Now that Lethal Persuer is strong, please consider taking Distortion 🙏

Options
PyramidFootLicker
PyramidFootLicker Member Posts: 106
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

I mean if you're confident about your chases then hell yeah power to you but playing solo queue I see many people getting screwed over by lethal, so much so that even when I play with a friend who's streaming they think a killer is sniping them or friends are confused on how killers can find them almost instantly because the killer has like a bunch of aura revealing addons and perks stacked with Lethal.

Comments

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Or just reduce the duration of lethal pursuer by 1 second

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

Honestly I'm fine with either. Don't have a problem with LP at 11 seconds but also don't have an issue if it becomes 10 in case 11 seconds of no scratch marks is a bit much.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

i prefer running aura and chase perks than slowdowns and you're RUINING it by running 1 perk >:(

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Distortion still feels like a waste of perk slot.

I know it's impactful against Nurse, Blight, Huntress using aura perks but I haven't got single value from most killers, including Wesker.

BBQ change somehow affected and it doesn't prevent Legion's Frenzy instinct or Artist's crows when you get swarmed.

And I don't mind Lethal Pursuer honestly, unless someone is hiding in corner of map or huge deadzone.

Nurse might be exception but what can I say about perks when it is not the main issue.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

Distortion is strictly for Auras and things like Legion Frenzy isn't an aura its Killer Instinct

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

I know. Just one of reasons why I don't think Distortion is worth it.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,135
    Options

Once I got Jeff I tried distortion ....and haven't taken it off since. Lethal is at this point omnipresent - aura reading in general is. Maybe one in ten matches I don't get any value from it. The top aura reading perks I see being Lethal, BBQ, All ears and Floods of Rage. Also the Aura reading add-ons various killers have are pretty popular too. I also don't really get the two stacks lost at the beginning of a match.

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 150
    Options

Distortion is something I always have a slot for as it provides a lot of information while allowing me to play relaxed.

It's something I always get value out of, and as more aura perks are added to the game it will only get stronger.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited September 2022
    Options

Its pretty easy to save the perk slot if you just run straight to the nearest strong loop once you spawn, then wait a few seconds and scope out the area for gens and defenses. Then if you don't hear the TR right away, go back to your regularly scheduled m1 simulator.

Rinse and repeat with each additional aura perk getting two death-defying seconds, i guess.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Distortion is actually so good now that you can actually get tokens on it - It's genuinely won me many games because I've been able to figure out exactly what perks the killer has. I've been running it since it got buffed and it's almost a mandatory perk for me now. If the killer has no aura reading perks and no tokens get used that's still info for me on what perks the killer has and it tells me what I can and can't do so I don't give extra info to killer.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

I sometimes run it with darkness revealed but even with the buff idk if it's worth a perk slot(or two if you want it to last longer than the first ten seconds of the game).

You load in as killer. You look at the opposite end of the map.

There is a survivor there!

I just don't get the appeal atm, maybe later I'll try to work it into an aura build or something....

• PyramidFootLicker
    Options

Lowkey didn't know it noms through two tokens but at least you can get them back when you're in the killer's terror radius. Been getting a lot of Wesker games so capping at max tokens has been easy after depleting them.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

I just start the match by walking, not running, to keep the killer guessing if i have Sprint Burst or not lol plenty of Lethal players for sure but I haven't been the Chosen One in awhile. Could be coincidence.

• PyramidFootLicker
    Options

This!!! Especially when you're up against an aura reading plague or want to escape Meyers or are almost done with gens and the killer has bbq. Honestly the perk also has a counter of it only getting value when you're lucky enough to have teammates who split up and don't follow you everywhere.

When i spawn ingame and notice the killer has lethal and seconds afterwards see a teammate run toward me I die a little inside because I can't yell at them to stay away from me 🥲

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

Actually you don't lose two tokens. I thought so myself, but when using it and facing a killer with lethal, I still only lost one token. Maybe it's worded poorly, and just the removed scratchmarks part has the 10 seconds. Or lethal + distortion interaction is bugged. Or I'm hallucinating ...

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,135
    Options

Or they insist on healing you, following you around when you know the killer can see their aura, leading them straight back to you T-T

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    edited September 2022
    Options

You forgor that you regenerate your tokens in TR even in chase.

Post edited by 6yXJI0 on
  • GoodBoyKaru
    Options

I used it and lost 2, so unless they bugged it or buffed it since 6.1.0 when I tried it out then I'll stick away

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

That's great! Alternatively I could use COH/OTR/BT/Reassurance and give not only massive value to myself but my entire team consistently instead of one perk that I bring to counter another perk that seems far more prevalent on NA than EU.

• Nazzzak
    Options

They might have only had Tier 1 or 2 Lethal. I'm pretty sure Tier 3 is the only one that extends it beyond 10 seconds

• CaulDrohn
    Options

I feel they changed something when they added the new auditory notification that a token is spent. That was after 6.1, I think.

But I really feel we would have to test it out in KYF.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Purple distortion uses only one token for Lethal, that's for sure. Maybe I was lucky enough to get non purple lethals but in all lethal games my distortion looses one token only. I should check this later, everyone talks about losing two stacks but... No? Didn't even noticed that downside if it's true? Pretty sure it's not true, tho, it's one token for lethal.

Nevertheless, (for me) it's useful for some solo challenges when you intentionally get value playing stealthy, but most of the times it's just an info perk (again: for me). Most of the times I either don't care so much about those aura readings or I can identify the perks without distortion and avoid aura readings (or face consequences) without using perk slot. Sometimes it's even useless because certain perks and certain builds drain tokens too fast. Okay, there's undying, let me take out all those tokens just through running across the map in searching for potential Devour Hope. Or it's too OP because you're in SWF and can share info about perks with confidence.

It has its value but not enough for me. Other perks can't hide your aura but can help you with consequences and (unlike distortion) are helpful even if there are no aura reading involved.

The only REALLY fun part of Distortion is it tests my knowledges: your token was eating, now identify which perk/addon it was. I can identify perks by killer behaviour, but identifying perks/addons by potential activation conditions is much harder and entertaining.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

3 of those perks become obsolete the moment you get a non camping/tunneling killer. And Lethal Pursuer is not the only perk that shows auras. You would never know if killer was using Darkness Revealed or Floods of Rage.

• Nazzzak
    Options

Tier 3 Distortion hides your aura for 10 seconds, while Tier 3 Lethal reveals it for 11 seconds (used to be 9 seconds but the perk rework added an additional 2 seconds).

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

BT and OTR can and are used offensively plenty. Also I'm cool with not knowing if the killer is using either of those two perks, though you can get a pretty good idea of the latter if they're using scourge hooks and the former if they're checking lockers between chases fairly frequently. At the end of the day no survivor perk is really needed, they're all just for either strengthening your weaknesses or capitalizing on your strengths. I'd sooner take windows and kindred over every perk mentioned in this topic tbh.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

BT gives 20 seconds of speed boost to survivors, hardly obsolete when it lasts longer than the 16 seconds to heal.

OTR gives 80 seconds of no aura reading + no grunts of pain. Absolutely not obsolete when they run an aura-reading perk and if you get found within the 80 seconds (massive time frame, btw) then you have old Iron Will, making losing the killer and mindgaming substantially easier.

Reassurance there's a case for, but have you ever been on a multi-floored map and used it through the floor as the survivor gets hooked? Not only does it feel great but it's a guaranteed 30 extra seconds on-hook which means they can sit there for longer as people smash out gens, which for un-coordinated solo queue is great.

Plus, when the killer does camp and tunnel all of these perks become god-sends and are the difference between winning and losing, literally.

And then COH is just bonkers.

All of this relies on the killer bringing an aura perk (instead of the ever popular Quad Regression that I see everywhere in EU atm) and also not camping and tunneling (which I see everywhere in EU atm). Distortion just doesn't provide enough value when OTR does what I really need it for- losing the killer to stop myself from being chased when I don't want to be.

• hastarkis
    Options

Yeah, that's perk description. Didn't loose more than one token tho.

I can be wrong and I'll test that, but for now I'm sure even purple Lethal eats one token. Like if Distortion uses one token for aura revealing.

I mean, if it's time-based revealing, distortion looses one token and that's it, no matter how long the effect is. But if it is action-based revealing (like nurse's calling), distortion looses one token every 10 seconds. Looks like that for me.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 921
    edited September 2022
    Options

You dont lose 2 stacks with lethal, distortion is my main perk and only loses 1 might me a bug, dont tell the devs 👌

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Yeah sorry but that really sounds like a bug because 6.1.0 it consumed 2 tokens

• CaulDrohn
    Options

I guess it should be tested against lehtal for one and undying for another. Might be that it hides all araus for timed auras (lethal), but only 10 seconds for conditional auras (undying)

Yeah I know, the behaviour changed with the new audio cue for when a token is used.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Just chiming in to say I only lose 1 token against Lethal. This has been going on since the perks were changed. If It's a bug I hope the devs take as long to fix it as they did Blast Mine!

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

Please god no.

At least Urban Evasion can burn the killer's time on searching your direction and traveling across the map. Distortion is just "tunnel my team" the perk.

Never have I left a match thinking "damn glad that guy was part of my team" about someone and learned they were running distortion. It's always the opposite: "what a weasel... oh, distortion... well that makes sense"

It was bad enough before the buff. Now those people who already refuse to help spread out aggro actually go out of their way to be teamkillers. They'll crouch around doing nothing to regain their tokens before engaging with anything productive that might actually put them at risk, just shifting more pressure onto their teammates.

And when you call them out on it, it's that typical mind-numbing hypocrisy about other players usually being selfish, as if assuming everyone else to be a POS somehow excuses/explains being that very POS for every game where the other players engage in goodfaith as a team.

I've seen too many easy full-team escapes get flopped into a 4k with like 1 gen left thanks to the typical distortion user... and I do mean 4k... those sleazy hatch-hiders still end up dying like half the time anyhow.

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385
    Options

Yes, everybody!!! Keep using distortion I love aura reading perks!!! (I use none)

• FumiNaku
    FumiNaku Member Posts: 1
    Options

Ohh I've been running Distortion non-stop since the buff. It's been super helpful in alnost every match 😁

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374
    Options

Is there a reason I don't lose more than one or should I be paying more attention?

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

You get the tokens back trivially vs any killer with a standard terror radius. The last time I ran out of distortion tokens was vs. a blight with the aura addon. It just doesn't happen.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

I really dislike Lethal Pursuer it's absolutly busted information and the fact it boost all other aura reading is bonkers and even more bonkers is that it boosts itself... Why?

Why make a busted early game info perk even better by having it buff itself? If you want it to buff itself then reduce it's natural duration. A 5 second base duration buffed to 7 would be more than enough already.

It's such a popular and busted Perk that you're almost obligated to play assuming every killer has it. I see no reason for it to not be used. I'd use it myself on my killers, especially because one of them is GF so he needs to know where to go very early on, but the fact that i'd have to buy a ######### killer like Nemesis and waste 1.5 million BP on him to unlock Leathal Pursuer is a definitive NOPE. I'll grab it from Shrine if it ever pops up there but i aint getting Nemesis.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,367
    Options

True, people forget that Distortion still gives you info even if the killer has no aura reading since you'd have no way of knowing that otherwise.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Okay then, I stand corrected. I have just tested it and can confirm that one token is used despite Lethal Pursuer's 11 seconds beating the 10 of Distortion. Moreover, constant effects like Hex: Undying will constantly consume tokens, and I assume the one-time effects like I'm All Ears, Darkness Revealed, etc. will work in a similar manner to Lethal.

Editing the original comment to avoid spreading misinformation and I apologise for being so stubborn- though I'm still not convinced this isn't a bug it at least makes it decent. I'll still stick to not using it though, because the Quad Regression:tm: meta is strong during the time of day that I play and aura reading takes a backseat to that, including Lethal, and if the killer has perks like Floods of Rage or Darkness Revealed then I'm covered by Off The Record for a surprisingly large amount of time.

Plus, like I mentioned in my original comment, I'm very confident in my ability to last longer in a chase than 99% of my solo queue teammates, so if the killer decides to chase me around when I still have every resource available on the map (I drop pallets about as rarely as I get a good solo queue mate, windows are my best friends) then it'll be a blessing for the team.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

I've been using it to counter not being hit by nurse 7 seconds into the game

• PyramidFootLicker
    Options

Well at least I can comfortably read this and know that doesn't apply to me, sure killers have a harder time finding me but hey in those situations I end up finishing the game with iri lightbringer. If the killer wants to tunnel with their aura perk I can't control that decision. (but thank god someone else is getting tunneled instead of me uwu)

• CaulDrohn
    Options

Thanks for testing it out :).

If you had some additional time, maybe you could check if retribution aura also does only use a single token, since that one is 15 seconds long. If it's one token as well, I would guess it's more of an intended change, if not it's a buggy interaction with lethal.

• hastarkis
    Options

Just tested. 2 tokens for retribution.

Just like for Lightborn with Lethal. It's 12 seconds, 2 tokens.

Either it's bug, or Distortion actually is 11 seconds now, or there's 1 second delay at the start of the match, or Lethal officially is an exception.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Oh boy, I sure love running Distortion and the Killer has no aura reading. It’s like Unbreakable. Could come in clutch or could be completely useless.