Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

God, the voicelines for a Predator chapter would be amazing!

"You're hit! You're bleeding, man!" "I ain't got time to bleed."

"This stuff will make you a God damn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me." 😏

"There's something out there waiting for us . . . and it ain't no man."

"GET TO THE CHOPPA!"

"You're one ugly mother #########."

*Billy laugh*

And of course, If Dillon loads in, Dutch says, "Dillon! You son of a #########!"

Can you imagine being in a lobby when a legendary Blane skin loads in and he says, "This stuff will make you a God damn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!" Arnold's already there, flexing, maybe puffing on his cigar. Meg loads in and he says, "You're one ugly mother #########." Then right at the moment the countdown gets locked, he screams, "GET TO THE CHOPPA!"

Comments

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

I don't know if a full predator chapter would work, the power would be treading on Wraith's toes quite a lot. Not much else you can add besides his blaster (not another ranged killer thanks) and his heat vision (just wallhacks, we've seen it before.) I think legendary skins might be better - Arnold for David, Predator for Wraith.

They'd have to switch some animations and models around for Predator, such as replacing his axe with the wrist blades and replacing the bell with his cloak device, but that aside it's a perfect fit power wise. Even with the loud uncloaking/decloaking, the blurry heat haze body, the croaking and rasping, etcetera.

I just don't see why killer power skins can't work. Killer powers work like items that the killer holds, such as hillbilly's chainsaw and nurse's "blinker", as we've seen from hackers swapping out killer powers. Multiple variants of items exist for survivors, so the basic principle is there. Surely it wouldn't be impossible to create a new "power item", duplicate all the basic code from wraith's bell in terms of functionality, adjust it to play different animations and sounds for the cloak device, and cause that power item to be swapped in when you play with the predator skin?

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

I've worried about the similarities between Predator's cloaking and Wraith's. But to be honest, I'm not really a fan of Wraith so I don't care too much about treading on his toes. Huntress doesn't bother me, so I'm okay with another ranged Killer. Powers do sometimes overlap in similarities (like how Mikey and Ghostface both stalk for insta-downs). Ultimately, if the devs could design him well, I'd love to have a Predator chapter. Would they? Ehhhhhh . . . not sure. Lots to consider, as you said.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,477

I mean I think they could make him a kind of hybrid of a stealth, ranged and trapping killer. Maybe have him set up traps that if a Survivor steps on, instead of having to go over to it he can shoot them with his blaster. These traps could imitate certain things as well, obvious one being an injured Survivor. As for his cloak or heat vision, maybe he can set up traps while cloaked, or maybe only have heat vision while cloaked.

There is so much they could do with Predator, and BHVR is usually pretty creative when it comes to these kind of things. He'd be a perfect fit

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

I had an idea,albeit either incredibly OP or incredibly clunky/redundant.

Predator - TR|32m|MS|4.6|Can get weapons laid out throughout the map and has 2 innate attributes.

Passive: Thermal vision- if he hasn't gotten into a chase 15s,his thermal Vision activates and let's him see pools of blood brightly and instead of scratch marks,he sees actual footsteps left behind for 7s,the footsteps will be colorized depending on how fresh they are (Blue means theyre old,orange means theyre fresh) (Wall hacks were not a thing until predators 2010 for them)

Secondary passive: Cloaking system,The predator has an energy meter that he has to manage. This meter let's him use certain weapons and is tied to his cloaking. If it runs out completely,he will need to find a charge station that takes 5s to recharge but survivors can sabotage them to take 15s(This is an AVP 2010 refernce). Additionally,his cloaking isn't as strong as wraiths,his TR will be concealed until he's within 12 meters [can be tampered with using M&A etc]

[Additionally,cloaking drains energy by 2.5% per second]

Weapons~

Main weapon - Wrist blades

Smart disc - Can bounce off walls with a trajectory line available to see where it'd bounce off,takes off 1 health state but if you miss it,it's gone for 20-35s. If hit,it returns right back on a 12s cooldown.

Plasma caster - Auto Targetting projectiles that removes a health state but cannot target the same survivor for 9s. Additionally the survivors are alerted when they're targeted by the signature 3 dotted laser. Drains energy by 30-50% per shot. Is discarded once energy is used up.

Net trap - The predator can set a trap that when activated,springs a net over a survivors. This severely limits their mobility while ensared,inflicts deep wound if not assisted out of. (In the film this was featured,it would be a instakill and no one can help you. Here,if you were assisted,you'd get off Scott free)

Some interesting interactions:

Flashlights: if the predator is blinded,his plasma casters targeting system is no longer reliable until the next one he gets. By this,I mean accuracy is reduced by 35% and the laser sights are gone.

Camping foresight: Net traps are not allowed within 10 meters of a hook,If the predator is too close to the hooked survivor,his plasma caster is locked as well until unhook or the other survivor has been too close for 20s already. Cloaking doesn't activate if within 24 meters of a hooked survivor.

Blast mine: You can blast mine trap recharge areas for the predator,although this is just if you're looking to have some harmless fun.

• AshInTheTallGrass

When I had to complete the "blind the Killer" rift challenge, Blast Mine was my way to do it. And I was definitely like Arnold trying to bait the Killer to come. Instead of screaming, "I'm here! Come on! Kill me now!" It was "I fast vaulted out of this locker! Maybe it's a blown skill check?!?! Could be something worth your attention! Come on, come check it out!" hahaha

DBD really is a game of Predator, if you think about it.

• AshInTheTallGrass

There's certainly a lot to work with here. Lots of different options and some cool ideas to explore. πŸ‘

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

I chose to do more basic things,reality is that predator has MANY things that can make him great for dbd. These are just some of the most balanced and yet very strong things I can come up with

I had wanted to mess with the idea of a voice/sound system for an iri or purple addon that replaces thermal vision and gives you a side bar,the more wild the sound waves,the closer you are.

Just some stuff too,I did play alien vs predator a lot and watched all the films. I honestly want him in just so we can break barriers and pave ways for more creative and strong killers.