Lisences You Never Want to See

Options
RiskyKara
RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

What killer or lisence would immediately cause disdain or outright revulsion from you if announced?

Hard to say because in horror some of the worst stuff becomes classics because of the campiness.

Immediately what comes to mind for me is Medium. Just really didn't vibe with it at all beyond the fantastic visual presentation.

If Layers of Fear got announced I'd start wondering what bargain bin BHVR had to rifle through to get that garbage.

Eddie Gluskin from Outlast. I loved the character on a blind playthrough but that man has the fandom acting very unwise.

Silent Hill P.T. as much as I loved it, there really wasn't enough there to feel any unique love for Lisa.

Doki Doki. Great deconstruction media, but I uh. I don't know about a Monika killer.

Speaking of low budget anime stuff. The second I see Yandere Sim as a lisence is the day I set DBD's steam charts to my home page so I can watch it's slow certain death every time I go on my PC.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Cant think of anything

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Predator.... Cause coding

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

Killers I WOULD want to see:

Chris Walker (Outlast)

Richard Trager (Outlast)

Marta (Outlast 2)

Piggsy (Manhunt)

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options
  • TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,256
    edited September 2022
    Options

K-Pop such as BTS

Oh wait...

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

I'd find it difficult to think of one that would cause that reaction in me, and those that would are just dumb thoughts of mine: Timmy "The Mallet" Mallet from Whack-a-day, for example

There are some horror or thriller films that may not work: The Orphan, for one. But really most would suit.

The Patriot (Hacksaw Jim Duggan) may also be another I'd not go for.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hmm, for me it'd probably be Scooby Doo.

And to comment about a DDLC chapter, as a massive fan of that game, yeah, I wouldn't want it in DbD either. Monika definitely isn't a killer, and I don't know how she would work as a survivor either, considering she's aware that she's in a video game. Not to mention the giant difference of art styles and the like.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

FNAF, *** that creator and **** him profiting from a licensed chapter collab with BHVR.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    Options

wow! Somebody who remembers Manhunt! We are getting old!

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

He's one of the scariest game characters I can think of lol

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Among Us.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 333
    Options

Why did you have to remind me of that? lol. I WAS going to say none, as I would never want to deny someone their dream chapter no matter how much I hated it. But...yea.....I'm gonna go with Human Centipede. The image of that thing chasing you would be both hilarious and horrifying at the same time, lol.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited September 2022
    Options
    • House of 1000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects, or really any Rob Zombie movie. They're all super terrible.
    • Scooby Doo. Much as I get a kick out of Scooby Doo parodies they've kind of jumped the shark at this point probably. (Although I guess a skin pack for survivors with the outfits might be ok? 🤷‍♂️)
    • Anything related to professional wrestling, including See No Evil starring Kane.
    • They Live. Also Prince of Darkness and Escape from Los Angeles. John Carpenter is really a mixed bag, some of his stuff is fantastic (e.g. The Thing, Halloween, In the Mouth of Madness) and then other stuff is... not.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    Options

Creepypastas in general with perhaps one or two exceptions.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

This is exactly my stance with Pinhead. I’ve wanted him in the game for years but the moment I played him in the PTB I knew he’d be a killer I’d never truly main, as much as I want to.

Meanwhile, Wesker, a character I barely knew until now, is the most fun I’ve had with a Killer in ages, and he’s pretty good. Funny how that works.

If Pinhead had a strong/fun power like Wesker, he’d be my main without a doubt.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I don't want to see anymore Licenses to be honest

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

I really don't want to see FNAF or the Shining. I really hate both IP's

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Five nights at Freddys. Never got the hype and I think the aesthetic would be awful in this game.

Scooby Doo. Loved it as a kid, still don't want to see a cartoon ghost Knight running around the maps.

Hannibal Lecter. Just don't. Some characters are better off not running around the map and looking silly.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Alien and Predator, I just hate space themed stuff, the rest is ok for me.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 323
    Options

3 words.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

FNAF is the first thing that comes to mind

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

Wew this thread got spicy really fast uhm.

I'd love to get back to the original conversation before mods decide to obliterate this thread.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options

just cleaned it up!

Whilst I'm enjoying seeing what you'd all like to see in DbD - lets keep it within the rules here please. Thankies!

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options
  • JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    edited September 2022
    Options

Wouldn’t the deadman (the undertaker/mark calaway) or the warrior (drew McIntyre, cause he can use his sword as a weapon, maybe with his 2010 appearance being a legendary skin) fit more than the patriot/jim duggan though? (Not that wwe could ever get into dbd lol)

• Blue_Archer33
    Options

I don't know if I have a license that I specifically don't want to see. I love seeing BHVR's incorporation of other content into their own. I was skeptical of Pyramid Head's implementation, of GhostFace, of Demo, of PinHead, of Sadako, and... say what you will about balance and representation, but BHVR is just ballin for giving us a gallery of iconic characters all within one multiplayer game.

TLDR I think I'd just love to see BHVR take a stab at using any content that isn't theirs.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion would not be a good game for Dead by Daylight in my opinion.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

FNAF comes to mind.

Also Star Wars.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Lots of people really be hating on FNAF, but that'd be cool being real.

hope we dont see any license of normal people. I'd prefer some sort of actual monsters or more unique looking killers or survivors. Like Wesker. He's just a guy with a tentacle....ya know. It just not that cool.

• Blue_Archer33
    Options

Although I understand the desire for some characters that are really just.. HUMAN... I wholeheartedly agree with you. I want more diversity as much as possible.

Having icons like Hannibal Lecter, Norman Bates, Jack Torrence, and MANY others would be VERY cool... but they're just humans with a few identifying traits. Right? Couldn't it be so much cooler if we get more diversity that add a more inhuman population to the Killer roster?

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 744
    Options

Hmm...I was going to say I don't have much, but that might be a lie.

Unless they are done well...any "horror" characters from Marvel or DC. While I'm sure there are a few that would be lovely to have (Man-Thing, The Violator, Manbat, Carnage etc...) I don't think the owners of said licenses would let them shine that well in DbD.

For reasons that do not need to be stated...Jeepers Creepers. Do your own research, that's all I'll say.

I'm on the fence...FNAF and Scooby Doo. I see all sides of the arguement, I'm just waiting on the results.

I don't know how they would...Slenderman or any other horror character from the internet. I just don't understand who you would talk to about getting the license.

Other than that, there isn't many that I would be completley against.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

Yeah, but the idea of Hacksaw hitting everyone with a 2×4, and having a Hillbilly/Oni ability where he charges at people from a three point stance whilst shouting "HOOOOOOOOO!" tickles me :D

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Nothing other than stuff that isint related to horror.

We should welcome all types of horror, so many possibilities.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

I don't know what license i don't want to see, but i do know which i do like to see.

The spaghetti monster, fits perfectly i to the spaghetti code 😜😂

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

Alien. Big fan of the series but no sci-fi in my horror please, it'd be weird to see a xenomorph struggling to catch up to survivors and plopping them on hooks. Can we have the Tall Man from Phantasm instead?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    edited September 2022
    Options

Edit: so I don't look like I'm yelling into the void nonsensically there was originally someone else's comment that has since been deleted

You know that it's entirely possible to just not like someone and subsequently not want to give them money right? Y'all need a reason for every little thing when honestly you can just not like someone and that's fine.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

I wanted to see FNAF until I read the list of issues with the creator and I was like Ehhhh no. But tbh I rather see more OC killers then more special ones

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

FNAF. I don't like it as a game and I don't like the potential fit, but that's ultimately just a matter of taste, and I don't begrudge anyone who does like it.

The Scott Cawthon stuff is just the cherry on top for me.

Also Alien. I love the Alien franchise, but I just don't see the fit. I just can't see the Xenomorph doing anything but ruthlessly killing, and I don't think it would be prone to manipulation/direction by the entity.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,390
    Options

I'm closing this here as we are getting controversial once more.

Once again, please try to keep in mind the rules when discussing this kind of topics.

This discussion has been closed.