the planned change to whispers is a nerf and plain ridiculous

dannyfrog87
dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

alright so say their is that one super immersed survivor who wont do a damn thing except walk around the map doing absolutely nothing no gens etc etc. so why would you nerf that perk so it only works within 8 meters after everyone else dies this perk is needed for all distances to counter that. that devs is NOT a buff to whispers leave it as it is. theirs a saying if it isnt broken. dont fix it!!

Comments

• dannyfrog87

i did watch the video and who cares if i did or not. thats not even relevant. this means that the survivor is a trolling tool can take the game hostage by doing nothing with them nerfing this. the perk will be obsolete yeah weaker in the late game you said it yourself. which makes the perk ######### useless. yeah end game to be different how the hell does that work then if the perk is nerfed unless theirs another way to find them besides weakening it to 8 meters. they should leave it as it is because all that the end game ends up with is a hostage situation where survivor does no gens or objective depending how many is left. yeah a moronic change is proposed pretty good job so far

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

I think its a buff. A 24m radius is much more practical for the important stage of the game, its only ~50% of the area. It may be enough to compete with BBQ again. And 42 m for the last survivor is still doable to locate someone. Imo a good change

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         Woah woah they SAID “8 meters”?? That’s a huge buff considering it’s a much smaller search area than 32 meters.
         But it only works with the last survivor? Well... at least I’ll have another perk slot free.
  • snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

@TheTimeMachine said:
         Woah woah they SAID “8 meters”?? That’s a huge buff considering it’s a much smaller search area than 32 meters.
         But it only works with the last survivor? Well... at least I’ll have another perk slot free.

he has his info wrong, it gets bigger the more survivors die. so once you kill 2 survivors it actually becomes detrimental to take it, because now all you hear is whispering in your ear as it will never turn off unless you are on the other side of the map.

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    snozer said:

@TheTimeMachine said:
         Woah woah they SAID “8 meters”?? 

he has his info wrong, it gets bigger the more survivors die. so once you kill 2 survivors it actually becomes detrimental to take it, because now all you hear is whispering in your ear as it will never turn off unless you are on the other side of the map.

Aw dam... so much for locker-use early game!
  • dannyfrog87

@TheTimeMachine said:

i wouldnt say its a buff considering you would have to be 8 meters closer if all 3 are dead. so example say one of the bigger maps if they are on the other side on the outer walls just walking it would take 10 times the amount of searching unless they stick to the middle of the map. Whispers - QOL Change - Sporadically hear the Entity's whisper when standing within a 24m range of a survivor. The power of Whispers weakens by 10m / 8m / 6m each time a survivor is killed.

• dannyfrog87
    edited June 2018

@snozer said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

my info is not wrong. if all 3 survivors are dead its 8 meters. Whispers - QOL Change - Sporadically hear the Entity's whisper when standing within a 24m range of a survivor. The power of Whispers weakens by 10m / 8m / 6m each time a survivor is killed. yeah fun times searching for someone on a huge map waiting to be within 8 meters and if they stay away from you. you would never bloody find them if they had premonition etc etc. this is what i meant by if the last guy is alive. and does nothing except walk around the game is held hostage that in itself is a nerf as you would have to track the whole map unless they are not that smart and stick to the middle of the map

• snozer

@dannyfrog87 said:

@snozer said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

my info is not wrong. if all 3 survivors are dead its 8 meters. Whispers - QOL Change - Sporadically hear the Entity's whisper when standing within a 24m range of a survivor. The power of Whispers weakens by 10m / 8m / 6m each time a survivor is killed. yeah fun times searching for someone on a huge map waiting to be within 8 meters and if they stay away from you. you would never bloody find them if they had premonition etc etc. this is what i meant by if the last guy is alive. and does nothing except walk around the game is held hostage that in itself is a nerf as you would have to track the whole map unless they are not that smart and stick to the middle of the map

well there you go, i thought they said it would get bigger.

• dannyfrog87

@snozer said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@snozer said:

@TheTimeMachine said:

well there you go, i thought they said it would get bigger.

yeah this seems like a nerf to me depending on map size having to track all over the map to find the last survivor. goes in their favour and against you so more trolling and just walking around doing nothing

• snozer

but then he says "the power of whispers would INCREASE its range by 6-8-10 meters..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyIbKL3kxg&ab_channel=DeadByDaylight

at 23:00

• dannyfrog87
    edited June 2018

@snozer said:
    but then he says "the power of whispers would INCREASE its range by 6-8-10 meters..

the description says it weakens its weaker end game. not queen says that to him and he says yeah it gets weaker it doesnt get stronger ..... when they are all dead its weaker. unless like he said modifies the base number. so unless the end game gets changed this perk will be bullshit at least thats how i understand or see it

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

weakens the power of the entity.
    less precision
    more area
    logic

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I just liked the consistent 32 meters more.
    Now they're turning a strategic perk into a finding perk, which is weird.

Tho I suppose it will make casuals Happy, as they do not like perks that are not super straightforward.

• dannyfrog87

@Runiver said:

Tho I suppose it will make casuals Happy, as they do not like perks that are not super straightforward.

exactly my point thats the issue. at least at 32 meters i could track the whole area till i find them. now its every 8 meters yeah more time consuming and a chore. if they do make the perk like this people will realise this is a nerf and probably not like it. more than likely hate it lol ..... butchering the perk pretty good job so far

• Runiver

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Runiver said:

exactly my point thats the issue. at least at 32 meters i could track the whole area till i find them. now its every 8 meters yeah more time consuming and a chore. if they do make the perk like this people will realise this is a nerf and probably not like it. more than likely hate it lol ..... butchering the perk pretty good job so far

My main issue about this change is pretty simple : they are changing a perk that is already good and balanced, while more than half of the perks could use a rework.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Runiver said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Runiver said:

My main issue about this change is pretty simple : they are changing a perk that is already good and balanced, while more than half of the perks could use a rework.

I disagree, I think the flange is very necessary and good. Why? Because they're changing the endgame to go with it.

The reason they kept whispers in its state was because end game was SO broken. The thing is they're changing the endgame. It's the same reasoning for the changes to tinkerer, or brutal strength. By slightly reducing the effectivity of the perk, they can make it so it's bearable to play without it in the first place. BS is less effective than it was, yes, but now you don't have to run it. It's still useful, it is and was a good perk, and maybe it didn't need a rework at the time, but the change was a huge QOL difference for killers in general.

With the tinkerer change add-ons will simply be faster as a base effect. They couldn't do this before because tinkerer would be totally broken. Similarly, whispers will be less effective, but it will no longer be a necessity to have a remotely enjoyable end game either with the changes that are being made. Totally needed the rework and will help open up end game possibilities imo.
  • Runiver

@Cetren said:
    The reason they kept whispers in its state was because end game was SO broken. The thing is they're changing the endgame. It's the same reasoning for the changes to tinkerer, or brutal strength. By slightly reducing the effectivity of the perk, they can make it so it's bearable to play without it in the first place. BS is less effective than it was, yes, but now you don't have to run it. It's still useful, it is and was a good perk, and maybe it didn't need a rework at the time, but the change was a huge QOL difference for killers in general.

With the tinkerer change add-ons will simply be faster as a base effect. They couldn't do this before because tinkerer would be totally broken. Similarly, whispers will be less effective, but it will no longer be a necessity to have a remotely enjoyable end game either with the changes that are being made. Totally needed the rework and will help open up end game possibilities imo.

I don't think so. I'm a whispers user for 2 years now, and even tho it's strong lategame, I mostly use it for the early to mid-game to have a good intel of where people are at/where they went and which areas they AREN'T.

This change will just make things more tedious in some cases, and will make it easier to find people due to the lower radius.

Whatever tho, we'll see at the next PTB. I'll try to voice my opinion, but so far I don't think I managed to have any impact whatsoever, and these devs do not seem to change their mind from their original ideas.

• Weederick

@Runiver said:

@Cetren said:

I don't think so. I'm a whispers user for 2 years now, and even tho it's strong lategame, I mostly use it for the early to mid-game to have a good intel of where people are at/where they went and which areas they AREN'T.

This change will just make things more tedious in some cases, and will make it easier to find people due to the lower radius.

Whatever tho, we'll see at the next PTB. I'll try to voice my opinion, but so far I don't think I managed to have any impact whatsoever, and these devs do not seem to change their mind from their original ideas.

Its getting better for early-mid game though. You have to step in a little bit more, but the intel you get is much better. I think its getting out of the niche that BBQ has put it in. No idea how they're gonna handle the endgame, but i hope its gonna be like deathgarden with perma aurareading or noed to prevent trolling

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

I started recently using Whispers 2 (40m) when I switched to Huntress, because I found it more helpful to know when some could hear my humming than there was a survivor nearby. I mean yes it's great for endgame, but I feel like a smaller radius makes it harder to find them because you need to be closer. There are also times as Huntress when I was going back and forth between 2 gens or the exit gates, and having the extra range meant I did not need to move as close to see if a survivor was on the gen/door.

I get that shrinking the range is good for knowing a survivor is nearby, but I also like the longer range ability to save time moving between objectives.

What if instead of changing the size they just made Whipsers more intense the closer you are up to a certain range. So at 40m you just barely hear whispers, and it gets louder up to 24m where it maxes out. That would let it do both long and short ranges, as well as being used like it has been for endgame, perhaps even more effective because at the outer edges you can better pinpoint what direction they are.

Also I mean the change in volume should be very subtle curve, so that you really have to focus and listen to pinpoint the survivor. Just so that way it's not too powerful, it'd take some skill to use.

• Runiver

@Weederick said:

@Runiver said:

@Cetren said:

Its getting better for early-mid game though. You have to step in a little bit more, but the intel you get is much better. I think its getting out of the niche that BBQ has put it in. No idea how they're gonna handle the endgame, but i hope its gonna be like deathgarden with perma aurareading or noed to prevent trolling

Debatable, especially in big maps. We'll see tho. I'll probably swap up that perk on my Billy once it's released anyway for something like BAmboozle or Pop the weasel.

• Weederick

@Runiver said:

@Weederick said:

@Runiver said:

@Cetren said:

Debatable, especially in big maps. We'll see tho. I'll probably swap up that perk on my Billy once it's released anyway for something like BAmboozle or Pop the weasel.

I wouldn't want to run whispers 2 for example, just for its bigger radius. Most of the midgame, it just stays on. For patroling hooks its almost useless. But with 24m radius, i can see it work for hookdefending. I may replace all BBQ's with whispers again except for billy, lets see.
    Bamboozle is bonkers on billy.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    personally I hate the change. Right now whispers only earns a spot in doc and pig builds (for me). With the reduced range pigs heartbeat will be heard before she crouches. Doctor likes to switch modes when whispers goes off and save a lot of time. Both of those uses for the perk are gone so in my eyes I'll never be caught using it. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@dannyfrog87 said:
    alright so say their is that one super immersed survivor who wont do a damn thing except walk around the map doing absolutely nothing no gens etc etc. so why would you nerf that perk so it only works within 8 meters after everyone else dies this perk is needed for all distances to counter that. that devs is NOT a buff to whispers leave it as it is. theirs a saying if it isnt broken. dont fix it!!

Whispers is one of the perks that are in a perfect state in the moment.
    No idea why devs even consider changing it, but if they really do noone will use it anymore...... Changing the radius completely messes up all your muscle memory if you wanna call it that way and finding the last person is just a joke with that activation radius

• Succubuzz
    Succubuzz Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2018

i love how wrong people can be.

When Whispers gets weakened, it means it covers a much larger area, if it covered a smaller area, it would actually be getting stronger.

So basically, when enough survivors are dead, it will be like running Whispers tier 1 (there is a survivor somewhere on the map, and im gonna whisper in your ears as a result)

So yes, even though the OP is wrong, he is also right, since it IS a nerf.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
     😂😂😂 oh dear lord
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

@Runiver said:

Lmao. The Dev literally stats in the video provided that the range will increase per Survivor killed. You will be looking for that last Survivor with a whispers range of 40 meters.

Also please ignore that the current tier 3 of whispers(the strongest tier) is a SMALLER range than the other two tiers. :thinking:
  • dannyfrog87

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

@Runiver said:

Lmao. The Dev literally stats in the video provided that the range will increase per Survivor killed. You will be looking for that last Survivor with a whispers range of 40 meters.

Also please ignore that the current tier 3 of whispers(the strongest tier) is a SMALLER range than the other two tiers. :thinking:

and when the survivors all 3 are dead the radius shrinks to 8 meters which is a nerf in my eyes ..... it decreases. which goes against you if you never come across them in an 8 meter range this goes against you for the end game ....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

I agreed, also been using it for 2 years.

Whispers come with a huge downside so I am not sure why they are nerfing this. They are better off nerfing Barbecue and Chill instead, Whispers you constantly hear the groning sound nonstop meaning your ability in hearing survivors breathing/ footsteps will be significantly reduced

even if people like me use it to be Late game to find the last survivor if he refuses to leave should not be a solid reason to nerf this, the perk has to be viable otherwise people would stop using it all together

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

@snozer said:

Just quoting to keep this at the top

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

@dannyfrog87 said:

@snozer said:

the description says it weakens its weaker end game. not queen says that to him and he says yeah it gets weaker it doesnt get stronger ..... when they are all dead its weaker. unless like he said modifies the base number. so unless the end game gets changed this perk will be bullshit at least thats how i understand or see it

Woops ######### up lol

• TheEntitysLeftNut
    TheEntitysLeftNut Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018

and when the survivors all 3 are dead the radius shrinks to 8 meters which is a nerf in my eyes ..... it decreases. which goes against you if you never come across them in an 8 meter range this goes against you for the end game ....

For the love of God, it does NOT shrink to 8 meters. Do you understand the term "weaken"? A smaller radius is more powerful because you do not have to search as much of an area and it is easier to pinpoint the location. Are you seriously telling me a 54 meter range is easier to find someone than an 8 meters range? That's like saying it's easier to find someone in a huge house than it is in just one of the bedrooms. Dude listen... For every survivor that dies, the radius WEAKENS, meaning the range is extended by 10, 8 or 6 meters depending on tier level. Why do you think tier 1 whsiperers is 48 meters and tier 3 is 32? Are you saying tier 1 is stronger than tier 3? Oh and I almost forgot, if it was how you say it was, then if it weakened 10 meters for every dead survivor and base is 24 meters, then 3 dead survivors would bring it to a range of negative 6 meters. Lmao
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I never liked the idea of Whispers (despite the soothing voice of Lord Entity). I recognize that the Killer needs tools to find Survivors, but they shouldn't have too many. There's already Scratches and alert sounds, and footsteps and breathing/cries as well, plus the Crows everywhere. With the upcoming changes to Dark Sense/Bitter Murmur, players will be able to see the opposite team pretty often (which is a stealth nerf to Object of Obsession, if you think about it ((heh)) ). I want to see more ways to sneak around, so I can try avoiding the Killer and not just run all the time. Let the other, better players lead them around on chases while I do the repairs. You want someone like me on your team, avoiding the Killer's notice and taking care of the busy-work.