Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dead Hard needs its full second back.

Bluebird
Bluebird Member Posts: 297
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I used to hate Dead Hard, don't get me wrong. I hated how it gave distance and made loops impossible. Thanks to its recent change though, that issue is no more. After using it in a few games (thematically, Carlos can tank more than 2 hits 100%), I gotta say, now it's woefully unfair on Survivors, but not because of the perk itself, but rather server desync.

In order to effectively use it, you either have to rush a Killer and use it in hopes they don't know you have it, use it in a state you know the Killer can't bait it out (Wesker dash, Billy Chainsaw, Bubba Chainsaw, etc.), or use it properly by timing it, and praying to the Server Gods that desync doesn't hit you and the game actually realizes you used it.

I can't count how many times on both my hands and feet I've used Dead Hard, knowing I hit it before I went down, and it never worked. I feel, personally, its smaller nerf needs to be reverted and it should grant a full one second of Endurance, so it's more fair overall. It can still be easily baited, and it gives more of a chance for others to use it.

Still won't fix Auto Dead-Hard scripts though. :(

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

I can't count how many times on both my hands and feet I've used Dead Hard, knowing I hit it before I went down, and it never worked

Maybe the problem is not that it does not last long enough but that it does not apply the effect right away when pressed, and you just pressed it a bit too late.

And this is fine, while frustrating at times, because no perk should be as strong as Dead Hard is without risk, sadly auto dead hard removes the risk but that is a question of getting rid of cheaters not the perk.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453
    edited September 2022

Stop trying to use it on reaction and start trying to use it on prediction. It works great in tight loops where the killer is forced to either lunge or eat a pallet after barely catching up to you. You can also fake a window with it. It shines when the killer is just barely within lunge distance and you're close to a resource such as window or pallet. You can also fake that you're gonna vault a downed pallet when you'd get hit, then use it.

I don't think it needs a buff. Not to mention, extending the duration wouldn't do anything the times where you press it too late for the server to register it and get hit anyways. I think DH is in a fine spot right now.

It feels bad against high ping killers but that's just how the game is coded in regards to how it interprets hits and ping.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Autodeadhard can be countered by missing hit. The program does not notice if you hit is going to land or miss. But the actual dead hard should work if you pressed it before killer hit that is unacceptable and should never happen in competive game like dbd. Even I hate the new dh it's better than old one if used right.

• Sabraiz

Autodeadhard can be countered by missing hit.

Not sure what point this is even supposed to make, we should have to play around cheats now? Sure bud.

Also, there are plenty of times where intentionally missing would give them a pallet drop, thus extending the chase. Same with windows for that matter if you don't manage to block the vault properly before swinging in the air.

But the actual dead hard should work if you pressed it before killer hit

And it does? Never wrote anything that implied otherwise. Or wait you mean that if you see your animation start before the killer hits you on your end it should always activate? But what if the killer does not see the animation at all when he hit? Whose POV is correct?

By the way, this is called latency and the reason why they implemented validation for dead hard and pallets on the server side.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Its fine how it is now.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Nope. DH's perfect how it is now-- rewarding done right, punishing done wrong, locks you in the animation an extra half second so you can't guarantee a pallet or window.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

I don't have any issue using dead hard. Maybe get good ?

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

As a survivor I'd love a second for dead hard. But it's a funny perk to balance because mlg survivors will abuse the hell out of it if it's buffed to make it easy for newer players to hit it

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

And.... how would you know this? And why are we talking about cheat programs now?

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

yeah I see DH as a "parry" window in the game now. takes good timing to block the hit, if you are off, you get hit

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

only change id say dh needs is having mettles new "special endurance thats not endurance" so it can be used in deep wound

then again, its not necessary, only 2 killers really counter dh

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

NO SYMPY FOR DEAD HARD.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440
  • TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495
    edited September 2022

Let's make it 10s like BT basekit.

No, 20 seconds. And if it activates you can use it again right after.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Definitely not, survivors are still getting good use out of the perk and it’s still the second most used perk in the aggregate opponent data I follow. The perk is fine where it is now.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Dead Hard is on-demand Endurance. You should not be able to use it reactively unless it’s against something with a big windup. Use it predictively.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

"It has to be a skill perk"

Killer perks reap wildly strong benefits without skill. Playing normally without anything specifically different will normally cause them to activate.

Dead Hard should be reverted just like killers got an even more tremendously oppressive meta perk back.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 938

Dead Hard is the most balanced survivor perk in the game in my opinion right now, it requires skill to use, and it rewards you if you manage to use it correctly, it doesn't give distance anymore and the killer can ''Wait It Out'' more often. Dead Hard is perfect how it is.

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121

Skill issue.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

They should have made this perk do literally anything else. Waiting to hit a survivor because of Dead Hard is wildly unfun gameplay

• Sabraiz

I am gonna regret this...

Which killer perks "reap wildly strong benefits without skill"? Other than extreme hyperbole which is standard for a post written by you, I do not see any substance behind your whataboutism post.

Dead Hard should stay as it is now, thank you. And what "tremendously oppressive meta perk" did killers get back? The only perk I have seen that has been "brought" back was reverting Mettle of Man, a survivor perk.

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123

there's a reason no one responds to you or upvotes you and thats because you act obnoxious. no one mentioned it being 10 seconds besides you who's just trying to troll.

• TheLastHook
    edited September 2022

So not enough? let´s make it then 30s? that would suit you?

Let´s throw a little extra, so that does not deactivate by conspicuous actions. Base Kit BT 30 seconds and you can repair gens, heal, whatever. And while at it let´s make it that it refreshes Decisive Strike, too.

Well, no, let´s make also Decisive Strike basekit and also equip two items so you can swap between flashlight and something else.

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123

and like that i'm done talking to you since i ain't feeding the troll have fun with the silence again. 🤣

• TheLastHook
    edited September 2022

What that is exactly what you are asking right? so you ask for it all at once and stop annoying with so many posts about getting freebies to the already overpowered role that Survivor is.

So yeah why not let´s undo Dead Hard, we make a new Dead Hard 2 that behaves like the current one, let´s undo Decisive Strike and let´s make it refresh once the gates power up. And, when someone opens the gates you get basekit 80s immunity to everything. And the aura of the killer gets revealed to you if no one has called it out on Discord.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

Dead hard is fine if you are good as survivor so no

• MissiCiv
    MissiCiv Member Posts: 57

skill issue

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,892

Half a second is fine. What needs to be better is the servers bhvr runs on.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

"But what about Killers" isnt a valid argument Sluzzy, they are two completely different classes to play.

Perhaps there should be activatable killer perks, but their power sorta serve that function.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 470

No it does not need it's full second back, thats what got tested in PTB and how we got here sir. It already was 1 second and was not fixing the problem, if it was second again it would also make Ashley's Perk worthless (MoM)

• Gamna
    Gamna Member Posts: 39

People asks to bring back old perks, why ? 5 years isnt enough ? We have 70+perks, some are better than others, fine, BUT let change the meta. Old DH remind me old vacuum palette bad design to balance imo.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Any killer perk does the dirty work for simply pressing M1 when the pixels are close together. In a hide and seek game, why are killers given a tremendously long aura reading along with 1-shot down for simply carrying a survivor? Only to now completely bypass an entire health state? This is the opposite of the wrongfully called "second chance" perks that were gutted and removed from survivor. These perks are way more powerful because they slow the game way down for the killer and causes the other plays the need to stop working on their objectives in order to make the match possible to win. All of these adverse effects have a domino effect and why the game is very broken right now.

If Dead Hard should stay the way it, why was the aura reading from BBQ not removed? Why does Corrupt Intervention still have the same benefits of slowing down the early game, which BTW puts the match in killer's favor?

Dead Man's Switch with Scourage Hook is what killers got back. MoM was not even a meta perk. It is still a very bad perk because you have to put the match completely at risk to only one health state with a major drawback of showing your aura. Survivors didn't get anything back.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,083

I think the 1 second would be nice to combat high latency interactions, thats the main reason I'd want the perks duration increased a little.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

DH is fine now, a lot of survivors still use it right. Just takes skill now.

• Sabraiz
    edited September 2022

In a hide and seek game, why are killers given a tremendously long aura reading along with 1-shot down for simply carrying a survivor?

It takes at least three perks to get this to work, i.e. Starstruck, Agitation and Awakened Awareness. And only one killer can really squeeze out ridiculous benefit from it.

Only to now completely bypass an entire health state?

Only if they stick around, seeing Starstruck activate should be a sign of go away. Even more so if you notice that the killer is walking in your direction.

This is the opposite of the wrongfully called "second chance" perks that were gutted and removed from survivor.

As far as I am aware, none of the second chance perks were removed. And barely gutted, the new Dead Hard is stronger in some situations than the old one and weaker in others. Just not as obnoxious were you actually need to time it correctly to get value out of it now.

These perks are way more powerful because they slow the game way down for the killer and causes the other plays the need to stop working on their objectives in order to make the match possible to win.

Not really sure which perks you refer to here, but I am assuming it is still the three perks I mentioned above. As I mentioned a bit earlier, only one killer can really benefit from the perks properly. If any other killer gets a free down from Starstruck the survivors has most likely misplayed by placing themselves in a dead zone.

causes the other plays the need to stop working on their objectives in order to make the match possible to win.

This part feels like complete nonsense, should survivors have absolutely zero need to be pressured when a teammate is in need of help. What do you want, infinite hooks?

All of these adverse effects have a domino effect and why the game is very broken right now.

It is really only one killer that can do it.

If Dead Hard should stay the way it, why was the aura reading from BBQ not removed?

Are you seriously comparing BBQ with Dead Hard? In what world are they even equal?

Also, BBQ if anything helps with lessening camping because killers have an idea of where to go next. And if you are afraid of getting seen from further away than 40 meters from the hook, hide in a locker/behind an unrepaired generator.

Why does Corrupt Intervention still have the same benefits of slowing down the early game, which BTW puts the match in killer's favor?

Have you seen the ridiculously large maps? Where without Corrupt all the large maps are even more survivor sided. Not to mention that Corrupt Intervention also got nerfed, it disappears either after the timer passes or on first down. Giving the killer a chance in the early game, which even Behaviour has acknowledged as a problem for killers, considering their dropped idea of an "early game collapse" to slow the game down at the start. So that the majority of killers(characters not players) have a chance at the start of the match and not always losing 3 gens during the first chase against a good survivor.

Dead Man's Switch with Scourage Hook is what killers got back.

Dead Man's Switch was nerfed, while I do agree that getting back the interaction between these two perks might not have been the best move but as mentioned Dead Man's Switch was nerfed heavily.

MoM was not even a meta perk.

Never mentioned that it was either. It is just the only perk that has been according to your words;

got an even more tremendously oppressive meta perk back.

Which in the way you wrote it to be that there was a singular perk that was restored, which only applies to Mettle of Man. Dead Man's Switch and Pain Resonance are two perks interacting with each other, not really the same thing as getting back one perk as you implied.

Your claim of

Killer perks reap wildly strong benefits without skill.

Is also a massively flawed argument, to even get value of

Any killer perk does the dirty work for simply pressing M1 when the pixels are close together.

You actually have to get close to a survivor, which against good survivors can take a long time to get a chance to M1 them. Even more so on some maps than others.

Edit: Not wanting to participate in continuing to discuss stuff that does not pertain to the original topic, this will be my final response on stuff not relating to the original topic.

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309

This perk has been the most used for 6 years and is still seeing play even after this nerf. Please I beg lets not make it used more.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

It just needs better validation, so many times I'll be in the DH animation and still go down as if I never used it.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

So noob-friendly, yes?

0,5 is totally fine.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

I wasn’t around for old Dead Hard but as it currently exists I’ve never had success using it. Since I’m comparatively new it could totally be skill but you would think even then I would have tripped and accidentally fell into correct timing on at least 1 occasion. I just stopped ever using it since it never does anything for me.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

I like the idea I heard that the dash comes back but only if the survivor has the broken status.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Litterally currently the worst perk in the game.

Needs its one second back and its exhaustion replaced by a flat 40 seconds cooldown.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

The issue with dead hard is the same as tic tac toe.

There isn't any getting good, the first player always wins if they know how to play. The killer is the first player.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

Dude hes being sarcastic cant you tell lol

Hes saying rhat because most of us donr agree with you at all that the time should be extended, at MOST if there were to be a buff, it would be 0.25 seconds more, not a full second