I've fallen in love with NOLB+Adrenaline.You dont need to read it but I'm gonna talk about it anyway

lauraa
lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

I only managed to fit in 3 matches of DBD today before work. Lately I've been obsessed with STARS Feng running BT, Guardian, No One Left Behind and Adrenaline in my solo q matches so I queued up with that.

Across these games, both these perks turned 1 guaranteed kill and 2 probable kills into 3 escapes. That's not meant to mean or prove anything, rather it's just the excuse to make this thread cuz I just wanna talk about this combo that I'm having fun with.

I'm not here to claim or prove this combo is good or sleeper meta, I just think it's a comfy setup like Lethal+BBQ.

I normally am not an Adrenaline person. However, with the absolutely BEAUTIFUL buff that BHVR graciously gave to No One Left Behind, NOLB procs immediately as the final gen pops. So, at the exact instant that Adrenaline activates.

Now you get a speed boost+health state and instantly know what's going on. Usually NOLB tells you that you're screwed as no one is going for a Gate and everybodys self caring/hiding in lockers however that info itself is still useful haha.

When that's not the case, it's a great inverse Wake Up! as you know exactly where to go. If there's a healthy survivor along the way and it's not an insta down killer, I admit I do kinda force a bodyblock with the perma aura readings however it means we all get out safely. It's so clutch!

Last week I watched a survivor twitch replay where we were all on Deathhook except Meg against Wesker on Ironworks at 2 gens left and then he killed 2 people. I just hopped on a gen and prayed, got discovered and downed. Naturally, the killer can't just graciously 3k and has to slug me for the 4k so I just chill.

While I was slugged, the Meg managed to complete 2 generators which procc'd my Adrenaline. The Gen got the Meg discovered and slugged. i hid for a long time until she got hooked because I know a sluggy killer when I see one and I hate rewarding that. Both the Exit Gates were on the same side and basically right next to each other.

Wesker also had Terminus which meant Theres a 0% chance of breaching those gates with a patrolling killer.

Now, you would think I'd book it to a gate and dip like a potato chip. Both the streamer and the Wesker thought as much, but nah I hid in a locker. Ofc I got called useless for wasting their sacrifice. I sure looked like a derpy Feng. However, joke was on Wesker because I knew going for a gate was useless. The only way of escape was to save the Meg.

By saving the Meg, I ensured my own survival against a killer sided Escape with Terminus. All I had to do was lure Wesker with the loud AF moans of Feng. My aura reading prevented me from sandbagging the Meg, and with the Wesker on me that allowed Meg to book it for the Gate. At that point I just had to do a circuit around the Ironworks factory and throw myself at the Meg and just pray that she's ready to go, and that I even make it. I made it by a hair.

That match was by all rights a Hatch Match for the Meg. She didn't need to play into my Adrenaline and coulda left me to die since we were at 2 gens. But still, Adrenaline alone couldn't have pulled it off. That aura reading is so satisfying to see that I rambled on and made a huge ass thread about it.

And I completely forgot to mention since it wasn't relevant that NOLB lets you unhook faster which is huge for end game saves. That's why BT and Guardian makes the end game Hero plays even funnier is because the unhooked person just flies off into the sunset, never to be seen again.(except by me ofc, because I'm running NOLB 😎)

Sorry, I'll stop.

Comments