Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we talk about Haddonfield

This map is riddled with god pallets and many windows that chain into other windows that make it impossible to catch up with any killer that sucks with movement speed.

Those were some of the cons for killer, hook spawns are stupid. It can result in either two survivors being right beside each other on hook resulting in the worst camping situation and getting a 3 gen is so easy.

With the hook spawns it is also terrible for killer as the hooks are either really close together or extremely far apart.

And while the map is not that large it feels extremely large due to the second floors of the houses

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited September 2022

there is one god pallet that I can remember... and that building does not even spawn all the time correct? most other pallets don't have to be broken.

its not old Haddonfield that's for sure

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

Just do a 3 gen on the main building side and you eill never lose a match again on that map.

• BonDBD
    BonDBD Member Posts: 21

what is there really to talk about, it's just a bad map.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855

I'm just sad they removed the hole in the wall on the 2nd floor leading to the playground area.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

I don't know man, there's always a strong 3 gen on basically a dead zone (around main building). I think that if you're able to protect that area it shouldn't be difficult to win

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Very strong buildings that chain into other buildings/tiles yet teammates simply don't have the brain to loop the buildings before wasting the few pallets. Also guaranteed gen inside laurie's & outside the front with another behind or in the deadzone nearby.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

God pallets? Are you playing the right haddonfield?

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409

I've been playing since 2016

I would gladly come back to old haddonfiled if you don't like this version

So I can outrun killer even more

Make your choice

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

He heard Otzdarva call something challenging to mindgame a god pallet now he’s doing it too.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

As survivor, the map feels terrible as well. It is so easy to deadzone yourself there, and if you don't know the houses by heart you'll most likely get hit as you're looking for somewhere to vault.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 616
    • There shouldn't be three windows on the ground floor of any house.
    • There shouldn't be three pallets at the new "house of pain."
    • There ought to be a bit more cover on the street.

That's it, really

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Pretty unfun map to play for both sides. It used to be bad only for killer and after the rework they made it bad for both sides, balanced I guess.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

Survivor sided map still after the rework

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 638
    edited September 2022

Near the main building with the killer's basement, you have another small white building with 3 stairs below. In the main entrance & depending of the RNG, you can have sometimes a god pallet. Same thing in the basement of this house, behind one of the stairs, you can have another god pallet... if you are a 'Windows of Opportunity' (or 'Zenchin Tactics') user, you can't miss them.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 991

The second floors of the houses are absolutely pointless apart from the ONE house that has a 2F generator. There is literally no reason to go upstairs in any of the other ones. No gens, no chests and as far as I've seen no totems. I honestly don't know why they bothered.

I really don't like new Haddonfield. I appreciate old haddonfield was survivor sided but aesthetically and in terms of variety of map design it was far superior than the new one. I

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Dead zone in middle of map, decent structures on outside of the map. I suppose it's a cool twist on the usual map design, but it still feels pretty killer sided. Don't really see where all the complaints are coming from, especially with all the buildings being nerfed into the ground, the open field sightlines removing the only counterplay to killers like nurse and trickster, and there only being like 7 pallets on the whole map.

Still technically an improvement over the original haddonfield. Killers deserved a W for having to put up with that map, even if I don't think it was as bad after the fence nerf.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

1 of the worst Map in the Game 99% Suurvivor Sided when the Survivor doesnt Play whit closed Eye u mostly going to lose becasue the Palets and Windows are to strong and Survivor can See u from everywhere