Question for survivors

Options

When a killer gives up and stands in a corner why wont you just finish the gens and leave

Comments

• whampyri
    whampyri Member Posts: 68
    Options
  • whampyri
    Options
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,094
    Options

I do

Hell, chances are I never even noticed the killer gave up. I might sit on the gen wondering how the killer is doing so badly that they don't even have someone injured all this time but if the killer has given up, I'll get ish done ASAP and leave because if you're quitting, I don't want to be in that trial any more than you do at that point. I'm here to play the game and a game with no killer isn't playing the game.

• whampyri
    Options

I have people come find me and click flashlights at me

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

That could easily be avoided by allowing the killer to open the gates after 4-5 minutes into the match regardless of the gen state.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I am not doing that tho. Except against toxic killers. If you tried hard tunnel me and you failed, then i will not be nice you either.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,598
    Options

The one match I actually did go AFK on because I was doing so poorly, they definitely didn't leave.

Macro clicking for like twenty minutes. I went to go eat lunch and they were still at it when I came back. I hope someone else was able to humble them because perkless Wesker was not.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

I'll try and offer the killer a free kill on me (after I do the gens and all that) because I feel bad. If they clearly aren't having it, I'll leave. Some take me up on the offer, some slash in the direction of the door, and I just go with how they instruct me at that point. I almost always play to win against good killers, but I don't play to bully killers clearly having a bad time.

• basblater
    basblater Member Posts: 20
    Options

I’ve personally never seen a killer give up. But the answer to your question is to either be toxic or get BP. Or both.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,691
    Options

At that point, I feel bad and want to see if the killer wants hooks. If they won't respond, then I'll leave.

• whampyri
    Options

Yeah but the difference is probably I have high blood pressure and if it didn't turn out good it wouldn't be good for my heart

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

I sometimes wish the entity would come and kill us all if there was no progress.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

No? Does the game revolve around survivor fun because they can give up on hook? That does not even make sense, fam. The game is supposed to be fun for everyone regardless of role. He just wants a forfeit option, which I personally feel would be healthy for the game. After 10 minutes have progressed and available to everyone in the lobby, not just the killer. Survivors get held hostage too.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 566
    Options

I want bloodpoints and an afk killer isn't giving me optimal bp. or a tome challenge. sometimes I just want to practice moonwalking

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    Options

Then you should not be playing DBD in the first place. If the game is not good for you, dont play it.

Personally, I would also not have given up with 2 Gens done. The early Gens dont matter, what matters is that they dont get 5 Gens done. Usually the speed of Generators slows down a lot after the first 1,2 or even 3 Gens, unless the Killer is not able to pressure the Survivors at all.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited September 2022
    Options

Because I have to make sure there's no corn in their pockets

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 150
    Options

Because I'm a loot goblin who loves chests.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

For me, if the killer goes AFK all I'm gonna do is hope they AFK near a locker so I can spam it to max out on boldness points and then I'll leave or stay to give them a kill, depending on who the killer was and how the match went until they afk

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Noone on both sides is allowed to give up, going afk in a corner is acceptable if you have irl emergencies and in that case if survivors don't leave its not gonna be an issue.

If you think that you might give up for any given reason you don't like play another game. In 8k hrs i never gave up for any reason even against cheaters that perma blinded me, giving up is a weak mindset so blaming others is not the solution.

• lagosta
    Options

It already does. If the killer DCs, that match is over.

Giving them the possibility of opening the games after 5 minutes would give them a stimulus to stay in the match and fight to turn the game around before giving it up as a whole.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

So if a survivor DC's, it's completely fine and the survivors should just learn to have fun?

• lagosta
    Options

That's not the topic of this thread. I just gave a suggestion for an in-game mechanic that would stimulate killers like OP stay in the match and try to turn it around regardless of a bad start. We can brainstorm something that would help survivors too, feel free to open the a new thread and we can take it from there.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Doesn't work well with some killers. Myers, Wraith, Pig. Particularly if they have Lightborn on.

Weirdly enough I've come across a few Pinheads lately that were afk. Solving the puzzle box gives decent points, especially if you exit with it at the end. Those killers had attack macros running, so we could take turns getting hit and healing each other up. Could run in front of them then away to get chase/escape points. One Wesker was doing it too. All survivors walked out with iri emblems. Was some of the best solo queue trials I've seen in a long time (and THE best Wesker trial).

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201
    Options

Because I don't want to depip/get barely any bp just because the killer's a sore loser. Killers afk in a corner are no better than survivors who dc/suicide on hook but I guess the forums aren't ready for that conversation.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Imagine all endgame builds shining when there's free endgame whenever killer wants it. Yeah, after 5 minutes, but you definitely can play around that, choose the right time when all survivors can turn the game in their favour (or time when all survivors are more vulnerable) and use that.

Sounds pretty interesting but... well. Abusable.

Then there need to be special condition checking to be sure it is a surrender option and not a new gameplay aspect to play around, plus good time balance where you don't need to wait forever while survivors are torture you but don't have this option immediately right after start. And teach players to use that if they want. And then it's too complicated thing to implement. Boom, pure reason for bhvt to not implement that.

But I'd like to see new gameplay aspects in DBD.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

pipping against certain killers in general is super difficult anyway with how certain emblems work. - But that's kinda besides the point. If possible do whatever you can to avoid depipping with an afk killer.

The hit-makro-killers are lowering their MMR, often to "smurf" later (can you call it smurfing if you do it on your main account? idk. - But making it so that you go against players way below your own skill level).

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

I leave as quickly as possible. Maybe open a box or a cleanse a totem for some BP, but I've been in those shoes as a Killer myself, so I try my best to be considerate.

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 161
    Options

I'm trying to get some more points (totems, chests) before I leave. But I don't go to the killer and click on him with flashlights or anything like that.

I'm more of a casual player and I know how it feels to get stomped on both sides, it also happens to me as a survivor every time I play, not oly as killer. Sometimes I feel like DBD just isn't for the casuals who don't want to spend all their free time learning to play like a god.

If you are really at a point where you want to give up in a trial, then open your browser or your phone and surf the internet/watch videos/listen to music. That's what I do as a killer when I've run out of motivation to keep playing, but also don't feel like staring at the screen until the survivors are done.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

I don't like de-pipping just because the killer chooses not to play anymore. I will often finish the gens, cleanse a couple totems, open a chest, and hang out in the terror radius for a minute or two for the boldness points and then leave. Alas, I never face afk killers. Haven't seen one in about 7 months

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Cause Totems need cleansing... IDC if Boons are being used