The Shape.

Options
I don’t know about you guys.. but Michael Myers- is SO OVERPOWERED. When he activates his Evil Within power, he gains an extreme amount of speed. I understand that that’s his ability but I think the speed he gains is a bit much :/ he can already down you instantly with one hit, is the crazy speed increase really necessary? (I don’t have him as a killer but I often go against him and it’s reallyyyyyy overwhelming. Anybody else agree?

Comments

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

well i see it as before he gets to level 3 he really is slow, having to keep stopping to do his power, then start stalking and moving, survivors can of done 2/3 gens sometimes.....when he gets to level 3, when i go against him, i wait until it drops back down to do a save etc if i can, if not your all down....when i am playing him it feels fair enough just due to all the work i do before even getting there....

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

just hide when he hits level 3 or keep out his way....i see it from both sides but personally i don't think he is over powered, he does take work to even get to were he is, yes add ons can help....but there is always a way to get around a killer and play them at their own abilities *s

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

He doesn't get any speed in tier 3 are u styoopid?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

michael myers in tier one is extremely slow. i dont have the exact number, but id say he is around 108% movement speed, which is basically nothing. he also has a decreased lunge attack.
    once he tiers up into tier two though, he will be set into the normal 115% movement speed and given back the normal M1 attack. he also benefits from a smaller terror radius in that state.
    when he pops tier 3 though, his movement speed does not change. however, his attacks deal more damage and his lunge attack is increased, together with his vaulting speed. he has the normal 32m terror radius during evil within 3.

TL;DR his movement speed between evil within tier 2 and tier 3 does not change.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I think he's fine and can be a lot of fun to face.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

He moves extremly slow in Tier 1 and in Tier 2 and 3 he moves at the same speed as Trapper or any basic Killer does. He just vaults faster and has further lunge in Tier 3. But that's not the Killers fault if you don't know how to counter it.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

Reasons he's not:
    1: Tier 1 he's incredibly slow and is almost as slow as a survivor, lacking early game presence and he can struggle to find survivors quickly as a result
    2: His power takes time to charge up, that combined with him being slow at the start almost requires you to have Ruin, which is kind of a dice roll whether or not it's useful
    3: His power doesn't make him any faster than a 115% ms killer. It just may appear that way because he's super slow at the beginning
    4: Like Huntress, it's fairly easy to break line of sight with him and a few map are horrible for him just as they are for her
    5: His tombstone addons add a lot of charge time to his power, making it easier for survivors to do gens early on, and can cause the game to fall out of his hands quickly. They also have hindering side effects (tombstone piece drains your EW bar fully after executing someone, you lose a crapload of movement speed with full tombstone)

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

When I get asked who is the most frightening and lethal Killer, I always say Myers. He's dangerous, but he's not OP, it all depends on who's playing him.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

The only OP killer is Nurse, if used correctly

• laplace
    laplace Member Posts: 36
    Options

What bugs me about The Shape is one thing: Why does he groan when he gets hit? Never once in the entire Halloween series has Michael Myers ever groaned in pain. He always took the hits like a champ. Gunshots, stabs, getting run over, falling off balconies. Anything you threw at him he tanked like a beast. But somehow in this game when a pallet falls on him or a survivor escapes his grip he screams. This definitely needs to get patched in the new update. They should make him not scream when he gets hit.

• Crackgear
    Crackgear Member Posts: 279
    Options
    laplace said:

What bugs me about The Shape is one thing: Why does he groan when he gets hit? Never once in the entire Halloween series has Michael Myers ever groaned in pain. He always took the hits like a champ. Gunshots, stabs, getting run over, falling off balconies. Anything you threw at him he tanked like a beast. But somehow in this game when a pallet falls on him or a survivor escapes his grip he screams. This definitely needs to get patched in the new update. They should make him not scream when he gets hit.

He is not screaming , he does moan ...like Ohh when he was stabbed by Laurie in the Original Halloween movie . it just sounds like when playing Killer because you are the killer  just like how IRL you talk , you sound loud , but , your soft to others.
  • captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2019
    Options

We've got shirtless David. It's time for shirtless Myers.

(Credit to Chattywindow on Reddit for making this a thing!)

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@earrastia3 said:
    I don’t know about you guys.. but Michael Myers- is SO OVERPOWERED. When he activates his Evil Within power, he gains an extreme amount of speed. I understand that that’s his ability but I think the speed he gains is a bit much :/ he can already down you instantly with one hit, is the crazy speed increase really necessary? (I don’t have him as a killer but I often go against him and it’s reallyyyyyy overwhelming. Anybody else agree?

Get your facts straight.

His speed does NOT increase when he enters Evil Within III.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@earrastia3 said:

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Not sure if Bait or just bad at the game

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@laplace said:

Whoever did that Myers groan in the game deserves a promotion. I swear, best thing about the game for me.

• laplace
    laplace Member Posts: 36
    Options

He is not screaming , he does moan ...like Ohh when he was stabbed by Laurie in the Original Halloween movie . it just sounds like when playing Killer because you are the killer  just like how IRL you talk , you sound loud , but , your soft to others.

He didn't moan when she stabbed his eye, he was making those weird moaning sounds before she even stabbed him. It was sort of like he was frustrated he couldn't reach her or something. If you watch the scene it shows he didn't moan to her stabbing his eye or his chest with that knife. Hell even when the doctor shows up and shoots him multiple times he was still silent.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Options
    I main Myers and I do think he is a very strong killer BUT it is all based on add ins and how well you can mind game. If you have a group of good survivors they can counter him with some half decent coordination. I get a 3k or 4k game everytime I use him but playing against him as survivor I know his tactics and how to avoid him. I highly suggest, to all survivors having issues playing against certain killers, playing those killers for a bit to understand their strengths and weaknesses. Know your enemy and how to counter them.