The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tournament killer performance

Markness
Markness Member Posts: 242

How many sacrifices did the killers get when they were not playing nurse? Serious question here, it seems like when there is money on the line for some odd reason people choose not to play the wraith and hag

Comments

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163

I only watched the very last match and it was Nurse vs 4x P3 Claudette's, I was not surprised in the slightest.
    Were any killers besides Nurse/Billy used in the tournament at all?

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Easylife said:
    I only watched the very last match and it was Nurse vs 4x P3 Claudette's, I was not surprised in the slightest.

There was one Trapper, The Entity's Left Hand. The weapon he uses is a reference to one of his catch sentances ("Pay Attention"). He got recked pretty hard, because you know, naked Trapper.

I don't know about others.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Trapper and Myers were used once each and got 0 kills.
    Huntress was used twice. One got 4 kills and the other 1 kill (only because the survivors stayed to mess around after gens had been done)
    Billy was used twice, can't remember how it went for those.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

There was a Leather daddy too. Think he got 1 kill?

No killer other then nurse made it to the 2nd round at any rate.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Soren said:

@Easylife said:

There was one Trapper, The Entity's Left Hand. The weapon he uses is a reference to one of his catch sentances ("Pay Attention"). He got recked pretty hard, because you know, naked Trapper.

He only plays trapper because he is a trapper roleplay streamer, so you cant really count him when it comes to the "nurse only thing" :wink:

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29

@Markness said:
    How many sacrifices did the killers get when they were not playing nurse? Serious question here, it seems like when there is money on the line for some odd reason people choose not to play the wraith and hag

The ONLY points considered was "Esacape" or "Kill" that's why.

No other killer (As shown) is viable at top ranks.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    ZappyBoi said:

@Markness said:

The ONLY points considered was "Esacape" or "Kill" that's why.

No other killer (As shown) is viable at top ranks.

in this game, kills and escapes are just scoring events, so if the score wasnt a factor, then the whole thing was dogshit from the beginning.
  • Autoliny
    Autoliny Member Posts: 76

@Master said:

@Soren said:

@Easylife said:

He only plays trapper because he is a trapper roleplay streamer, so you cant really count him when it comes to the "nurse only thing" :wink:

Actually Lefty played the huntress too, and was pretty scary with her, but yes Lefty is a Trapper main, and is godly on him. But Trapper without perks having to try and apply pressure on that map, where you start on opposite sides of the map will always be GG 95% of the time.
    Nurse is a common pick because she's bypasses everything, yes she has a high skill cap, but a perkless nurse compared to perkless survivors in a small map.
    I wanted nurse banned from the tournament because she's disgusting to play against, and when money is involved it's even worse to play against these mains.

For most of the tournament it looked like a replay claudettes vs nurses, props to all those that played other Killers, you guys although failed made it a little more bearable.

Nurse 75% of the time has questionable hits, factor lag into that creates a ######### show.

• MonsieurGary
    MonsieurGary Member Posts: 31

There was also one Leatherface, which I don't understand since he is just a weaker Billy

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I saw a Billy : 1 kill by camping when exit gates were opened
    I saw a Huntress : 1 kill by camping when exit gates were opened
    I saw a LF: 1 kill by camping when exit gates were opened
    Then I only saw Nurses.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Soren

Lefty got recked? damn. that sucks. hes one entertaining mother ******.... /rejoice....

• deadwolfwalking

@Runiver

nurses are all i ever see in tournaments. i tried to take my billy in one and got beaten senseless. but i'm not a rank 1 billy. i'm a solid rank 9 though.... i was surprised how poorly i did....

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @Runiver

nurses are all i ever see in tournaments. i tried to take my billy in one and got beaten senseless. but i'm not a rank 1 billy. i'm a solid rank 9 though.... i was surprised how poorly i did....

You put in a good effort dude. It just goes to show how decent/coordinated survivors dominate even "top tier" killers.

• deadwolfwalking

@Markness said:

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @Runiver

You put in a good effort dude. It just goes to show how decent/coordinated survivors dominate even "top tier" killers.

well. as i said, i'm not a ranlk 1 killer. nor did i run Ruin (which seems to be a baseline in the current perk list. along with BBQ and Chili which i also don't run. its a great perk but on billy, its just too much).... i was even ripped apart by my own team for my choice of killer and perks. 'everybody knows to bring a nurse and everybody knows to run Ruin and BBQ and Chili in a tournament'.... its shocking to me that a tournament designed to showcase the effectiveness of an individuals playstyle is rendered useless by simply not conforming to a designated playstyle. lol. how ridiculous is that??? .... i'm not surprised that i didn't win. as i said, i'm not top rank. but i felt confident in my ability to apply map pressure. yet i was completely helpless against the gen rush strategy and repremanded for being an 'individual'.... this is not the game i wish to play in a tournament type scenario. i enjoy the game overall. but tournament play is too restrictive just because of the basic mechanics of the game itself....

• Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

Depip squad have already proven that it doesn't matter what killer, what perks, naked survivors who don't make mistakes will win vs. fully kitted out killers 90% of the time. The fact that all top players used nurse in this tournament should be a giant wake up call for bhvr to fix this. It was really refreshing to see it mixed up on console, just because nurse isn't easy to play with a controller.