We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Understanding Teachable Perks Since Patch

Before project W went live I had on both killer and survivor all of my teachable perks unlocked however with the current patch after the change, I still have my teachable so able to be purchased in the bloodweb but they aren’t showing that they’re unlocked and whenever I prestige a character even if they had a higher tier of the perk after the prestige they show back as tier 1. It’s slightly confusing and honestly the thought of getting everyone to P3 for tier 3 is a grind I feel kind of forced into. Am I better off just buying through the bloodweb or prestige for all level 3s. I don’t play very many survivors other than Jane and Feng and on killer mostly Oni and leather face. Has anyone else had this problem with their teachable? The pictures are just to show that I had tier 2 and after prestige they were reset to 1. That’s alotta work to go through again for both sides. I hope all this is understandable. I did my best to explain it lol

Comments

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

So in the first picture are those what level you had those perks at on Tapp?

2nd picture it is showing you that those perks are now unlocked at level 1 on all characters automatically, it wont downgrade them from the level you already had, you should be able to see this in the loadout section, if it did thats a bug and you should do a support ticket.

• Protoman_369
    Protoman_369 Member Posts: 11

Yes the first picture was what they were at right before the prestige and the second page was immediately after

• Protoman_369

Yeah that was how I checked for sure to see if they were still available because all the new characters had the level 1 teachables I just didn’t understand why some went from tier 2 to tier 1

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

In the picture it shows what you unlocked for all characters so when you prestige 2 they will show tier 2 even if you have them all at 3 on that character and it will show them tier 3 once prestige 3 and beyond.

• Protoman_369

I kinda get what you’re sayin but I know tapp had his own 3 perks at 3 before the prestige so essentially he had tier 3 and before prestige it showed my teachables as 2 but after prestige they all went to tier 1

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

New system is different. You don't "have teachables so able to be purchased" because now there are no "teachables" .The only way you can unlock those perks for all other survs is through prestiges (and shrine, but we talk about bloodweb). So yeah, you can buy perks and level them up for this particular survivor but you have to p1 that survivour to make perks unlocked and shared.

If I understand correctly green color is about game confusion. Like, do you see little locks there? It's because those perks with those tiers are locked and will be unlocked and shared soon after prestige. It's yellow on p0, you get them unlocked after first prestige and now there're green perks with locks. Then after p2 you get tier 2 of the perks and there're purple ones locked. After p3 locks are removed because now all possible tiers are unlocked.

But! You've unlocked first two perks before update, you've already had tier 1 unlocked for all characters even though the character wasn't prestiged. That's why it's green on p0 and that's somewhat visual bug. Having tier 1 unlocked without any prestige contradicts with new rules (again, I don't talk about shrine here) but BHVR didn't want to rob people and remove their unlocked perks. Hence, those perks are here although they should not be and they look green as if you've already achieved p1 even though you didn't. And you won't really get tier2 here. First prestige grants only tier 1 and you have to pass this milestone to reach second one, afaid.

So after your first prestige basically you got only one new perk unlocked - Tapp's 3d one on tier 1. First two you've already had unlocked by the old system. Now game confusion is resolved: you prestiged your character, all your unlocked perks are matched and now everything is ok. You can P2 and P3 the character to unlock tier 2 and tier 3 for all other survs, or you can level up other characters manually to find tiers 2 and 3 in bloodweb and leave Tapp on p1.

If you have the perk unlocked as tier 2 or tier 3 (via new shrine) but it is reseted to tier 1 after the very first prestige of linked character - that's reportable bug and you should contact support. But if your perks were unlocked on tier 1 due to reaching 30-35-40 lvl pre-patch than you have no reason to p1 those characters if you don't want to p2 and p3 them next. Their teachables are already unlocked and shared and p1 does nothing, really. Just like in Tapp's case where you've basically unlocked only one perk.

Anyway, if you think smth is wrong with your unlocked perks, contact the support. They can check.

• hastarkis

Tapp has his own perks to use which are leveled up through bloodweb. If you found tier 3 in his bloodweb those perks should stay tier 3 in his loadout no matter what.

But those yellow tier 1 ones on top of the screen are shared perks. All other characters will get them with no leveling at all. It doesn't connected with Tapp's loadout and Tapp's bloodweb, only with his prestiges. You can find Tapp's perks in Tapp's bloodweb and get them to tier3 but that's for Tapp only. To affect loadouts of other characters you have to prestige Tapp.

• Protoman_369

I appreciate the detailed reply. I understand what you’re saying and it’s not that I’m necessarily missing any perks because I had them all before patch I was just confused as to why color change happened. As far as I know on the other characters they didn’t lose their tiers and still had all the perks so maybe for the unlock icon it’s just a display bug. I can be more certain the next time I get on. I was also curious if it would be cheaper in the long run to P3 everyone so all tier 3 are unlocked or to just buy them in the bloodweb since they’re already available technically. I suppose since I don’t play very many characters it’s just smarter to leave it be and only P1 the newest survivors.

• hastarkis

Well, it's cool to have all perks available. You have to level up somewhat 30 levels to get all general perks (which you are going to level anyway) and that's it - every build on every character is available so you won't struggle if daily, archive or your friends want you to play someone else than your main. And it wasn't too hard for me to get new survs to p3, I also had extra points to p1 couple killers and lvl up my main. So my vote definitely is for p3, it's affirdable (for me).

But realistically... Nah, for my main it's completely ok to p1 new survs and then level up the main character.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301

I want to second this response. If you only play to play a couple of characters, it's definitely cheaper and easier to P1 everyone and then get the upgraded perks in that character's webs. You only need to P3 everyone if you want to have everything unlocked on everyone. That's the only way it's really cheaper than the previous system.

• Protoman_369

So I hopped on after I got home for work last night and although the display gets bugged when I do the prestige after restarting the game it fixes itself so other than a visual bug at first nothing is really wrong with the perks. I would agree though only getting the newest characters to p1 for their teachables since all of the previous ones before patch are available. Thanks for all the replies!