A little "Would you press the button" question...

You're given a button that if pressed will fix any issues with the game. The killer and survivor gameplay will be better than ever, with either side being fun to play as no matter who you play as, who you play against, you play with, and if you even play with friends at all. Any future update will add even more great things to the game with the formula being perfected.

the catch?

everyone's data gets reset.

The perks you've unlocked, the blood points you've gained, and any sort of progress you had to show is all gone and you must start from nothing.

This includes anything you've bought with real money or in-game currency, so all the killers, survivors, and cosmetics you had are now gone and must all be rebought if you want them again.

BHVR would never acknowledge this reset no matter how many ask them anything surrounding it.

So would you press the button?

Comments

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

*Beep* done, I don't care, I'd just buy Kate again and be done with it

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

The game having four perk slots, two add-on slots, and one offering slot regardless of what they are instead of a weighted point system is horrible for balance.

The game having its only survivor objective holding M1 on a generator forever is really boring and a major drag on the game (including balance).

A plethora of other problems.

Yea I would press the button.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited September 2022

Nah, rather them do it slowly. besides ive never had a game where it was truly balanced and bug free that was fun

and im not spending hundreds of dollars just for some game changes

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Button go beep

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545

Nope, wouldn't press it.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,876

No, not worth it. I would rather them make a sequel (which they said they’re not interested in not doing).

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

Maybe but it prevents people from just taking all the best perks. Four gen regression perks for example. OId DH could even be a thing under a point system it would obviously be highest value of points. I wouldn't have limited items either you would just unlock different versions permanently. There would be slow medkit with more charges or fast medkit with less for example. It's kind of hard to balance generator times when a survivor can bring nothing or four survivors with green toolbox and BNP.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Hell nah. I ain't buying Leatherface again, not without barbecue and chill giving me benefits. They already took my masks, they aren't taking my Bubby too.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I would push the button and I've bought every chapter, unlocked every bloody cosmetic (expect for the new ones), got every perk in the game and have almost every achievement but to have the game perfect, in a theoretical mindset; I wouldn't even have to think about it.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Nope. I've sunk too much time in to reset. If I lost my progress, I just wouldn't play anymore.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Absolutely not. BHVR and DBD exist because of the time and money the players put into the game. Even when they make mistakes and take forever to fix them (if ever). Asking the players to not only forget about that and never ask about it, but both buy everything and build the characters up all over again? Beyond the ######### pale.

Same. There are so many other games available that are better developed and better managed than this one with better community support. This one's already been paid for and time put in. Complete restart = peace out.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,176

Instant press. Yeah, I would loose all the progress of the 1200h+ spend in this game, but afterwards the game that I love this much would be PERFECT! Awesome!!! That means that we got not many more complaints and everyone could enjoy the game to its fullest, now being a perfectly fair challenge of skills.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I feel like a lot of survivors care about their cosmetics and prestige's. But I just buy blight against then get wraith eventually with iri shards. I'll take the L and run 2 perks for ever, if mmr is accurate and people play the game to win on both sides.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I started playing two months ago.

There's nothing on my account I can't build again.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Give me a couple years to get out of full time education and get a stable income so I'm able to afford back the money I spent on this game and then sure I'd press it.

• Pokedude1110
    Pokedude1110 Member Posts: 24

I've spent so many hours on this game along with trillions of bloodpoints. I'm not giving all that time and energy up to "fix" a bunch of problems that BHVR should be fixing themselves.

So in short, I never would.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

No, I don’t want to ruin almost everybody’s game to fix mostly minor issues.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Nah, there barelly are any real issues left. Not enough to completely reset anyway.

Not to mention that everybody's "ideaal" game can be completely differenr so it would be the ideaal game for the person pressing the button

For the vast mayority of the players that would probably mean the game would be worse overal

Not only would i not press it. I would destroy it.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

100% press the button.

Personally I think they should just start the games code from scratch and move onto DBD2 where the game is better coded and a lot of the long standing issues are dealt with but they may not have the resources, ability or desire to do these things. Of course in this reality, everyone keeps all the stuff they already have from dbd1 except for anything that doesn't transfer over.

I agree on the poster above subjective part but I would like to think that addressing the buggy nature of the game as well as the spaghetti code may well be worth it for most.

I think as well my 'desires' would be less on game balance and more on quality of life and stuff that makes the game more enjoyable to all. Things like proper anti cheat, bots, solid single player, possible campaign and story mode as well as other fun things could be there. Make the game more appealing and more for 'everyone' and the direction would be more about player retention and enjoyment while reducing frustration factors as much as possible. I dunno if that stuff counts but if it's just gameplay balance, map balance and all the rest of that, I'd have to think long and hard about it though if I did, I'd try to get as much input as possible on what's perfection rather then trust my own judgement.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 410

I've spent 6 years of my life playing this game

I rather cry because of the bugs than deleting all these years of playing this game

Some people came to a point where it doesn't matter anymore. And I'm part of them, just give me content and I'll be fine

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Lol, I wouldn't touch the button. But I would watch someone else do it, then laugh sadly as both sides declared a newly balanced DBD as survivor/killer sided. C'mon, if you've been here for more than a couple of months, you know it would happen.

You could hand this community sheer perfection and they'd still find fault or blame their failures on bad design / biased devs.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

Nah. I'd rather they made a new game, hell make it DBD2. As broken as this game is it's still functional and fun, most of the time. So keep DBD1 as a relic for the minority to continue while everyone else moves to the shiney new perfect version.

Not a fan of losing investment like that. If for whatever reason my progress got deleted I'd probably never play again.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

Truth.

A perfect game would have a 50% win rate. But anyone who loses more than 25% of their games will cry that it's unfair.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

I press it, on the condition that simply owning the character lets you have the perks in the bloodweb, give ghostface a shotgun and give pig massive buffs

• jajapinkpeach
    jajapinkpeach Member Posts: 46

I will only say goodbye to my 82 outfits on Jake if pressing the button will gave us a good balance in the game and a shirtless outfit for him 😩

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

Ah yes, the 'fix any issues with the game.' button.

I come to the forum for my daily fiction.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,822

I'm torn. On the one hand, I want to say that what you're describing is a brand new game, and the retail price for a brand new game is a lot less than I've already spent on DBD, so it wouldn't be worth it to push the button.

On the other hand, I think part of what we're paying for in this scenario is a magic game that somehow completes the task of pleasing everyone and being fun. And I think magic is worth more money than whatever game the devs would come up with in real life.

So... yes. I would push the button and sacrifice my investment for the chance at a magic game that was guaranteed to please me.