Tome Challenge Bug Thread

Options
JacobiusWick
JacobiusWick Member Posts: 161
edited October 2022 in Bug Reporting

Starting a thread to report bugs for tome challenges. This may already exist but oh well, some of these have had issues for a while and could use work ASAP. Feel free to chime in with yours and I'll add as I go.

1. Tome 1- Level 2-- Botanist Extraordinaire ****Working as of 10/18/2022****
  2. Tome 2- Level 2-- Terrified ****Working as of 9/13/2022****
Post edited by Mandy on
10 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• HarLoCK911
    HarLoCK911 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Tome 1- Level 2-- Botanist Extraordinaire.I have tried this bug many times and with different survivors and nothing I hope you fix it soon

• HarLoCK911
    HarLoCK911 Member Posts: 5
    Options

tome 3 - level 3 chaos mechanic

• theoracle44
    theoracle44 Member Posts: 47
    Options

This should be pinned IMO

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Tome 3 - Level 1: Terrified

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 217
    Options

Tome 12 Level 3: Glyph Pursuer

When the Endgame started, no glyphs were revealed and I didn't find any throughout the very long game although 4 gens were done. Happened several times on several maps, including Coldwind Farmhouse, Pale Rose, Midwich School. I DID find 1 glyph on the Oni map, but 2 glyphs in 4 hours is not normal.

• Fred_krueger
    Fred_krueger Member Posts: 163
    edited September 2022
    Options

I have done literally all survivor challenges in the last 3 weeks.

Quick thinking, Botanist Extraordinaire are both bugged and I can find topics mentioning it since may.

Pls fix, its driving my OCD nuts. Besides these 2 challenges I have 100% of tomes done, even the new one we are up to, to this day of posting.

Post edited by Fred_krueger on
  • Firethorn
    Firethorn Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2022
    Options

I'd recommend giving the Terrified challenges another try, I just completed all of them(well, up to tome 4 at least)

Is that the "damage 5 generators" one? It's named differently in my version of the game. It worked without issue for me.

Well, once I started screenshotting the gens I kicked to make sure I actually damaged 5 different generators in a single game. It's really easy if you have a gen-rushing group for them to get some gens done without you damaging them, and thus you never reach 5 different generators. I recommend picking a fast killer and just rushing between all 7, making sure they can't complete a gen without you damaging it at least once.

• JacobiusWick
    Options

Yeah, just got tome 2's "Terrified" to pop. Thanks for the heads up.

• RatQueen
    RatQueen Member Posts: 16
    Options

I'm unable to make any progress on the challenges in the tome. For instance, I tried the 'damage 6 generators' challenge and the '50,000 blood points' one - no progress whatsoever on them even though I damaged more than 6 gens and was getting 20-25k points per game. :(

• Firethorn
    Options

That, to be honest, sounds like a client issue. Try restarting the game, then check integrity of the files.

If it continues, it might be best to open your own thread, as it would be a separate bug.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 364
    Options

You have to finish a gen to get the glyph to appear gens done by other players won't count. So if you just do one on the game one only appears etc. Also it might be rotten luck that there isn't one near by as I have struggled with that challenge before.

• Firethorn
    edited September 2022
    Options

Just finished Tome 1- Level 2-- Botanist Extraordinaire

Claudette, Lightweight, Built to Last, Botany Knowledge, Streetwise, with a First Aid Kit(yellow) and a gauze roll.

Only 36 points of healing, but I finished 3 health states - 2 from injured to healthy, and 1 from dying to injured. Roughly 2.5 complete health states - the dying was almost finished, and I had help for one of the injured.

I usually started with just regular healing, then switched to the medkit to finish (mostly medkit though).

Current Bugged challenged for me(can anybody let me know if you completed them recently?):

Tome 2, Chapter 1: Dead Hardy(Use dead hard to avoid basic attack)

Tome 4, Chapter 1: Quick Thinking - Hide in a locker while being chased; description currently messed up a bit.

Post edited by Firethorn on
  • JacobiusWick
    Options

Tome 2, Chapter 1: Dead Hardy(Use dead hard to avoid basic attack)

Dead Hardy is basically impossible after the nerf. The challenge will need to be changed.

• Firethorn
    Options

Add in Tome 6 Chapter 1, "Self Preservation". "Hide in a locker within 5 seconds of being in a chase with a Killer."

I've tried hiding in a locker within 5 seconds of the chase starting, during the chase, and after the chase(within 5 seconds). Never popped.

This is the same sort of challenge as Tome 4, Chapter 1 "Quick Thinking".

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

Still not mentioned as a known issue.. i think best we can hope for is 7.2.0 or something.. or after they fix literally every other bug including the ones they make with each update Which might be in about 7 years

Also, did u manage to do self preservation? It has same issue as quick thinking but you didnt mention it

• not_requested49
    Options

Its still possible to do it, its difficult definitely but still possible by dodging the attack at the same time as using dead hard without getting hit and using the endurance

• not_requested49
    Options

I completed dead hardy after the change, i think u just have to manage to dodge an attack the same time you use it without using the endurance itself

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,487
    Options

Please only make 1 bug report per thread as per the guide in this sub section.

This discussion has been closed.