61% Kill Rate

Gamall
Gamall Member Posts: 487
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Killer stats after 6.1.0 patch.

What do you think about it? Does the game feel more balanced now?

Comments

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Its kinda sad how predictable it is, right? BHVR have always been coy about a lot of stats but seem to have no issue throwing ones like this out, knowing they're both incomplete data and that they'll become a key talking point in so many arguments on their own forums.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

50% should only be achieved if every survivor in every game actually were willing to cooperate and were in everyone's best interest and not onlythemselves.

Such as in real life, not everyone cares about others so a 61% kill rate seems fine.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I doubt, they will add some buffs for solo survivors. I don't know when but i am sure we will get some love too. But they probably will keep kill rates around 60%. They will make more changes for that.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s probably the other way around, high MMR killers have high kill rates because they have a lot of matches where they go against lower MMR opponents. Just personally for instance I think I’m an above average killer player but not remotely top tier but my kill rate is about 71% at the moment, partly because I sometimes go against weaker opponents.

That said I’d love to see line graphs like they had in the June and July dev updates which show each line is a killer character, the x-axis is the MMR, y-axis is the kill percentage, and the line thickness is the number of matches on a logarithmic scale. My guess is a lot of killers would be kind of flat more or less around that 55-65% kill rate while some killers like Nurse or Pig would be very slanted up or down. (I think Nurse would have low kill rates at low MMR and high kill rates as high MMR while Pig is the opposite trajectory since stealth works better the less observant the opponents are.)

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Feel free to articulate, given that BHVR has explicitly said that they feel Killers were not powerful enough, and the changes they made did in fact adjust this in the direction they were hoping.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

I mean I don't play it myself but I am pretty sure they took these balance ideas from hockey!

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Seems a bit to high IMO but it's not horrible. Idk how they gathered those stats tho. Is it across all ranks? Did they only exclude matches with DCs and not matches where a survivor dies within the first couple minutes (ie almost certainly a hook suicide)?

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 187

No this is not enough data at all to come to any sort of conclusions. We already know that majority of the playerbase for whatever reason is incredibly bad at this game, heck you still have Survivors who struggle to look behind them when in a chase of course these players die a lot and so they should because they are not very good at the game. You shouldn't be rewarded for playing very very bad.

This data doesn't show us the MMR, doesn't show difference between SwF or Solo which this data would be way more beneficial. But because BHVR have said Killers have 61% kill rate and Survivors have 39% escape rate Survivor mains are using this terrible data to support the bad take of "See! Killers are OP!" and massively overreacting.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,384

61% translates to around 2.5 kills on average. The complaints are stemming that killers are getting on average half a kill more. It's really not the end of the world, but 61% looks like a worse number than spelling out 2.5 kills.

With changes to end game to favor killers more, no more end game ds, what is likely happening is games that would have likely ended being a 0K are now ending as a 1K as the killer is more able to secure that single kill than before.

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 207

The number that is more concerning is the 39% escape rate for survivors. How is it that balanced?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's honestly surprisingly low with how many people give up on games

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

61% means between 2 and 3 kills.

Honestly it's not that high. Still means in average 1 or 2 survivors escape.

Devs having a plan on making the kill rate higher is actually a good thing, as it could make them find buff solutions for Solo Q without worrying about the kill rates being affected.

Let's face it, since 6.1 the game is in a much better spot. Like the stats shows there is a much higher diversity in the perks loadout than before and in low-medium MMR the diversity of killers also has increased. (i should know i'm in this spot). THOSE are positive changes.

THOSE makes the games a little more thrilling than only playing the same killers over and over : i mean anyone seen any Spirit lately compared to a time when she was top picked ? and that's after a huge nerf on Iron Will (that i honestly never see anyone run anymore)

Meanwhile, i'm facing Sadako, Myers, Pyramid Head, Trickster and Artist, that are on the less picked list. Since 6.1 i even faced few Hags ! (not gonna lie i'm missing the Nurses and the Blights but can't have it all)

----

BUT

----

Like i said earlier, Solo Q is still in a pretty rough spot and need to be closely looked at and especially the MMR system should be changed when it comes to survivor. Currently working on escape = higher MMR and dying = lower MMR. I die 90 % of my matches as Solo (even as Duo) yet i'm usually top on BP and still pip or double pip every single game. (meaning i did good/extremely good) But with the system in place, my MMR is probably really low and i'm stuck in MMR hell, forcing me to run "meta" perks to grind up while i would much rather use "meme" ones like Head on or Diversion. You cannot tell me it's fair that i get to run the killer for let's say 2 gens, get 3 safe unhooks, heal a bunch and do 2 gens per match, die and still get a lower MMR than a teammate that did 1 gen and hide the rest of the game waiting for the hatch.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,384

DBD isn't a symmetrical game. There's no reason the devs need to make sure that the kill rate is exactly 50%.

60% is perfectly fine as it means the killer on average is stronger, but not overwhelming so.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Although I like the current state of the game, those perks (Deadlock, etc) are all still used a bunch, are still boring, and should probably be spiced up.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

The killer is supposed to be the power role so 61% is more than reasonable.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited September 2022

"Does the game feel more balanced now?"

Yes.

Please keep in mind this takes into account all skill brackets, not just good players.

As we know bad players get killed, very easily. Mid and high tier gameplay need to balance it out.

The total kill rate should be decently higher than 50% to compensate for the slaughter that is low tier games.

Ideally we would get kill rate breakdowns for different skill brackets though.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Friendly reminder for people who don’t understand how statistics work:

There is not much to get from data that combines every single possible factor.

All killers, all skill levels, all solo/SWF/mix, all regional playstyle differences, people playing meme builds, people playing serious builds, people playing for fun, people playing for challenge/tome, people doing made-up challenges, people playing to win, all maps, all items or lack thereof, all addons or lack thereof, etc.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

This. I wonder how stats would look if we could filter out the survivors who give up.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I thought people said barbeque was only used because of bloodpoints? Hmmm.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

i think the escape rate is so low mainly because survivors keep killing themselves on hook or dcing

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

It's a wee bit OP! Maybe nerf the Pig to adjust the stats a bit?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

low escape rates are most likely because people turned into crybabies the past month it's genuinely laughable

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 207

that and hatch escapes dont count as escapes.

They have come out and said hatch is a null when it comes to MMR