Blast Mine is still pretty bad

Options
Laluzi
Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I appreciate that they buffed Blast Mine, but it's still much weaker than it was before, and it was never a strong perk to begin with. It is still not worth running.

45s on a gen is a massive ask for a one-time use that doesn't replenish if it sees no value, considering all of these things:

-If you place it too early when you hear the killer's TR, there's a good chance they aren't actually coming to you and your Blast Mine is wasted.

-If you place it too late when you hear the killer's TR, they will chase you instead of kicking the gen.

-If there are any teammates with you on the gen, you can't control what they'll do or when they'll leave, and again, the killer is probably going to chase before kicking.

-If you go down and hope that they kick the gen afterward, there are a number of meta perks that will blow the gen up by themselves, preventing Blast Mine's use (Eruption, Jolt, Pain Resonance)

-Different players have different thresholds for wanting to kick gens - you can slap Blast Mine on a 50% gen under perfect stealthy conditions only to find out the killer doesn't care.

And a 5 second buff to how long it stays placed doesn't really change much. If that were 15 seconds, we'd have gotten somewhere, but 5s is a pretty safe buff after a pretty massive nerf.

If Blast Mine is going to go away every time it doesn't get kicked, 50% of a gen is too much of an ask. Again, the perk barely does anything to the killer's momentum even when it does get triggered. Wiretap is much more useful for actual survival purposes and it has a lesser requirement and lasts longer.

But frankly, I'd rather see it go back to 66% and just let you keep using the mine until it gets value. There was nothing wrong with the way the perk used to work. It was balanced and people primarily used it for memes or stun/blind challenges.

Comments

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Another survivor perk that was bad before, and it's now even worse. And counting. What's the percentage of useless survivor perks now? 97%? 98%?

Good thing they performed a meta shakeup. I'm still looking at you, PHARMACY.

Calm Spirit too.

The way you butchered these two meme perks that were bad to begin with.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 510
    Options

Blast mine was never amazing, but more than half the value was informing other players which generator you're working on.

If this value is gone, then it's hard making it worthwile.

If they want to go this way, they should buff the effect. I wouldn't be for increasing the stun duration (being stunned for longer than 5 seconds would be very boring), but maybe add something, like hinder the killer for a pretty long time? (byt maybe just 3/4%?)

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Blast mine is a helpful tool for solo queue vs Overcharge/CoB in the same way that Kindred is helpful for solo queue vs camping.

In the right situation it works fine. People got used to it working in a bugged state and think the perk is weak when it is fixed. Let us not forget that Survivors cried foul when Spint Burst's timer was changed from 20 seconds in 2016 because that made the perk worthless. Then it became "worthless" again when you could no longer get get sprint back mid chase.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

How is it helpful against those perks? It doesn't stop the killer from kicking the gen, it just delays them for 5s. The only time it's going to do something meaningful is if the gen was 99ed and you can slip in and finish it.

Blast Mine has always been a meme. It was never anything close to a meta perk, so SB is a very weird comparison.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

They either need to make it have same requirements as wiretap or put it back to how it was.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Yep, it is. Just tried it out. Same trash.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

If you want to truly counter these perks you use Repressed Alliance. Blast Mine is more about wasting a bit of killer's time/punishing them for kicking and not chasing, which it can't do an amazing job at.

This perk is just not good and after the bugfix it became worse.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

blast mine in its original state was completely fine and the nerf was unjustified, it should have just been reverted. literally nobody asked for it to be changed in the first place but here we are i guess

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Blast Mine was always strong against Pop because it gave you time to run. You can get the same effect from Sprint Burst but you can have both and literally be 20 seconds ahead of the killer. Blast Mine can also protect someone who doesn't have an exhaustion perk ready (or doesn't have one at all).

The biggest value though again is from the information with solo queue. You can say : I am working this generator over here. This can suggest to another survivor that they should go for the save because you are WAY across the map.

Repressed Alliance is not a perk most people use because there are 4 survivors and you literally cannot chase them all at once. Denying access to the generator is functionally better for the killer than it is for survivors unless 1-2 players are dead.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited September 2022
    Options

I am working this generator over here. This can suggest to another survivor that they should go for the save because you are WAY across the map.

Wiretap now exists. Lasts longer and gives info if the killer is close. EDIT: Oh and it charges faster too.

Denying access to the generator is functionally better for the killer than it is for survivors unless 1-2 players are dead.

Or, y'know, if they have gen regressing perks/just normal regression. Then Repressed is better for survivors.

You can't use Blast Mine defensively unless the killer really wants to kick that gen. Otherwise they will just chase you if they saw you.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

No one asked for It, so well, here we go again. Good job devs you done It again, making a trash, dumb, unnecesary and lamentable change.