Do you have Killer(s) that you can't play without some or any addons?

Options

Title.

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,451
    edited September 2022
    Options

Doctor practically has no anti-loop without Discipline - Carter's Notes add-on.

Deathslinger is too punishing without at least the modified ammo belt add-on.

That's pretty much it for me though.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Demogorgan. I need Barb’s Glasses and Black Heart.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    edited September 2022
    Options

When I finally get back round to trying Blight again - I need that add-on that lets me see where I'm going to bounce off of.

I jokingly call it a my 'training wheel add-on', but it's really useful for me, as I'm still learning.

Same with the Nurse one that lets you see where your blinks will land (though I rarely play as her.)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

As for me personaly I think I like to always need something for Trapper. At least extra traps and set up speed.

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277
    Options

Legion. As a Legion main, I really wish the power got something more with the rework than a down that requires 4 people to let it happen. Fuming Tape gives you so much extra breathing room along with intel that I just feel so much weaker without. It's also my favorite mixtape in terms of chase music as well. To have extra slowdown on Legion is a blessing, to have it be a half Ruin is even better

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,118
    Options

Pinhead and to a lesser extent Trapper (don't play him often)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I could but I don't... LOL

• Nuss_Blugget
    Nuss_Blugget Member Posts: 4
    Options

call it terrible but for me it's Freddy. I need Paint Thinner or Prototype Claws to give me Dream Pallets to do anything (I find people fall for it more than I thought) and it feels like his snares don't slow survivors down much.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

I typically dont run any addons on killers 90% or the time.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Hag is sad without some range.

Legion is way more fun with add-ons as well ! (Pills/Mural my beloved)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

There's no killer I "can't play" without add-ons, but I think Meyers is way more fun to play using a Mirror or Infinite Evil or Tombstone add-on than using just his base kit.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I feel like demo really needs add ons to be very effective

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

Ghostface's restealth is painfully slow without the matchbook cutting off 6 seconds from the cooldown.

Deathslinger double reload speed addons are a must.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,446
    Options

I don't see them very often, but when I do go against a Clown you can bet his giggling drunk azz is running Pinky Finger.

Every. Time.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 868
    Options

Most killers I don't even use add ons or really rely on them the few that I do feel that I really need. Doctor with calm and Trapper. There's some other add ons that I need to make certain builds work.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

I never used addons before MMR because I'm a hoarder.

Now I retire Killers when I run out of good addons.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

Trapper- Honing stone

Wraith- Either bell add-on

Doc- An electrode add-on

Legion- Mural sketch AND Never sleep pills

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

I mean I can pretty much play any of the killers in my rotation without addons. Do i want to? No, no I do not. Myers, Plague, Doctor are probably the top three I can think of that would be the least fun or most challenging without addons.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Doctor for me is entirely addon dependent. Maybe Wraith too.

Rest I can do without for the most part.

• The_Minotaur
    The_Minotaur Member Posts: 3
    Options

For me the most important clown addon is the bleach flask. I see a lot of clowns running pinky finger and totally failing to utilize it, bleach just juices the hell out of what your power was already good for.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Wraith. He is so bad without his good addon combos.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Nurse feels really bad at base recharge speed. Also, even though you'll be fine 90% of time without add ons if you're really good at her, you're not going to down a good survivor that actually knows how to run a Nurse in a timely manner without recharge or range.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

Oh no, nurse "feels really bad" without her broken addons that remove any thought to her power? That's horrible! God, I can only imagine if a nurse main ever finds these mythical survivors that "actually know how to run a nurse" without omegablink and starstruck/agitation.

She might only 4K at 2 gens!

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Idk if he counts, but Doctor for me.

His power was designed specifically for the use of Add Ons, so not using them feels like I'm missing out on his actual powers.

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495
    Options

@Buily09

In particular, The Trapper. With no addons is gg.

The rest, you can do without addons but maybe some suffer a bit more like The Twins,The Hag, Dredge, Deathslinger. But The Trapper, is a complete different Killer without the addons.

@Regulus47

Oh no, nurse "feels really bad" without her broken addons that remove any thought to her power

Discord and SWF is broken, Nurse is not broken, I personally don´t care about her range addons never use them. But if you think it´s so easy go play Nurse and show us all how it´s done.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,984
    Options

Im more of a Barb's Glasses + Rat Liver user tbh. Rat Liver is extremely underrated, that extra movement speed can help get Shreds even if it doesnt seem like much.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Doctor and Trapper. Both really do need add-ons.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Surprisingly, no. I typically play without add-ons, even on killers like trickster and trapper. It has less to do with improving and more to do with the fact that I have a weird aversion to using once-only items in games.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I might be wrong here,but i don't think you like Nurse

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413
    Options

I can't play Spirit for #########..... with or without addons.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited September 2022
    Options

I mean...they exist. I'm not sure why a Nurse player would be the last person anyone would believe about that sort of thing, but that's the DbD community I guess. Better take everyone's word for it except for the people with 20k+ blink attacks. You wouldn't ask an electrician about an issue with plumbing. Those "mythical" survivors are as mythical as the god Nurse everyone thinks they run into every other game. The Nurse is likely average and players have no idea what they're doing.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Can't play Wesker, Trickster, Sadako, or Trapper without their addons.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2022
    Options

Every killer except nurse. And oni I mostly use brown or yellow addons but they never leave

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

Twins.

I need the aiming adding because you look so bad when you get to a window and slam against it instead of jumping through it, i need to know if I'll jump over or not

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

Same. Never run addons and I don’t run items on survivor.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2022
    Options

Freddy - the one and only addon, which is reliable, is the Red Paint Brush. Im using this Iri-Addon almost every game

Nemesis - the one which increases the Mutation-Rate by hitting a survivor (yellow)

Sadako - Iri-Tape

Legion - until now Ive played only the 2 yellow-addon-combo (Pills + the other one)

Demo - Barbs Glasses in 95% of the time. In addition, the Iri-Aura-Reading-Addon or the brown Heart.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 768
    Options

Myers. I have to use stalk addons or it's just brutal.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

Trapper - I need some sort of setting speed.

Myers - basekit Myers is painful. Literally anything.

Dredge - Haddie's Calendar feels like a must bring.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Charge and recharge for spirit,, getting in phase faster and gettin it back faster are soooo good,, Makes spirit feel way smoother if you aren't goin ham with MDR cherry blossom

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options

Doctor is probably the most addon dependent killer in the game. I played every killer perkless and addonless, and oh boy does playing Doctor without help is a nightmare. I had more fun on Myers than on him