Shattered Hope should be base kit

Options
2»

Comments

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413
    Options

I think this would be good as a perk. Dunno about basekit tho. And some hexes shouldn't work with it I feel. Like NOED.

• RonMan32
    Options

That's not how this works. You replied to other people who "weren't talking to you". Either ignore me or provide an actual response please. I'm trying to you know, use this thread for it's intended purpose. A place to discuss this issue. It seems like you don't want me to reply to you because you didn't like what I said. You can express that without being passive aggressive.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    Options

I was just...confused.

Getting a random notification from a thread I had not seen since last month, and a comment by someone I wasn't even talking to can be a bit confusing.

• RonMan32
    Options

Fair enough. It just read as a tad rude so I guess I got defensive because I disagreed with you. Sorry.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,245
    Options

Stop with this nonsense comparison already pls. Killers have abilities that survivors don't and are quicker. Their perks are generally stronger in 1v1 sense. You can make this statement once you make the game symmetrical. Also survivors needs to mostly use same perk (and everyone at that) to partially counter something killers do for free (e.g. 4x OTR to REDUCE tunnel that doesn't need any perk).

To the original topic:

I would even argue boons CoH included are usually bad, because - medkits heal is better. Time to find totem + boon it + heal + all the risks of being found at any stage of this/time wasted (that could be in gens) + killers find it easy by sound/possibly already knew where they are.

Frankly I would never use boons as CoH is the only one barely worth it - and it's still inferior to old SC (running injured around the map and wasting 2mins to heal is not worth it) and that is the actual state.

The only saving grace are maps like ironworks (top of main) that waste also a lot of killers time. But that is just exception to rule.

Make shattered hope basekit and boons are dead. Boons are killers perk at that point.

• zgameboy
    zgameboy Member Posts: 79
    Options

See no it's foolish to not consider the aspect of a 4v1. It takes time for a survivor to find a totem and light it sure but there is 4 survivors for 1 perk to allow all of them to save immense time being able to heal themselves. Or boosted healing on others. You simply cannot ignore the fact that survivors get 16 perks. You are starting to sound like a finger sucker who throws bottles.

• Patchouli_Knowledge
    Patchouli_Knowledge Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2022
    Options

As a Mikaela main I'm actually not bothered by Shattered Hope. Most of the time it literally does nothing for me because I memorized all totem spawn locations in the game and can find other totems very fast. It's a bad idea to reboon the same totem anyway because the killer already know its location, so I usually only really do it when it's a very good location where it wastes time for the killer to get to (second floor eyrie of crows, old RPD library, temple of purgation underground/second floor etc). By the time killer snuffs my first boon, I usually already have two or three other totems ready to use (it's my habit to check for spawn locations along the way where I go even if I don't need it right away).

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,245
    edited September 2022
    Options

16 perk comparison is nonsense.

You could compare them by sheer numbers if there were perks like e.g. "recreate hope" perk, that when 2 gens are completed survivors get speed boost, 3 gens are completed all survivors get 1 extra endurance without deep wound effect and at 5 gens all hook counts on all survivors get canceled (with option to snuff the totem by doing it for 14 seconds and it giving no sound).

Somehow there are no such a strong perks. I wonder why that is the case. Might be that killer is 1 so he needs clearly stronger perks to even it out (and yes - it is even that way. So your 16v4 argument is moot point)