at a price however. The act of injustice will provoke The Reclaimed into a fit of rage for 30 seconds. During these 30 seconds, the survivor who threw the Molotov and all other survivors who were in the forest at the time are exposed, and all the while The Reclaimed moves at 5.0 m/s (125% movement speed). At the end of this duration, The Reclaimed enters a fatigued state for 5 seconds (if not currently in an animation (i.e. carrying a survivor, that kind of thing)). There are only 3 of these special boxes total. Molotov Cocktails cannot be brought out of a trial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Reclaimed’s Shareable Perks:

No Safe Haven:

After snuffing a boon totem, all survivors in the area of effect of the boon are Exposed for 40/50/60 seconds.

Silenced Industry:

When within 4 meters of a generator, survivors are deafened and have a haze messing with their vision (similarly to Clown’s Intoxication). This effect lingers for 4/5/6 seconds after leaving this range.

Decay:

While in your Terror Radius and not in chase, survivor’s items deplete passively at a rate of 1 charge every 4 seconds. Any status effects they are suffering from expire 5%/7%/9% slower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New General Perks:

Survivor Perks:

Teardown:

The first chest you open will contain a Fire Axe. Allows you to break a breakable wall in 7/6/5 seconds. Single use and cannot be brought out of the trial.

Surge Protector:

Allows you to place a device on generators that decreases the rate at which they regress by 50%. Can be destroyed by the killer with a basic attack. Lasts for 20/25/30 seconds if not interrupted. Can only be used once.

Improvisation:

Allows you to turn depleted flashlights into small explosives while hiding in a locker for 12 seconds. Can be dropped (similarly to a Flashbang) to stun the killer for 0.75/1.25/1.75 seconds.

Boon: Totem Guardian:

While this boon is active, no boons can be snuffed if one or more survivors are in the Dying state. When this effect triggers, the aura of this totem will be shown to the killer when within 24 meters from it. It cannot protect its own totem, however, and can be snuffed to remove this protection. Lasts for 9/11/13 seconds after this boon gets snuffed.

Come Back Swinging:

For every 20/16/12 seconds you spend in the Dying state, gain a stackable 1% increase to your generator repairing speed. Additionally, you bleed out 50% slower.

Skittish:

Every time your aura is read by the killer, gain a 6%/7%/8% Haste status effect for the duration of the aura reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Killer Perks:

Hex: Fatigue:

While Exhausted, survivors suffer from a 4%/5%/6% Hindered debuff.

Hex: Burnout:

After using an Exhaustion perk, survivors are unable to use the perk again (even when not Exhausted) until they heal another survivor for 50%/75%/100% of a health state. Can only activate once per survivor.

Whiplash:

After being stunned twice by a survivor, the next stun will also stun the survivor for 1/1.25/1.5 seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Reclaimed’s Add-ons:

Brown Add-ons:

Weedkiller:

Causes Molotov Cocktails to burn an extra 2 meters.

Gain 100% more Bloodpoints in the Deviousness category.

Charcoal:

Increases the duration of The Reclaimed’s fits of rage by 10 seconds.

Poison Sumac:

Damaging a survivor in the Verdant Domain will inflict Blindness and Oblivious for 60 seconds.

Ragged Lichen:

Reduces the time it takes the Verdant Domain to progress through a stage of growth by 5 seconds.

Yellow Add-ons:

Wood Ash:

Increases the duration of The Reclaimed’s fits of rage by 20 seconds.

Poison Oak:

Damaging a survivor in the Verdant Domain will inflict Broken for 60 seconds.

Cattail Root:

Every time the Verdant Domain goes up a Stage, gain a 5% Haste status effect for 8 seconds.

Bladderwort Stem:

Generators in the Verdant Domain will occasionally have 5 second periods of tremendously difficult skill-checks (Yellow Glyph/ Merciless Storm skill-checks).

Bleeding Tooth Mushroom:

Injured survivors give off Killer Instinct while within 20 meters of The Reclaimed while in the Verdant Domain.

Green Add-ons:

Smoldering Log:

Increases the duration of the Reclaimed’s fits of rage by 50 seconds. However, The Reclaimed instead moves at 4.4 m/s while enraged.

Poison Ivy:

Damaging a survivor in the Verdant Domain will inflict Mangled and Hemorrhage until that survivor is healed back to full health.

Splintered Branch:

Reduces the time it takes the Verdant Domain to progress through a stage of growth by 15 seconds.

Rose Thorn:

Survivors that use Molotov Cocktails are Hindered by 15% for 5 seconds and scream, revealing their location.

Pitcher Enzymes:

The ambient spores are empowered, causing survivors in the Verdant Domain to cough 100% louder than normal. Additionally, survivors coughing due to the spores will have their auras revealed for 2 seconds within 5 meters of The Reclaimed.

Purple Add-ons:

Sundew  Glands:

Increases the strength of the Hindered that Vineweaver vines causes by 1% per Verdant Domain stage (5% at Stage 1 (as usual), 8% at Stage 2, 11% at Stage 3, 14% at Stage 4, and 20% at Stage 5).

Spanish Moss:

A naturally grown vine in the Verdant Domain can regrow after being walked through after 20 seconds. Can only trigger up to three times for a certain spot.

Mangrove Roots:

Vines from the Verdant Domain and from Vineweaver no longer Hinder survivors. Instead, they have solid collision and block survivors from moving through them. They can be removed by survivors via a 2.5-second animation that locks them in place and doesn’t save its progress if stopped prematurely. However, The Reclaimed’s base movement speed is reduced to 4.4 m/s, and his speed while enraged is 4.6 m/s (note that vines do not have solid collision for the Reclaimed).

Pustula Flower:

Walking through naturally occurring vines will give you a 5% Haste status effect for 3.5 seconds.

Iridescent Add-ons:

Corpse Blossom:

Survivors who stay in the Verdant Domain for too long will be injured if healthy and deeply wounded if injured. It takes 45 seconds of exposure to the Domain’s spores to damage a survivor. This timer slowly ticks back down over the course of 25 seconds upon exiting the Verdant Domain. However, this add-on prevents the passive vines of the Domain from spawning.

Iridescent Flytrap:

Spawns little venus flytraps in the Verdant Domain that grab survivors by the feet, Hindering them by 3% for 2 seconds. During this time, the survivor is also Exposed. Additionally, any time a generator is completed, the Verdant Domain instantly progresses to the next stage up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

I don't dislike this idea. (formatting could be far better but I'll try to ignore it as it helps in differentiating parts of things) and may as well give my two cents to this.

Power:

Vineweaver

The Chase power is tripwire vines that make survivors stumble these effectively have the same use a Dream Snare. I wanna pitch an addition, "The Reclaimed can spend (2 or 3) more power tokens while near a Pallet or Vault Location to call Vines to block that Object until either removed by a survivor (about a 3 second interaction by the survivor) or another location is called to. only one Pallet and one Window can be blocked at any given time."

Verdant Domain

I did the math...

Stage 1: Growth Speed of 0.191666666667 m/s. as this is the first stage it works fine. Grows 11.5 meters meters in all directions over the course of 60 seconds (technically 12 but the trial starts with it at 1 meter wide).

Stage 2: Growth Speed: 0.088888888889 m/s. "accelerated" huh. Grows 4 meters meters in all directions over the course of 45 seconds Vine Weaver Hindered effect +2%

Stage 3: Growth Speed: 0.2 m/s. also introduces effects that help in Tracking. Grows 12 meters meters in all directions over the course of 60 seconds. Vine Weaver Hindered effect +4%

Stage 4: Growth Speed: 0.116666666667 m/s. loss of killer's location for survivors. Grows 14 meters meters in all directions over the course of 120 seconds. Vine Weaver Hindered effect +6%

Stage 5: Growth Speed: irrelevant but 1.288888888889 m/s. Survivors encounter environmental hazards that slow traversal of the map. Vine Weaver Hindered effect +10% Grows 58 meters in all directions over the course of 45 seconds.

so what to change about it. well for one standardized growth speed among all stages before 5 is a good idea (Use Stage 3 as the base and adjust the distances accordingly) most maps in the game are measured in 8x8 meter squares of playable surface since the power covers those it would matter to check in on them. secondly I would suggest better options for the Killer within the Forest. don't exactly know what at this point but if I think of something later I may bring it up.

Molotov Cocktails

The items work fine as is. The Rage is fine maybe increase the speed to Feral Frenzy speed (5.2 m/s).

Perks:

Sharables:

No Safe Haven:

Very survivor Dependent Perk. While not necessarily a bad perk it's meh. This would basically be something to run with Shattered Hope and not much else unless you know where a survivor is. If I had to suggest a change maybe include another effect that targets the survivor that brought the boon to further play to the name. like Locking the perk for 30 seconds.

Silenced Industry:

Personally believe this would be a Hex if implemented as is written. so good job on making a very strong perk. I don't know what to change to "weaken" (in quotes cause I don't think it should be) it to make it not a hex worthy effect.

Decay:

A nice perk overall. no change.

General Perks:

Survivor:

Teardown:

A simple perk that is nice. I made a similar concept to it during a more oddball chapter concept. While making it I noticed that reducing the time taken of the action might be a bit heavy on the coding aspect so I changed it to be a more activated effect. Most Survivors have no reason to Break a Breakable Wall for themselves. overall nice perk though.

Surge Protector:

I don't know about this one.... it's a thing that makes it easier to recover progress lost to a kicked Generator not a bad Idea but a very awkward concept to pitch here. Regression is .25% of progression (meaning 100% regression is very slow). and as much as I wanna say that lowering that speed to 50% for 30 seconds is fine something in me doesn't like that for the balance of the game.

Improvisation:

This is funny. the only thing I'm worried about is using them to stop a survivor being carried which will cause a longer stun than the perk describes. it's a nice idea to make a depleted object more useful. I would up the duration spent hiding to 16 seconds (to account for Built to Last)

Boon: Totem Guardian:

The Cavate for the protection of a survivor in the dying state is nice... but Boon:Exponential on another survivor becomes a horrible Bane for the Killer in this situation. Change it to Hooked and this perk becomes a bit lighter on the lose lose situation from coordination a survivor team could have.

Come Back Swinging:

This perk is good. it's somewhat reliant on the Killer's playstyle but that's a risk you take when you want to be slugged.

Skittish:

The amount of short durations (less than 10 seconds) that auras are read at by the killer these days makes this very blah when it comes to mid game use. I would be a nice tool for figuring out perks though... though again that depends on the perks/ addons the Killer brings so it could be very situational.

Killer:

Hex: Fatigue:

A friend of mine wanted this too. it's not bad. survivors will be on the lookout for it.

Hex: Burnout:

The Limit is nice but ultimately survivors would just cleanse this to get over the effect unless it really doesn't impact their use or the solve is immediately available.

Whiplash:

stunning a survivor is a fun concept. not sure entirely how it would work though. so no real comment.

I don't comment on addons as the Basekit is what should be judged for viability and I personally believe addons should be for expanding the playstyle.

• lethargicsauce
    lethargicsauce Member Posts: 87
    Options

I will admit freely that I did absolutely 0 math in regards to the spread rate of the V.D., (other than the max time to have the Forest fully grown + with the related add-ons).

I also really like the idea of being able to use your tokens to block something, as that's not really a feature we have in a power, and it gives you the choice on whether or not you want to make more areas slow survivors, or to limit their options for pathing. Wish I'd thought of it honestly. As for the add-on take I 100% agree. I've started trying to make add-ons more of playstyle changers since those are usually my favorite add-ons on other killers. I also agree that the Rage mode should be faster, as I've been playing some Legion for archives recently and a killer moving at that speed would have a tough time getting value out of only 30 seconds of Exposed. And I do think that the growth rates really should be standardized since it's just unnecessary for them to all be different, sans maybe the last tier being sped up to cover bigger maps at the same pace as smaller ones.

As for the perk feedback;

No Safe Haven: Completely agree that it should also do something else, maybe an overarching effect of some kind like you said.

Silenced Industry: I didn't picture it being a very strong perk while designing it, but I could see it being very oppressive against less experienced players. I didn't consider if the deafening would obstruct the Terror Radius or not, but I reckon it shouldn't as it would make it a little too good.

Decay: Agreed.

Teardown: Yeah, the concept was more for the fun of it, just letting survivors get smash happy. I don't think it would ever be useful, other than maybe on The Game or on Dead Dawg.

Surge Protector: I posted this perk with very low numbers since I think anything above 50% could be gamebreaking, especially if multiple could be active on the same generator. It could still get out of hand, but I sort of thought of it as something you put on a generator mid-chase after it's been kicked, or maybe before you have to leave it if they have Ruin.

Improvisation: Good point on the rescue stun, as 1.75 seconds is pretty much nothing, especially against killers like Blight and Nurse.

Boon: Totem Guardian: Also something I probably should have thought a little harder about before posting it as is. Would be a nightmare to deal with with 4 Exponentials, although, then again, the killer could just not slug (unless they're Twins, which would make them even more unplayable).

Come Back Swinging: This perk was sort-of intended as like a Left Behind or Sole Survivor. Something of a catch-up perk when things go horribly wrong. Survivors could intentionally stay slugged with Unbreakable or Soul Guard, but then they run the risk of wasting time that could have been spent repairing.

Skittish: I intended this one as a bit of a counter for things like I'm All Ears and Glowing Concoction, but 8% is really low for only a 5 second or so aura reading. Would remain very niche and under-used, probably for the best.

Hex: Fatigue: It would be a highly sought-after totem for survivors to cleanse I imagine. Then again, if none have exhaustion perks (which, let's be honest, almost never happens) then it would be worthless.

Hex: Burnout: Yeah I don't fully know why I made it counterable without having to cleanse it. I don't really think anyone would go through the effort of healing others when they could just find the thing and be rid of it forever, though with Undying it could be a decent slowdown/ chasing perk.

Whiplash: I didn't really plan out how it would stun them, but it would be a nice counter to the players who just w-key to one loop, stun you, then w-key to the next. Paired with Spirit Fury + Enduring, it would be a devastating perk.

All in all, I really appreciate the feedback, especially since a lot of it is stuff I really should have thought about before posting this as a finalized version. Hope you enjoyed the concept (and also +respect for doing the math for this)!