a grim prognosis

the dead horse that has been reduced to dust still beckons.

a'ight.  here it is.  this game is doomed.  yes, it has grown in popularity but so has the "the bad stuff".

swf and camping/tunneling.  both go on unabated, rationalized and justified.  i heard someone on the dbd forum say, "it's a horror game, it isn't meant to be fun.", in regards to epic camp, hook farm and rehook.  i think i speak for all of us when i say that i feel philosophically comforted.  overjoyed even, as it all makes sense now.  ....whatever....

the brutal truth is...if a large part of the community isn't enjoying the experience, they aren't going to stick around.  i love this game but i seldom play killer anymore.  after a few games, i remember why i don't.  (swf)  give me a choice is my answer for that.  i don't see that happening though.

80% of the games i played last night featured epic camp/rehook and tunneling.  stack a couple games like that in a row and a less than fanatical frame of mind emerges.  

just sayin'.  these two things....are killing the game.  justify the nonsense all you want to but you will soon be muttering it to yourselves.

Comments

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

Don't know what to say.
    So here's a an up vote

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    thank you.  my first one in 78 posts.  i am not even lying right now.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    camping and tunneling is the only answer for swf.  both feed one another.  i will never say there is nothing wrong with it though.
  • Miserella
    Miserella Member Posts: 8

@RemoveSWF said:
    There's nothing wrong with camping and tunnelling. There's a clear counter to it (repairing generators) which survivors have consistently failed to do since launch.

SWF is cancer, ruins the balance and should immediately be removed.

That implies your teammates don't insta kill themselves on hook after being tunneled/camped.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Huge camp / tunnel usually happens at low ranks against new killers that feel insecure about their skills.
    OP: what is your rank?

• EpicFailTryHard
    18 as killer.  17 as survivor.  my experience has been that the higher i rank, the more camping amd tunmeling i see.  i have been 9 as survivor and 14 as killer at highest

• EpicFailTryHard
    more swf the higher i ranked also.
  • theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    RemoveSWF said:

There's nothing wrong with camping and tunnelling. There's a clear counter to it (repairing generators) which survivors have consistently failed to do since launch

What does that even mean? I see a camper only get one kill because the other survivors focus on gens literally all the time. Yes, sometimes they sit around the hook. More often than not, though, the camped survivor simply DCs or suicides on the hook because there's no incentive to stay and no punishment for leaving.

Also, to the OP, this game has been out two years now and it's still very active. Will it eventually die down a lot? Duh. Almost every game does. Games that keep a huge community for years and years are the exception, not the rule.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    true story.  i was a bit...grouchy when i made this.  i just wasn't seeing much variety as far as the competition.  last night was much better.  it just seems that when it is bad, it's real bad.  good thing it is also awesome when good.  thanx for the feedback, all.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Well, SWF is obviously flawed since the game was balanced around soloplay and using voice comms is literally cheating
    Camping and tunneling is so popular because this is the only way to show that you are playing the powerrole, its really sad yeah

I wish killers were a bit scarier, just like a good nurse, I love playing against a good nurse but sadly her selfstun annoys me a lot when playing her

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

a'ight.  here it is.  this game is doomed.  yes, it has grown in popularity but so has the "the bad stuff".

swf and camping/tunneling.  both go on unabated, rationalized and justified.  i heard someone on the dbd forum say, "it's a horror game, it isn't meant to be fun.", in regards to epic camp, hook farm and rehook.  i think i speak for all of us when i say that i feel philosophically comforted.  overjoyed even, as it all makes sense now.  ....whatever....

the brutal truth is...if a large part of the community isn't enjoying the experience, they aren't going to stick around.  i love this game but i seldom play killer anymore.  after a few games, i remember why i don't.  (swf)  give me a choice is my answer for that.  i don't see that happening though.

80% of the games i played last night featured epic camp/rehook and tunneling.  stack a couple games like that in a row and a less than fanatical frame of mind emerges.  

just sayin'.  these two things....are killing the game.  justify the nonsense all you want to but you will soon be muttering it to yourselves.
    the games mechanics are fine. ive heard this whiny doomsaying nonsense since the game came out years ago.

we get it, you got camped and tunneled for a few games. get over it.
  • Zombiella
    Zombiella Member Posts: 53

I enjoy playing with my friends but I'm conflicted because I know SWF on comms is unbalanced and unfun (for the killer) and it forces the killer to adapt playstyles that many consider toxic. I know they'd never remove SWF but they gotta do something to make it less cancer for the killers.

Sadly, a lot of the killers that I think are actually spooky to go against aren't that strong.
    Wraith and Freddy are just sad. Hag and Pig are ok but need some tweaking. Myers is probably the only one that's actually balanced. I love playing VS him and as him. If only he had cosmetics...

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Lowbei said:

the games mechanics are fine. ive heard this whiny doomsaying nonsense since the game came out years ago.

we get it, you got camped and tunneled for a few games. get over it.

i guess you are wanting me call you daddy, tough guy?  i suppose you are right in that your experience is that you gleefully enjoy an overabundance of the things mentioned your bad self.  how silly of me. 
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Camping works because the game forces you to unhook people if you want a decent amount of bloodpoints or a pip. Even the survivor perk that allows you to get a half-decent amount of BP requires unhooks.

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29

bE does not care about you. They only made this game for a profit, their decisions are driven by what can make them money.

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

@RemoveSWF said:
    There's nothing wrong with camping and tunnelling. There's a clear counter to it (repairing generators) which survivors have consistently failed to do since launch.

I'm a main killer and i haven't had problems with SWF groups since forever

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    hMM said:

@RemoveSWF said:

I'm a main killer and i haven't had problems with SWF groups since forever

of course not.  everyone is taking crazy pills but you.  all that you need to do is activate beast mode and these strange words appear on the screen that separate you from us measly peasants.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@RemoveSWF said:

I personally love playing against SWF. I can plan better because i know what to expect. My offering is usually a mori if i get 3 or more SWF. Thin the herd. Let them tell their friends my load out they will join them soon or maybe they escape, but they are not all getting out and for a SWF if they all don't leave that isn't a "win". You can't win every round. If you did why would you play? You are going to have rounds you get owned just deal with it! Hopefully the killers will all get a little buff. To add fear back into the game and balance. Until then do your best under the current conditions.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    camping and tunneling is the only answer for swf.  both feed one another.  i will never say there is nothing wrong with it though.
    Or just lobby dodge
  • EpicFailTryHard
    they still sneak through.  i am on ps4 and the only real indication i have is them loading all at once.  i try to catch the names in one another's friend's list but one minute is insufficient.  if i had a real indicator, i would never play them.  as it stands now, i seldom play killer anymore.  best way to avoid the crap.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    RemoveSWF said:

There's nothing wrong with camping and tunnelling. There's a clear counter to it (repairing generators) which survivors have consistently failed to do since launch

What does that even mean? I see a camper only get one kill because the other survivors focus on gens literally all the time. Yes, sometimes they sit around the hook. More often than not, though, the camped survivor simply DCs or suicides on the hook because there's no incentive to stay and no punishment for leaving.

Also, to the OP, this game has been out two years now and it's still very active. Will it eventually die down a lot? Duh. Almost every game does. Games that keep a huge community for years and years are the exception, not the rule.

check out the player base statistics.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

@Zombiella said:
    The reason survivors sometimes don't gen rush when someone is being camped is that it's really hard to accept 2 things:
    1. That your gameplay experience is just going to be AFK gen rushing---no altruism, hardly any chase, etc.-it's VERY boring. Not to mention, literally pointless. As in, you get fewer points---everyone gets fewer points with this method.
    2. One of your teammates (whoever was hooked first) just doesn't get to play the game. Sometimes I'll let someone sit on the hook until the last part and take their place so they have a chance to get some points.

Anyway, my person opinion on tunneling/camping:

Tunneling is a strategy I understand---especially when the game is going too fast and you're trying to secure some points/pip/rank or you're just not good at catching and hooking people, so you know you probably won't get a kill otherwise.
    Camping is kinda lazy and pretty boring excepting a few situations:
    1. if you know there are people right there, waiting for you to step 2ft away so they can save,
    2. if it's endgame and you gotta make a play and hope to catch 1 more,
    3. if they are the Dying Light obsession, etc.,
    4. if they were toxic towards you,
    5. if the game is going incredibly fast [stupid BNP(s)],
    6. and for the memes, ok?

Personally, I make it a rule to not camp when I play killer and I try not to hook the same person twice in a row (but I will down them if I catch them), and I absolutely won't hook the same person in a row if it's their death hook.
    I PIP in probably half or more of my games but I'll admit that it's very difficult sometimes, playing with these personal rules, and I still get hate messages occasionally.
    But, as someone who plays a lot of survivor: it's REALLY not fun VSing a camping killer. Even tunneling can suck if you're unlucky, or the killer is massively more skillful than you are, OR (as is the case a lot) you have a toxic SWF team being useless---or just bad/newb teammates in general and nothing is getting done while you're out there getting fk'd on.

I guess at the end of the day, what I really want to say is:
    _1. Slow down gen progress
    2. Give a little nerf to SC
    3. destroy remove balance DS
    4. Deincentivise camping---slower death progress when killer is in x meter range? or make chasing people give more points? not sure tbh

> 5. make the game scary again for survivors

1. maybe reward methods of play that extend the game or even offer extra bp if the game lasts longer than a certain time, idfk_

I may not have the perfect solution but there's an abundance of complaints on both sides and they are all pretty valid tbh. I just think you can't expect players to play a certain way unless you address the main issues forcing them to play that way...
    I probably don't have good answers, I'm just a player that experiences a lot of frustration with this game on a regular basis. But, I do love it. Soooo much. :')

This is one of the best posts I've seen on this forum. Kudos <3

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@SovererignKing said:
    Truth is, camping and tunneling happen mostly because Killers are insecure. With the balance of the game the way it is, it’s really no surprise. It’s not fun for the Killer either. 

Many Killers just give up. Just facing a Looper with the meta perks is enough to make you feel powerless. Never mind facing more than one. If the whole team is Loopers? Screw it. Take what you can get. Besides, Camping has a built in counter. The only real counter to Looping? Nurse. 

There is no counter SWF using discord or whatever for the advantage of info relay. No real counter to Gen Rush. You can only chase one person while everyone else rushes the gens. Not the Survivors fault for Gen Rush, that’s what they are supposed to do. It on the developers to do something about the gens being too quick and easy to repair. 

The game mechanics are so favorable to the Survivors that even mediocre Survivors have a chance against the best Killers. Replace those mediocre Survivors with highly skilled Survivors? It’s a blow out game. The developers have balanced the game for sub-par play on the Survivors part to equal a 2 death / 2 live match. If the Survivors don’t play sub-par, you will lose as Killer. 1k is best you can shoot for most of the time. 

If camping and tunneling is to be reduced, the developers need to change the balance of the game so that Killers aren’t being made to fight a bunch of game mechanics that are rigged against them. Right now it’s all on the Survivors to make a bunch of mistakes with these mechanics in play. If they don’t screw up using these mechanics, the Killer is nigh on helpless. 

Speak for yourself. Do not speak for me.

I camp because i want to.
    I camp because after two flahslight saves i want that flashlight gone.
    I camp as a response to tbagging. Then i nod my head while revving the chainsaw. How did that tbag work out?
    I camp to kill.
    I camp cos survs will come. And they always do. No matter what rank. They think i am some baby killer.
    I camp cos its my first hook and 4 gens are done. Think i am goign to walk away at that point?
    I camp cos of previous experience with a player that i want gone.
    I camp cos i know it pisses the survs off. Yes, it really gets under their skin. Great counter to tbagging.
    I camp because its fun.

I tunnel cos that is the most efficient way of getting that hook. Survs cant understand this. They are incapable of thinking.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Envees said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Truth is, camping and tunneling happen mostly because Killers are insecure. With the balance of the game the way it is, it’s really no surprise. It’s not fun for the Killer either. 

Many Killers just give up. Just facing a Looper with the meta perks is enough to make you feel powerless. Never mind facing more than one. If the whole team is Loopers? Screw it. Take what you can get. Besides, Camping has a built in counter. The only real counter to Looping? Nurse. 

There is no counter SWF using discord or whatever for the advantage of info relay. No real counter to Gen Rush. You can only chase one person while everyone else rushes the gens. Not the Survivors fault for Gen Rush, that’s what they are supposed to do. It on the developers to do something about the gens being too quick and easy to repair. 

The game mechanics are so favorable to the Survivors that even mediocre Survivors have a chance against the best Killers. Replace those mediocre Survivors with highly skilled Survivors? It’s a blow out game. The developers have balanced the game for sub-par play on the Survivors part to equal a 2 death / 2 live match. If the Survivors don’t play sub-par, you will lose as Killer. 1k is best you can shoot for most of the time. 

If camping and tunneling is to be reduced, the developers need to change the balance of the game so that Killers aren’t being made to fight a bunch of game mechanics that are rigged against them. Right now it’s all on the Survivors to make a bunch of mistakes with these mechanics in play. If they don’t screw up using these mechanics, the Killer is nigh on helpless. 

I camp as a response to tbagging. Then i nod my head while revving the chainsaw. How did that tbag work out?
    I camp to kill.
    I camp cos survs will come. And they always do. No matter what rank. They think i am some baby killer.
    I camp cos its my first hook and 4 gens are done. Think i am goign to walk away at that point?
    I camp cos i know it pisses the survs off. Yes, it really gets under their skin. Great counter to tbagging.
    I camp because its fun.

I tunnel cos that is the most efficient way of getting that hook. Survs cant understand this. They are incapable of thinking.

Hence why I said “mostly” not “the only reason”. I’m aware Killers like you exist, that like to camp. For whatever their reasons. Though most don’t. That’s all.
  • TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

I think its often forgotten that camping is tactical, some times appropriate, and is a game by game decision, but more then not to a survivor any camping and you are a . If you have a sausage on the hook and the last gen just poped or the gates are open securing the kill is logical. I wouldn't say I am a good killer, but logical decisions are easy.

Yet I know salt be coming. A game that stands out to me is a smurf joined a low rank game, outplayed me pure and simple but miscalculated with a body block vs no one escapes death after the doors were open. He was the only one I hooked, but since I made sure he died he had a lot to say about how bad I was and how great he was (usual mending of hurt childish ego). Yet in this instance tactically it was the right decision.

The point here is that camping your first hook is indeed not fun really and isn't the best decision less your testing how the survives play (will they rush, will they be cautious), baiting a trap (watching for them to head toward the hook to intercept), or give it a min then gen patrol. This is suppose to be a game of mind games, and camping very much has its uses which needs to be understood and applied though smartly. Yes no one wants a chainsaw revved in your face for 3 mins. However there should be an understanding between that and tactical use of the hook.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    If they remove SWF, two things will happen. First, lobbies will be ruined as most survivors continue dodging and queueing again until they get matched with their friends. Then after they get tired of spending hours trying to get a few games in together, the game will fizzle out as survivors move on to games they can play together.

Something as simple as a blood point multiplier  would go a great length to helping killers cope with SWF. Since they have no choice but to keep SWF in the game, there’s not much point in trying to fine tune the balance. SWF destroys balance. And you
    cant give killers in game boosts based on SWF because there are too many variables. I solo queue constantly as survivor. Why should I be stuck in a match with a super killer just because the other three players are SWF? And you can’t do separate playlists either. Add a SWF only playlist and killers will just avoid it. Make SWF only available in some unranked list and they’d have to disable bloodpoints there so why would anyone play it?

Its hard to balance a 4v1 game. 
  • TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Hmm what about 2 lists, while the SWF list simply give the killer an additional perk slot or .. something which actually helps balance. Balance the two differently groups and perhaps killers would still take on the SWF group?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@EpicFailTryHard said:

That was me, a surivor isnt supposed to have a "fun game" while trolling the killer, I said that a survivor is supposed to be scared of the killer catching him, but this is clearly not the case

Personally i am about to give up on the game, bought several games on the sale and I will try them now. DBD is dead for me until they fix their core issues, namely SWF and looping vs gentime

• EpicFailTryHard
    Envees said:

@SovererignKing said:

I camp to kill.
    I camp because its fun.

just glorified trolling for bad killers and this post proves it.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    TeaLeaf said:

I think its often forgotten that camping is tactical, some times appropriate, and is a game by game decision, but more then not to a survivor any camping and you are a . If you have a sausage on the hook and the last gen just poped or the gates are open securing the kill is logical. I wouldn't say I am a good killer, but logical decisions are easy.

Yet I know salt be coming. A game that stands out to me is a smurf joined a low rank game, outplayed me pure and simple but miscalculated with a body block vs no one escapes death after the doors were open. He was the only one I hooked, but since I made sure he died he had a lot to say about how bad I was and how great he was (usual mending of hurt childish ego). Yet in this instance tactically it was the right decision.

The point here is that camping your first hook is indeed not fun really and isn't the best decision less your testing how the survives play (will they rush, will they be cautious), baiting a trap (watching for them to head toward the hook to intercept), or give it a min then gen patrol. This is suppose to be a game of mind games, and camping very much has its uses which needs to be understood and applied though smartly. Yes no one wants a chainsaw revved in your face for 3 mins. However there should be an understanding between that and tactical use of the hook.

true.  i mostly camp as a reaction to swf type antics or when the gates open as there is no better place to be.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    If they remove SWF, two things will happen. First, lobbies will be ruined as most survivors continue dodging and queueing again until they get matched with their friends. Then after they get tired of spending hours trying to get a few games in together, the game will fizzle out as survivors move on to games they can play together.

Something as simple as a blood point multiplier  would go a great length to helping killers cope with SWF. Since they have no choice but to keep SWF in the game, there’s not much point in trying to fine tune the balance. SWF destroys balance. And you
    cant give killers in game boosts based on SWF because there are too many variables. I solo queue constantly as survivor. Why should I be stuck in a match with a super killer just because the other three players are SWF? And you can’t do separate playlists either. Add a SWF only playlist and killers will just avoid it. Make SWF only available in some unranked list and they’d have to disable bloodpoints there so why would anyone play it?

Its hard to balance a 4v1 game. 

very good points.
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

Man you really like to up your post count eh?

Every thread you make is a bait.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Zavri said:

Man you really like to up your post count eh?

Every thread you make is a bait.

it could be just that to some.  to others, something to discuss.  opinions spoken aloud can be very controversial these days.  
  • Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68
    Their latest youtube Q and A showed that they're working on this. Giving some killers buffs and nerfing speed perks for survivors is a good step towards making killer scary to play against as it should be.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2018
    @Zavri

he often has entire conversations with himself when nobody responds to them. i hope someone is checking on him irl often.
  • EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    I honestly feel that a simple way to help the swf problem would be to show the killer in the lobby who is swf.  If they joined together it tags them as swf. The killer will have the choice. Do I play against them? Or should I dodge them? I think it would help and make the killer better for taking on a swf group. 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Azakura said:
    Their latest youtube Q and A showed that they're working on this. Giving some killers buffs and nerfing speed perks for survivors is a good step towards making killer scary to play against as it should be.

that is good news.  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:
    @Zavri

he often has entire conversations with himself when nobody responds to them. i hope someone is checking on him irl often.

you wouldn't know what compassion felt like, silly boy.  you're fooling no one here.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    I honestly feel that a simple way to help the swf problem would be to show the killer in the lobby who is swf.  If they joined together it tags them as swf. The killer will have the choice. Do I play against them? Or should I dodge them? I think it would help and make the killer better for taking on a swf group. 

i totally agree.  i just want a choice.  perhaps extra bp for killer would help as well.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

I love how killers so vehemently defend camping/tunneling fail to ignore the fact that it's easy to do and highly rewarding if survivors take the bait (which in the emblem system they are forced to do, despite this not actually being a team game and me having no obligation to save anyone if it won't benefit me). It really isn't necessary to kill survivors as killer to pip anymore, yet killers still get so hungry for kills they often focus on it so hard they miss clear opportunities to make actual plays than can sway the game in there favor. A lot of the best killers I've played up against take those chances, and end up slugging 3 people at once. Yea, 2 will get up as you hook one but that's all 4 survivors off of gens, then the game kinda snowballs in your favor. I have literally unhooked someone first 60 seconds of the game and THROWN myself at the killer to chase me, sometimes giving them a free hit, only for them to completely ignore me and go for the guy they just hooked (even if fully healed). It's really stupid.

I don't think SWF is the problem, rather just that survivors objectives can be done too fast. If there was some way to impose a minimum time for a game (say 5 minutes) where all 5 generators cannot be done before that so that killers have a fair chance to actually chase multiple survivors around that would solve more problems than removing SWF I think. You can have just 4 really good survivors that do 3 gens before you caught the first guy, and at this point you lose as killer and there is nothing you can do. They aren't rushing, they aren't being toxic, it's just the way the numbers work out. It's like "hey I spawned on a gen, lemme just do that until the killer comes along" times 4, so when the killer does come along there are still 3 gens being done and they can't stop it.

• EpicFailTryHard
    good points.  i think swf is a huge part of the equation due the nature of communication being as good as 10 perks or so but it will never be removed, so a moot point.  i would like to see something like two more gens.  i miss playing killer but swf keeps me away from it.
  • thesuicidefox
    edited June 2018

You can have 4 top tier survivors in your game that would be as good as most SWF groups. Communication makes a difference, yes, but SWF groups are also very altruistic which can work in the killer's favor. SWF is also an unavoidable thing on Xbox, since people can just invite each other to a party while in the lobby. They don't even need to search together or be friends to technically become an SWF. I get random party invites all the time playing solo, which I ignore because I don't want to talk to some random #########-head on this game who will probably be salty garbage anyway (these guys usually always die first).

Truth is SWF isn't going away because it's a MAJOR selling point of the game now. It's part of what makes survivor fun, playing with your friends. And they can be strong but that's again only because survivors on their own are very strong. And they won't give killers a choice because killers will end up just opting-out of SWF games all the time, making it impossible to find games.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Soren said:

Huge camp / tunnel usually happens at low ranks against new killers that feel insecure about their skills.
    OP: what is your rank?

BS I only ever see camping after rank 10 on PS4 most in full P3 gear too.
    They shouldn’t remove SWF but they should make it so that the killers can choose to take part in a SWF match 
  • TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    ITS all well and good what you’re saying and I do agree but you’ve hardly ranked high enough as either killer or survivor to justify what you’re saying entirely.
    ive been Rank 1 killer and 4 survivor and it becomes a true chore as killer at Rank 1 and an absolute walk in the park as a similarly low ranked survivor.
    im currently a 13 killer and I’m still managing 2-3 kills a game which they say is their average yet I feel the average per game should be 3-4 kills.
    its demoralising to not get two kills that means you only got 50% of the people playing against you and to me that’s not a good game a thing all
    a 3k is good, a 2k or 1k are just awful.
  • thesuicidefox

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    ITS all well and good what you’re saying and I do agree but you’ve hardly ranked high enough as either killer or survivor to justify what you’re saying entirely.
    ive been Rank 1 killer and 4 survivor and it becomes a true chore as killer at Rank 1 and an absolute walk in the park as a similarly low ranked survivor.
    im currently a 13 killer and I’m still managing 2-3 kills a game which they say is their average yet I feel the average per game should be 3-4 kills.
    its demoralising to not get two kills that means you only got 50% of the people playing against you and to me that’s not a good game a thing all
    a 3k is good, a 2k or 1k are just awful.

Emblems were made so you don't have to focus on kills. This is the problem with killer mentality, just like the problem with survivor mentality is they think they should escape. That's the ultimate results of your actions if you succeed, but it's not necessarily your goal in terms of ranking up.

Also I've been rank 1 survivor and I've seen PLENTY of camping/tunneling killers at high ranks. Nay, all ranks. It comes down to the killer's lust for kills. Killers that do not focus entirely on a particular kill usually end up being the better killers. They chase everyone, keep us all healing or off gens, constantly have someone hooked, and will gladly take any chance you give them to catch you. I've also had games against killers where I unhook someone, heal them, then let the killer get a free hit on ME so this guy can get away, only to have the killer just let me go and go after the guy I just saved. These killers are the ones that end up losing 3 or 4 kills because they don't take opportunities when they come. They just really want that one guy, but end up losing him near the end and then everyone escapes and they cry foul.

Also the only thing I would consider a "walk in the park" as survivor at rank 1 is that I know I'm with other rank 1 survivors so I know that they know what to do. I know if I'm getting chase, they are all on gens. I know if I get hooked that someone will come get me when they see another survivor get chased or after they finish their gen. And I know if push comes to shove, they will be selfish and leave me to my own fate (hence why if there are 2 people left and I get slugged I DO NOT crawl to the last guy because that's how you both get killed for sure). When rank resets and I'm with rank 20's and stuff, I can't rely on other for anything. Literally I had a game last night where I did 4 gens by myself, opened a gate, and had 3 unhooks (out of 5 hooks). I was the only one to escape (it was a Pig the last guy almost got out through the hatch with RBT on). But rank 1 killers are no jokes, they will catch you and kill you very fast. I've been in games against a rank 1 killer with rank 20 survs and the game is literally over in 2 minutes, and I'm just standing there watching everyone getting hook with 5 gens to do wondering what I can do to keep a safety. I also have had plenty of rank 1 only games where the killer gets a 4k, usually because we made some critical mistake like trying to make a yolo save in the basement, or leaving 3 gens too close together, but also sometimes just because the killer was very fast at catching us that we couldn't really do gens that fast.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Camping and Tunneling doesn't exist, because the games inbalancer or SWF. It exists because the core game mechanics encourage them:
    When a survivor is hooked, they become a point of interest for all the others. One with a timer attached, that brings a lot of points. It comes natural to use them as bait. Besides that, hooks can be quite close to other Points of Interests, which allows the killer to defend them as well. Of course that might cause a rescue, but you can still tunnel them or slow the game down for your favor protecting important gens or totems as well.

Tunneling on the other hand comes from the nature that this games is about elimination. And getting rid off one player of the opponent team fast, while they are still quite vulnerable, helps snowballing the game in your favor.

I'm not a fan of it. But I understand, when people go with it. And yes, I know it can be contered and doesn't work against survivors rushing gens etc. But that works against every killer strategy. Those two points aren't directly related of Killer choosing this playstyle. It might be, if other playstyles got easier, that it happens more rarely. But just because they might find it boring and not because they got harder to do than other stuff.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:
    @Zavri

you don't see me speaking to people in here?  ah, i forgot.  you're kind of....special.