Blast mine doesn't count as stunning the killer

Chaoseti
Chaoseti Member Posts: 13
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match attempting to complete "back off!" challenege

Step 3: Equip Blast Mine as a perk

Step 4 : In-game, install Blast Mine 3 times.

Step 5: Killer kicks gen 3 times activating Blast Mine.

Step 4 : The game does not register the stuns from Blast Mine as a killer stun.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Character played: Jeff Johanson
  • Perks played: Inner Healing, Kindred, Distortion, Blast Mine
  • Map: Gideon Meat Plant
  • Frequency of the issue: Everytime I have tried to use Blast Mine as part of a stunning the killer challenge. I have also tried to use Blast Mine for a blind the killer challenge and it hasn't registered either.
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Chaoseti
    edited September 2022

Original post wouldnt allow me to attach things?

• Firethorn
    Firethorn Member Posts: 31

I think this is "as designed", in that blinds - like flashlight blinds, don't count as stuns. They're blinds instead. Stuns are things like pallet drops, head on, and survivor escapes(which does count as a stun if you do it with a flashlight to a killer carrying a survivor).

I had the same thing, but later when the challenge was blinding people, it counted.

• Chaoseti

@Firethorn That would be fine if the perk didn't specifically state first and foremost that the perk stuns the killer. If the challenge is working as intended then it should be more specific about what kind of stuns it wants.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    edited September 2022

You have to stun killer four times, you know. In one trial. There's no progress if you stun killer 3 times only, because then challenge is failed. You need all four in one run.

Blast mine does count as stun. I used pallets only 3 times and 1 time it was blast mine, and it worked, the challenge was marked as completed.