Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BVHR really wants killer mains to quit this game...

2»

Comments

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

First, "top/high mmr" is the top half of the player base, so it is an entire gamble what type of game you will get.

Secondly, if a killer inflates their kill counts by using camping and tunneling, they actively do not learn the skills needed to play against better players, causing a negative feedback loop. If I only win against people because I camp and tunnel, I can't beat the better people when I fight them since they have learned how to deal with my tactics, but I haven't figured out their's.

Third, soloq is so horrendous that many people have hard quit UNLESS they are playing with friends, which inflates the ratio of SWF vs solo. If soloq is much more playable then you will play against more solo players, which means less swfs.

Finally, when a player goes against another player that played in a non-enjoyable manner, they typically bring their ABCs next match. ABCs being A-game, bully tactics, or acting like a, uhh, non-enjoyable person themselves. That works out as Starstuck Nurses, BNPs, Alch Ring/C33 Blights, Syringes/Styptics on medkits, 4 minute bleedouts, and teabagging. That then is usually done against players who aren't doing the same, which leads to a bit of a vicious cycle. If all of the extremes of power were closer in effectiveness to one another, then those bad feeling matches would be less painful.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

it’s really not because 1600 and above are all considered the same by the game. Getting to 2200 doesn’t matter because you are still matched with the same people. It’s exactly what I think. I would bet that the majority of people on this forum are in the “upper” bracket, which further shows that bhvr wasted their time with MMR

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

It doesn't matter what he should "try to do" someone is going to be at that MMR regardless as a killer just due to the killer pool. If he isn't forced into those matches someone else will be...

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Apparently every killer on these forums is at high mmr lol

• NemmyMan3000
    NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 228

People shouldnt be forced to play a stronger killer in order to get a win or even have fun.

You also cant say dont play X killer on Y map......killers cant pick the map they want all the time.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    edited September 2022

You started playing killer regularly after "wesker" release ? And assuming you are high MMR ?

This is a skill issue to me, killers are at there best since 2016 and you have no idea how it even was. You might have won a couple of games normally then got bullied once against a SWF comp (Who may even just be more skillful) and you just blame it all on game & BHVR.

Not saying game is perfect but it's best balanced than ever (SoloQ aside). If you are struggling that much with gens, have 3-4 slowdowns and see how it goes. Either way some killers are bad by design, don't expect to win with a wraith on Game map against SWF at high MMR for example (Some might do here & there).

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

There is no such thing as high MMR.

Focus on yourself before blaming the game.