IS DH bugged!?

I'm pressing E but DH aint coming out, i can't even DH for distance if i try to, it just doesn't come out. And no i did not change my input Bindings and i've even reset them just to make sure it's on E.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,485

DH for distance isn't a thing anymore

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,161

They changed how Dead Hard works entirely with the last midchapter update.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

deadhard protects your body on the ground really well now.

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241

Yeah you just dab and get endurance now.

• ImNotBobDylan
    ImNotBobDylan Member Posts: 221

Yes DH is bugged, even after the animation starts there is roughly ~100 ms activation time during which it does nothing, the time is inconsistent and seem to depends on server latency. You won't be able to use it reactively at all against certain players. Even good loopers fail it quite regularly on stream.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Judging by the comments i understand reading comprehension is at an all time low...

Thanks, that explains how absurdly difficult it has been to properly time DH.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited September 2022

Their are more effective perks to choose than DH even before the recent updates and changes. If the killer uses any perk that causes the survivor to be exhausted such as Fearmonger(which I am seeing a lot of these days) the perk is useless until the survivor is no longer exhausted. Even if the survivor is not exhausted it isn't that hard for an experience killer to overcome and still get the survivor.

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115

Well, you mentioned "Dead Hard for distance" so it makes sense people assumed you didn't know of the change to Dead Hard (removing the distance portion and instead giving you 0.5 seconds of Endurance).

As for the "Yes it's bugged" comment, that's a troll. The perk works perfectly fine, to the point I'm seeing it more often than the other Exhaustion again. People just needed time to relearn how to use it.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I did mention it but i wrote before and after those exact words. Those are the ones that provide the context. If you ignore those and just read DH for distance then you get to where i've said people are lacking reading comprehension. I'll just copy and paste my words: "i can't even DH for distance if i try to, it just doesn't come out". I did try to DH for Distance and even that didn't come out, that's exactly why i made the post. If i could DH for distance then i'd just outright say ok i'm not timming my DH correctly but the fact is even when i specifically tried to use it for Distance it didn't work either and it's not because it doesn't provide Distance anymore, it simply wasn't coming out.