Please explain to me why you disconnect on purpose?

Okay, so this is to those that disconnect on purpose. Those that don't do this, we can speculate why and say that it's pointless and only hurting yourself and your team all we want, but... that's not what I am making this post for.

Those of you who disconnect on purpose already know the consequences of doing so all too well, so... why do you do it?

Comments

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I always laugh when a survivor DC's and I'm playing killer, but as survivor I groan in agony. You're right that it's really just too common. Imo, people need to learn to take a break from a game if it's making them want to rage quit all the time.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

I die on first hook not dc, and i only do that if theres no hope in the match to win.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I've never disconnected. I've been ddos'd liie crazy though.

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167

I only dc if there’s a cheater

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,136

Don't like killers slugging me as the last survivor for 4 minutes.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I mean, the DC penalty is 5 minutes, minimum, so it's technically shorter to stay

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,644

Because a 5 minute penalty is much more tolerable than a hyper competitive blight with the best possible loadout.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

I don't DC, but I almost did once. 2 cheating megs tried to lock me in the gen basement on badham by "hooking" themselves in the doorways so I couldn't get out.

I pretended to be AFK for 10 minutes and then smacked one of them the second they got bored and "unhooked" themself lmfao obviously they escaped, but it was hilarious

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339

Usually I only do it if someone else DCed in the first 10-20 seconds of the game or something. If I don't plan on playing again for 5 minutes then that's faster than running up to the killer and suiciding or attempting to suffer through a 3v1 at 5 gens left. Life is short, why waste my time?

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    edited September 2022

I got an entire team of cheaters like that today. It was my first time playing pinhead, and I actually didn't disconnect, it gave me a lot of time to practice Pinheads powers on the cheating gang. They were hooking themselves in the air, flying around, impossible to down, insta healing, teleporting, everything in the book. I opened the gate and they ended up wasting too much time trolling since endgame collapse got them, so they hooked themselves making it impossible to die. Then few died trying to get out, the last one teleported out briefly trying to escape, and the game even showed that he escaped before it auto changed to sacrificed.

At least they gave me bunch of time to practice pinhead and use them for target practice. But probably BHVR really needs to fix their anti cheat measures

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,136

Not when they pick you up last minute and force you to wiggle out to die.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

That's exactly what I do as soon as I disconnect once. I keep away from the game for a few hours or for the rest of the day.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163
    edited September 2022

The only time I intentionally dc is if I'm drunk and it's obvious we're in for a bad solo queue match. Even then I have to be pushed towards it. Like I'm on a bad teammate streak or something. Luckily, I don't drink often enough for it to be a real issue.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I mean, if you're just about to die... it's an extra like 30 seconds

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

If I find you in game, and you are drunk, I will let you escape, but the booze stays with me!!

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178
    edited September 2022

Because I can't stand playing 2453687th game in a row against Wesker. Hearing his terror radius makes me want to vomit.

I usually just suffer through it but I'll leave myself 1 DC a day when I get really frustrated. That usually happens around 53787th wesker game or when I finally get a different killer and it's a Thana Legion.

Sometimes I switch to killer for a bit but today that didn't end well because on my meme fun Myers build I was being chained blinded by two Neas over and over so I just left.

Any other questions?

EDIT: fun fact. I found the same Nea couple games later on my Demo game. She got completely devoured by our boi Demo while the 2 remaining survivors got a free escape. I got my revenge so I feel better now and not planning to DC for the next 24 hours.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,286
    edited September 2022

There are three reasons I disconnect:

1) Just before I get on final hook if the killer has demonstrated grade A a-holery; I don't want to screw my team but I also don't want the killer to be rewarded with something the game counts as a win and since dcs are null and I likely call it quits after that match for a while anyway and need neither pips not BP. The only one who loses something is the killer; no kill, no extra hook bp and no kill bp. Somewhat petty, I give you that, but I think it's justified.

2) To make a point when a killer hard tunnels/camps the first survivor they find for no reason whatsoever except to have a super easy game against the rest. Sorry, but if I spend five minutes in a miserable match or five minutes timed out chilling in lobby I take the chilling in lobby. I usually do this when it's a swf and we usually collectively dc. (To people going "lol, just learn to loop and it's not an issue" while technically true it's not practically applicable: we're playing casually to have fun, not everyone likes looping and not everyone has been playing a lot. It actually seems like these kinds of killers check steam profiles and find the one with the sub 300hrs in game and ignore everyone they see until they find them)

3) Something in a match is the last straw after a series of bad matches and I've just about had it for the day. I Alt+F4 and do sth else.

(though, to put this into perspective: I've only once gone past the 15min penalty and that was due to my internet cutting out, not due to dcs. I DC maybe once every...idk 30? 40? 50? matches.)

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,454

I've DC'd exactly once in the two years I've been playing, and it was because my headphones went on the fritz and kept connecting then disconnecting. My ears were just filled with "bluetooth connected" etc over and over. It was very annoying.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Most of the time it's because "#### you!"

Like in a spot where the killer is 4-slugging at 5 gens left as if they are trying for some speedrun leaderboard.

I got bloodpoints to spend while I wait out the 5 minute timer anyway.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319

Uhhh no. Try reading one of the 10000 existing threads on this.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

The only time I usually do is if the killer commences the dreaded slugging for the 4k. I’d rather sit through a 5 minute penalty over laying on the floor, hiding from the killer, constantly switching which of us is slugged, ect. It’s the worst thing about survivor.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

The only thing that baffles me is people who dc while they are hooked.

• King_Viper
    King_Viper Member Posts: 45

I do it when the killer slugs me and goes to find the last player...My way of saying f u and also give the other player a chance at hatch. I dont need the bp that much and ill wait out my penalty... its ok maybe the killer gets a 2k that match instead of the 4k he wanted....Id rather wait out a penalty then to lay there and bleed out to give the killer their 4k ego boost they cant sleep without.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,376

Okay, so I've gotten quite a few responses, and mostly they amount to the same reason... To punish the killer for "sweating for the 4K" or such. Which, okay.

Thing is, are you really punishing the killer? They get a quitter bonus, so pretty much close to the same BP reward... and since they don't get that kill, their MMR doesn't go up as much... which means their next match won't be as difficult as if they got that 4K. Now, yes if they are going for the 4K purely for ego reasons, sure. But... when you DC, especially on first or second hook, you're just screwing the remaining survivors and at worst the killer's MMR doesn't' go up as much, you're not punishing the killer at that point.

In fact, most killer mains I know see a DC counting as a kill. It might not as a game mechanic to increase MMR, but for "Ego" purposes? That's a kill. You didn't escape.

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

I'll DC if the killer is just slugging, just gets too boring. I've ran into killers that slug 3 people, let the other person get someone up and keep going that way. If that's fun to you, you do you, but I'm not going to wait around.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I'll DC if I've been inconvenienced.

I hit a guy with OTR? I've dc'd cause of it.

Got stunned? Yeah sure, DC.

• AbsolutGrndZer0

Its not fun, no. But there is a chance you could wiggle out. There is a chance you could get the 4%, etc. When you DC you get NOTHING and you have to wait 5 or more minutes before you can even re-queue. The maximum amount of time you can bleed on the ground is 5 minutes, sooo.... you're going to have to not play for 5 minutes either way, why not get at least some points for it?

Plus, I've both had and seen matches were all 4 survivors are swarming the hook trying to get the save, etc... What am I supposed to do, go to the other side of the map and wait for them to get the unhook before I chase anyone again? No, I'm going to chase those who are there, especially if they are carrying flashlights or grenades or toolkits to sabo hooks.

• ElodieSimp

There is no wiggle, the killer never picks you up. They want you on the ground and let one survivor pick up others so they can be slugged again over and over. Unfortunately it's a snowball effect in solo queue because the survivor will come for you. This forces me to DC. Does this happen often? No. Hence why I'd rather just wait the 5 mins at the screen. I'm not losing much at all but I am keeping my sanity.

• AbsolutGrndZer0

Okay, like I said, you're not punishing the killer, you are just making it easier for them.

• ElodieSimp

You asked a question for people who DC and speculative on why they would DC. You have this weird notion that I want to punish the killer, I don't. I just want to play the game. Can't play if I am on the ground for 10+ minutes.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited September 2022

I've DC'd once as killer early on against an extremely obnoxious group of survivors who did nothing but blind, teabag and essentially prevent me from doing anything. But I've resolved not to do it again. If it's clear that the killer is getting a 4 k, like 1 dead at 5 gens or something I'll occasionally suicide on hook instead of grind out a game that will make me hardly any BP and will be frustrating.

I do hate it when survivors thow a tantrumn and DC when they get hooked once or their first down. I see it happen so much when I'm playing killer and it's like "great, this match is now easy and boring and they've royally screwed their team becuase they have the impulse control of a two year old."

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243

I only DC when I load into a match and see the killer is just goofing off farming. Those matches last forever because all the survivors join in and goof off. When I play, I want to actually play. I’m working on getting better at looping and I can’t do that if the killer is points farming with survivors or afk. This is also the reason my husband won’t play anymore.

it’s just faster to DC and eat the matchmaking penalty than it is to solo do 5 gens while the rest of the players in the match goof off.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    edited September 2022

My bad, you didn't say that, true. Though a lot of people above did. They basically said that they want to punish the killer so they don't get the 4K they need for their ego boost. However there is one flaw in your assessment, you will never be on the ground for 10+ minutes. It takes 4 minutes to bleed out if the killer does not pick you up. So the base 5min DC penalty is longer.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Oh that's incredibly easy. My game froze and instead of manually kicking me out, I have to do it as y'know frozen screen won't allow me to do anything

• AbsolutGrndZer0

I mean, that happens, but then it's not really on purpose, in my opinion. I more mean reasons people quit because the game isn't going their way. Like a week or so ago my power went out in my entire neighborhood as I was being carried to first hook... i imagine the other survivors were angry, they probably thought I was salty. :(

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

My frustration is 90% of the DCs I have to deal with don't really fall under most of these reasons. I don't play the ultra common and a-tier killers with the exception of maybe huntress. No nurse, blight, or legion. I don't facecamp or tunnel - I play for 8 hooks before I start sacrificing survivors. I generally don't BM or act like an ass.

However despite all of this, I still get DCs in probably a third of my matches, and the majority of them are first hook DCs. I get that at times their teammates are potatoes and in response to that they bail on the match, but many times, the leftover survivors are just fine. They unhook in a timely enough fashion. They push gens. It just screams of tantrum-throwing or some form of entitlement.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

It's kinda sad that we have to deal with issues like power outages and bad connections at times and we're assumed to be salty