PC players not seeing friends in lobby

Options
Slaymore
Slaymore Member Posts: 495

PC Platform.

I've been playing for nearly 5 years - never had this issue. Friend is in UK, I'm in US. They join my lobby and I can't see them - but they see me. One time rebooting on their end fixed it but today we can't get lobbies working (reboot both ends). When I invite, in-game friends list shows them online but not in-game (Steam shows them in-game just fine).

Right now this occurs ALWAYS.

29 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• gettinggeeker
    gettinggeeker Member Posts: 6
    Options

For us the problem started yesterday and today we had the same issue. Two players in Central Europe, two others in UK. Once only one CE player could not join (the other CE player could without a problem and they were playing from the same place too), then we could not see him even if he saw the others in lobby. All of us could ready up, but in the lobby (where the killer also joins) he wasn't there. We tried it several times and in the end we could make it, but it was frustrating.

• keepthecalm
    keepthecalm Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have also been having this issue since yesterday. All the sudden late last night we couldnt see certain people in the lobby. Its happening again today. Somethings I have observed is that I am showing offline in dead by daylight even though I am in game. Steam still shows me in game as well. When I try to join someone while offline through steam it lets me into the lobby but they cannot see me. Still dont have any clue how to fix it, you just have to keep joining and rejoining, and restarting the game

• bchick93
    bchick93 Member Posts: 4
    Options

My friends and I are having this issue on the PS we had to literally shut down our PS to let us all see each other

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    Options

Not only you not see them in the lobby, but in your friendlist either. We cannot invite each other, or simply join on each other, we have to restart the client several time to make it work.

• Zensunim
    Zensunim Member Posts: 156
    Options

We're having an issue where one person can see the other online but not the other way around (2 person SWF on Steam). We tried toggling and making sure all the privacy options are off (anonymous mode, etc.) and it still doesn't work.

If we use Steam to manually join lobbies, we can see each other, but when I ready up, it shows on her screen I readied up. When she readies up, she doesn't show on my screen she readied up.

Because on her client, it registers both of us as ready, she gets into a match. On my client, it shows me waiting on her to ready up, so I don't get to be in the lobby.

On the friends list, it shows me playing the game on her screen, but she's not playing the game on my screen.

We tried restarting the game multiple times because usually that would fix it, but it wasn't the case today.

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 113
    Options

I have the same issue. My friend and I are from the same TOWN, so you can see how close we are. But these last few days we could not play swf. Whatever is happening is not in sync. Privately we'd see eachother in lobby. We'd click ready and suddenly Im loaded in a lobby without her in it. And she'd get the same. We'd leave the lobby we have to try and sort the issue, but we cant get in a game together.

In my friend list, she'd be listed as "Online" and not "In Game" despite her being in the game.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

I've just had the same issue, my friend saw himself in my lobby and I couldn't see him. We're both Steam users.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,776
    edited September 2022
    Options

Having the same issue right now with two friends. We are on PS4.

• WhaleBlubber
    WhaleBlubber Member Posts: 10
    Options

I've also been having the same issue for the past few days.

• Rybe
    Rybe Member Posts: 44
    Options

Same issue here on steam. It'll show friends as online but not in game, and all attempts to send invites don't appear for one party or the other. And sometimes it'll work and one person will be in a party with the other, and the other doesn't see them as in a party, and if we hit ready we'll not que in game together...

Restarted our computer/the client like a billion times and it finally worked.

• Lenny197
    Lenny197 Member Posts: 124
    Options

Same. They always say to me "Ready up" but I only see three when we are a 4 man squad. Turned out when I readied the other guy appeared in the lobby with the killer.

• ralmilk
    ralmilk Member Posts: 3
    Options

My friends and I experienced this last night as well. I played with one friend for 2 hours without issue, but once another friend tried to join us, we couldn't get any lobbies to work from that point forward.

2 of us use Steam, one uses Switch.

• TrinityBabe
    TrinityBabe Member Posts: 27
    Options

I've been having this problem since last Wednesday, although sometimes it won't even let my friend load into my lobby, they just get an 'unknown error' and get booted to the menu. Today we both had to restart our games 3 times to finally be able to join a lobby together.

• ralmilk
    ralmilk Member Posts: 3
    Options

Posting a potential fix just in case it helps others, my friends and I experienced this again yesterday, all restarted the game AND steam once and it was fixed the next time we loaded in. So it could be related to Steam and not just DBD, or it was just happenstance.

• meowkitty
    meowkitty Member Posts: 1
    Options

Me and my friend have been having the same issue, we've restarted the game multiple times, sent the invites via both Epic Games and DBD on PC and it comes up with the same result, we're both in the same country and the internet connection is on point on both sides

• thedoorofhell
    thedoorofhell Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    Options

Rn i have the same issue, can't see my friend, even tho he sees me, epic games/steam, 2023.