When Nemesis is in Infection Tier 3, he should break pallets and hit survivors at the same time.

Options

This means that if a survivor is vaulting a pallet, or the location of a pallet, the survivor and the tentacle overlap, the pallet breaks and the survivor gets hit.

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,237
    Options

Sure.

But to compensate, make his infection 1/2 speed (3-4 unique survivors to get to tier 2)

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,079
    Options

No. Then you can't do anything as survivor. You can't greed loops vs Nemi, you can't predrop and stuns are unreliable with latency.

• BubbaIsJustVibin
    BubbaIsJustVibin Member Posts: 48
    Options

You are right, but I also feel like this is fair due to how incosistent and difficult it is to get to Tier 3. Survivors should focus on outplaying Nemesis' tentacle and not let him in Tier 3, and let failure in that department be very punishing.

• BubbaIsJustVibin
    Options

It already takes a very long time to reach Tier 3, and Tier 2 isn't an issue, so I disagree.

• Gandor
    Options

TBH i disagree with whole post. It is quite hard to loop nemesis as is, because there is nothing on the map that gives survivor advantage over nemesis.

Windows are like biggest counter for him, because it only locks survivor to predefined known location for easy M2, but otherwise don't help him catch up to survivor.

Pallets are basically useless because he can get rid of them almost as quickly as you put them down. Everywhere else he is quicker.

The only saving grace is, that it takes him some time at the beginning to start rolling.

Which means having him even more oppressive in later stages must be compensated - by longer T2 and T3...

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,079
    Options

If they fix his dumb hitbox I'm fine with that.

I'm talking about the fact that you can move during a tentacle strike and the hitbox moves with you, making it possible to land hits you would not be able to otherwise.

• BubbaIsJustVibin
    Options

As a person who plays Nemi alot, if this didn't exist Nemi would be severely underpowered. It requires alot of skill to drag his tentacle, but without it, there would be an insane amount of situations where the precision you need to hit a single hit is absurd.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,840
    Options

I typically just go for the pallet break over the hit at the pallet more than anything. To me, he is just like an M1 killer but with extra steps.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

He does not need this ability, it is enough to learn two of his techniques, the first I called Ping Tech (pre-break), the second is just breaking the pallet ignoring the survivor, so you should hit the pallet at an angle along the edge of the pallet with a tentacle.

I made a video specifically for this. The first two (David and Jill) show Ping Tech (because I invented this technique with the release of Nemesis, do I have the right to call it Heda Tech? After my name) In the video, the pallet breaks before it is dropped, in fact, on the screen of the survivor, the pallet is almost dropped, on mine it is only dropped, but this is a risky technique, because the survivor may not drop the pallet. The second technique is not risky, but the survivor does more distance. What are these techniques for? They allow us to be a good trade for the killer - we do not give a boost ability or from damage, while we control the situation so that the pallet does not block our path after any damage to the survivor

• BubbaIsJustVibin
    Options

Oh, the "ping tech"? That's nothing new. I do that all the time. My point wasn't to say that Nemi couldn't do any of this otherwise, I just want an elegant way of making T3 more rewarding. But no, you can't name the "tech" after yourself, it's literally just breaking a pallet early.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,496
    Options

His ant-loop is already oppressive. This is not needed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,743
    Options

you can crouch on any loop and he can't hit you over any obstacle/loop.

• NerfDejaVu
    NerfDejaVu Member Posts: 24
    Options

Try doing that in a real game, majority of the time you don't have enough distance to crouch because he hits you during animation or ping gets you hit. At loops he's trying to hit over he can just hold it and go around as he's basically a more forgiving huntress in situations like that.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,743
    Options

his m/s is reduced to 95% when holding tentacle. that is slower then survivor. only at tier 3 is he 100% m/s. i just loop around pallets and crouch on reaction. He is only relevant for his pallet-break. hitting survivor for free sprint bursts 8 times per match is a really silly mechanic in my opinion.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Let's consider for a moment that Nemesis is a build up killer while Blight and Nurse have no build up required. Which is the worst platform of the three? The obvious answer is Nemesis.

If we're considering buffing Nemesis then pick two or maybe three of these options.

1) Make tier one whip break pallets

2) Make Nemesis move at full survivor speed while using the teir 1 whip and gradually move up to full killer speed while using the whip at t3.

3) Make tier 3 whip injure survivors and infect them with a single whip attack.

4) change the tentacle attack so that it hits over obstacles if it hits the survivor hitbox (no more ducking to avoid the whip)

5) rework many of his personal addons so they have a permanent but minor effect while a survivor is infected ( examples : make the green Licker Tongue be a permanent 2% movement speed reduction while infected and make the purple addon NE-a Parasite make you oblivious forever while infected.

Change Plant 43 Vines (green) to injure a survivor when using a vaccine or cause deep wound status if already injured.

Change Broken Recovery Coin (purple) so that there is only one chest in the trial. Maybe this chest should always spawn in the basement when using this addon.

Change Adrenaline Injector to have it show killer instinct when someone uses a vaccine for 30 seconds. Literally nobody has ever used this addon in its current state. This would make it have synergy with the Iridescent Umbrella Badge which is one of the decent addons on Nemesis in theory but you don't any use out of this addon because no one will ever use it close to you so the expose effect is pointless.

Change Jill's Sandwich to give Nemesis a permanent 0.5% movement speed buff whenever he infects a survivor. Yes that means Nemesis could reach 119% base move speed.

Change Damaged Syringe to increase injection time to take +15 seconds instead of +2 seconds.

Change Serotonin Injector to increase undetectable status for +30 seconds instead of +15 seconds

Rework his Zombie addons:

Change the pink Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge addon to permanently increase zombie speed by 20% whenever a generator is completed. Yes that would make zombies +100% speed when all the gens are completed. Yes that would make zombies +100% speed when all the gens are completed.

Completely Rework the Visitor Wristband to incorporate those effects into the Brian's Intestine so that it does all three effects and the wristband now does something completely different - maybe you cough twice as often while infected.

Completely Rework the Admin Wristband just like we did before into the Mikhail's Eye addon which will now do all three effects. This leaves room for the admin wristband to have a new effect.

Change Zombie Heart to add new effect: when a survivor is attacked by a zombie they do not receive a speed boost.

Regardles of which options you pick above zombies also need to be reowrked so that :

1) Zombies never get stuck (epecially on generators or trees).

2) Zombies are not worthless on large maps. This would require the zombies to likely have a percentage based perception increase relative to map sizes. In other words they would detect survivors from about twice as far away on large maps.

3) Zombies that infect a survivor give nemesis Infection Progress as if he whipped them.

4) If nemesis is using Lightborn then his zombies cannot be blinded anymore.

• DBDVulture
    Options

"He does not need this ability"

Know how I know you are playing against low MMR survivors? Look at how wide both you and your prey take all the loops. You can play 30 second afk clown with no perks at low MMR and smash all the surviovrs so sure at low MMR Nemesis is fine. Against organized teams he isn't fun to play because he is too weak.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I'd rather he be given the option to prioritize the pallet or survivor when using his power. So frustrating when survivors force me to hit them when I didn't want to.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 175
    Options

I honestly don't really know why his Tier 3 tentacle strikes doesn't actually injure survivors (if they are not infected).

I can see a point on lv 1 and 2, because you give them a free sprint burst at infection but you are building up your power at the very least, so you get something in return.

And after all the time needed to get into Tier 3, why are you still giving free sprint bursts? You are getting absolutely nothing in return when you are supposed to be the most dangerous. There have been times when i was lv 3 and i just didn't use my power at all because it was faster to M1 instead. At least before i knew i was getting "stronger" with every infection but now?

• FeryGEN
    edited September 2022
    Options

I show not the ability to kill all survivors with high MMR (I went not at rush hour, so they give low mmr in the daytime), I show the ability to break pallets, this ability works against any survivors.

You see, in terms of ability, Nemesis is next to the Huntress, make his base ability even stronger and all the players will start to leave matches.

• Gandor
    Options

But compared to other killers he is OP so nerf him. He is much stronger then sadako or ghostface...

And if you are unhappy I am comparing him to those 2, then let's say I am also unhappy you are comparing him to blight and nurse. The 2 killers that should have been nerfed long time ago (instead nurse got buff just recently).

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,784
    Options

The only think Nemesis needs is an addon pass, but his basekit is already really strong.

• DBDVulture
    Options

Nemesis base kit is strong say compared to the Ring but weak compared to Nurse/Blight.

Either SWF needs massive nerfs or Nemesis needs buffs to compete with them.

Nemesis is a good killer compared to say Doctor but zombies do not snipe people across the map repeatedly. Zombies need a huge increase to their effectiveness on large maps or Nemesis needs a direct buff to deal with large maps better.

• FeryGEN
    Options

I agree about the zombies, their AI needs to be strengthened, they constantly get stuck in the rubble in the Red Forest, in the roots of the Eye of crows, in the bushes on Badham, at least they should counter Badham, I’m generally silent about the swamp, in my opinion the Swamp and the Red Forest are the most difficult maps due to zombies getting stuck, and the swamp on the hills blocks the blow with a tentacle. Let them at least know how to break walls, at least some benefit, in the game RE they knew how to break walls flimsy.

• DBDVulture
    Options

Zombies don't get to make the decision to break walls - but they should not get stuck. They represent at least 1/4th of his power. Imagine if one of your perks didn't load in. That's what it's like when the zombies get stuck or you play on a large map.

• White_Owl
    Options

Nurse and Blight are on a different level than any killer ever, does it even make sense to use them as comparison?

• DBDVulture
    Options

It absolutely does as long as all killers are treated the same by match making.

The second you get treated differently for playing Blight/Nurse then that needs to be a consideration. Imagine for example if DBD had a universally set tier list and Doctor for the sake of example were placed in D tier. There might be a rule that D tier killers do not play against SWF. That means that the best doctor in the world who had a 1600 MMR rating would not play against SWF groups but solo players who had a rating over 1600. That is an example how we could balance the game but will likely not.

War Thunder and World of tanks give you a "penalty" if you play an extremely strong tank/plane. DBD treats you the same if you are playing Clown attempting adept as if you were Nurse with best addons/perks and using an offering to pick a map.

Blight and Nurse are the two killers that work regardless of map and SWF. They work and all the other killers fundamentally don't.

• White_Owl
    Options

That's not how matchmaking works, though? Each killer has their own MMR which depends on your history with that particular killer. Unless you have the same kill rate on Nurse and Clown, they won't be treated the same.

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271
    Options

It's actually not difficult to hit T3 tbh. I've played him quite a bit and will consistently hit T3 before the mid game even begins without running mutation rate addons (I'm at the upper soft cap for mmr).

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Honestly not needed, if he does only hit the pallet, its the shortest base pallet break in the game. He will shred through them all

• DBDVulture
    Options

You are projecting a false level of separation. See the latest video from Choy.

If any of your killers hit 1600 MMR then all your killers are bumped up to a minimum 1200 MMR. The idea of completely independent MMR was removed because the devs were worried that veteran players on a new killer would be stomping noobs.