Making Killers Cry In One Picture:

Options

Let's...never do that again.

(For those that weren't around, think a seasonal event that could give survivors an extra health state, and bug out several killers' powers completely).

Anyone got anything else?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Clown could just throw a bottle to get them out so it was no issue for me. Plus free STBFL stacks

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

it was so punishing for some killers and such a non issue on others

like slinger can shoot and pull them out and hit them, but wraith had to give them a free health state

if this returns the snowmen need to take a health state instead of being a free hit at 0 cost since they respawn

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    edited September 2022
    Options

If they bring snowmen back, they need to count a snowman hit as a missed attack and not as successful attacks. It seems very silly that you get a slowdown for not damaging the survivor. The survivors didn't get speed boost off of that, but you shouldn't get the slowdown either.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

That was the thing: I had fun with Snowman conga lines and dancing survivors a lot during the first 2h of the event and the rest of day 1 and day 2, but after that survivors only (ab)used the living daylights out of the snowmen and it was not fun anymore for the killer.

The other aspect was that the survivors got a "fun" seasonal toy to play around with, while killers got nothing, they only got their cosmetics by hitting snowmen with survivors in them. Wow... The hight of interactivity. I can totally see while this event got a bad rep.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,994
    edited September 2022
    Options

You see, I mained artist during that event. So I would see them hop in the snowman, place a crow, walk right up next to them, launch the crow, and then hit them down immediately

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Yeah, snowmen sucked a lot, but they were fun for the first Trial

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Well, yeah?

It completely negated several killer powers. For example, jumping into one removed your Ghostface mark immediately.

Because it was buggy and poorly implemented.

Ugh...yeah.

Ghostface was completely useless. Not only did the snowman shield you from the instadown, but it removed your mark the second you got in.

Twins - if I recall, you couldn't hit a healthy survivor with Victor at all.

Myers also had it rough.

Other killers, such as Doctor, could instantly negate it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Not as good as the legendary winter solstices, but this event was actually pretty fun.

I actually played it myself... for only 2 trials, but it is better than nothing.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

That was the most interactive event in like 3 years. It was good.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Lol never again BHVR please

• ihateboons
    ihateboons Member Posts: 167
    Options

Ok? Whats your suggestion to fix the issue then? Because I enjoyed the event regardless of the role or killer i played. Would you rather just gen/hook reskins with pustules with M1 gameplay? Meh. That was boring.

I think your main complaint is "Losing". You need to set your own curriculum for wins instead of kills as Killer, because the Survivor community is the only ones having to really adapt with the patch changes.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Not to brag or anything, but I looped a zombie for 5 gens in the snowman suit. Get on my level, son.

• whampyri
    whampyri Member Posts: 68
    Options
  • Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Please do it again, it was hilarious.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

That was actually a really fun event. Probably one of their better ones. I'd welcome it back anytime w/ additional fixes of course.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Nah,that wasn't that bad.

Look at last gen FPS at Nemesis release,then you'll cry

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,637
    Options

For this event only I became a doctor main. Mettle of snowman might have been fun for survivors but some killers had their power denied by it. Twins come to mind.

I don't mind if they bring it back as long as it doesn't shut down certain killer powers again.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Fun idea, terrible execution and multiple oversights for one side. Almost like there was a lesson that could have been learned but wasn't.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,800
    Options

Man, I loved that event. Me and my friend just jumped into snowmen suits and danced around and high-fived each other until the killer got tired of it and killed us. Sometimes all four survivors would dance in a circle or get in a conga line. It was fantastic.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Why would you want to jump into a snowman and move super slow to take a health state of damage either way? That ruins the point of the snowman. It was something to be fun for a short amount of time.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Honestly the winter event was actually really good I didn't really have a problem with it. It had it's moments but, it was still a lot of fun to play around with.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 877
    Options

"The survivors got a free health state"

Dude, I literally used to wonder up to the killer and allow them to hit me. If they wanted to chase after that then fair enough. Many didn't.

It was a really fun event and I would love them to do it again. I want to be rolling round in a pumpkin this Halloween.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I actually liked that event with both killer and survivor. It was a nice change and a pretty fun event. The survivors moved super slow in the snowmen, so it didn't really give them that much of an advantage.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options

I had a blast during that event. Honestly that whole time the game felt a lot friendlier. Killers and survivors would meme with the snowmen. It was nice.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,352
    Options

I play mostly killer and I loved the snowmen. Could shoot em with Deathslinger or zap em with Doctor to deny survivors their cosmetic unlocks :)

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 563
    Options

The only change they should make for this year’s winter event is give killers something to interact with too. Maybe they could hop into a snowman too?

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

People really hated that event? I thought it was fun and different. I even got some sweaty killers to let down their guard a little bit and have some fun with it all.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I was fine because Doc's shocks got the survivors out of the snowman and then they just stood there sayin "what happened" lol

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

That would have actually been really cool if the killers could get in them too. Don't know if it would have made up for how people could use them to tank hits for free or nullify half the powers in the game, but it would have at least made it less biased if that random snowman could suddenly turn into a bubba halfway through his charge or something. Of course knowing bhvr they'd probably screw it up and make it so that blight could dash while still having it on or freddy would accidentally be able to teleport to them or something equally stupid and broken.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Bring it back but let killers hide in them too.

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273
    Options

One of the only actually fun, creative events they've done in years. We need more events like that.

It really exposed how joyless most killer players are, too.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,177
    Options

Let's do the inverse and see how fun it is. Killers can pick up a candy cane around the map and if they hit a survivor with it, it's an instant down. Survivors get nothing except cosmetics if they make the killer whiff with the candy cane

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

All I know is I'm looking forward to this year's Winter Event for the Snow-Dredge costume they showed. 😄

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options
  • botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123
    Options

since when did people start caring about other people's fun in dbd? you know how much better the game would be if they did but that is a pipe dream.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

It was a well-intentioned event.

The execution could use some work though

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,451
    Options

Yes. If you marked a survivor and they jumped in a snowman, you would hit the snowman and they would become unmarked.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Indeed. I made a pretty harsh comment about the event, but the one thing that I really wanna stress as a good thing (besides free cosmetics ... whatever people sometimes say, free stuff is always neat!) is that they tried something new with this one and that it was the first one, that deserved the titel of event. It got something different then just reskinned hooks and gens and maybe some small collection mechanic, but altered the game in some core way.

But its execution could indeed use some more work.