Do you remember when killer said they wouldnt camp if they got buffs and other things are easier?

Options

Fun times.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I knew this would happen tbh.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

The wrong things were buffed... IMO

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

For ones: yeah, not everyone said so, but I indeed dont camp and only occasional tunnel when I am up against a particular nasty group of survivors.

That being said, I also think that a fair share of those premium campers are salty survivors, who tried killer for the first time and are either going through the normal stages or definitely want to prove something, ie "I am on a 32+ win streak just by camping and tunneling."

I know that at least in my MMR bracket, camping and tunneling would solve nothing and just lead to me being laughed at, getting 0k.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

To be fair, I don't even pay mind to 99% of killers. Usually they're just doing their job, and despite most of them playing extremely toxic, they're still a killer whose job is to kill you.

I blame survivors. They're guilty in most cases: Because they don't repair, they waste time, and go down in 10 seconds.

Then again, if a survivor with 200 hours get matched with a tournament Blight, is it really their fault?

So, I guess, it's Behaviour's fault ultimately.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322
    Options

I see the argument "its their job to kill you".

Well actually, their job is to sacrefice you. These days i see a lot of slugging, camping on the ground and moris. And from the lore standpoint, definetly 2 survivors should escape, so their hope is not compromised. The entity doesnt want 4k's. Or 4 escapes for example.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

Sacrificing is a way to kill a survivor.

Since MMR counts any kill as a kill it doesn't really matter how a killer kills you. Not to say that rank based matchmaking was better, but rank based matchmaking did at least incentives hooks as in order to pip you needed to hook survivors several times.

So as far as the current state of the game goes, the only thing a killer is required to do is kill survivors whether that's by sacrifice, letting them bleed out, or with your own hands.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322
    Options

I actually miss the old system, beside sometimes with some sweaty games, overall it had some casual good ones on both sides.

Miss these days.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    edited September 2022
    Options

TBF, if I'm remembering correctly the original argument was that if there were changes that made camping less impactful and there were changes to really reward going for more hooks, than camping wouldn't be so rampant. Now, the basekit changes ironically made camping even stronger.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

I wasn't saying there was a hivemind or that all killers thought this. I was saying, however, that the original argument that had been said frequently in the community a while back was more in the lines of what I said in my previous response.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yeah, I never believed it. People will play how they want, no matter what.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    Options

It's funny cause the exact same people say now there should be an incentive to leave the hook instead of any form of punishment - guess why LOL

Even if they added any kind of incentive tomleave hooks, people would still camp and tunnel. They are just scared BHVR is gonna add something that is actually gonna punish them.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Yeah, and I won't see as much camping as before lol

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I see you post a lot and you often twist yourself into pretzel shapes to come up with the most absurd theories about survivors. Those “premium campers” aren’t salty survivors; they’re killers exploiting an efficient kill mechanic.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

You act like the small minority of players that actually come to the forums represent the mass majority of players that don’t. Lol

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

We still haven't got that buff. You tell me killers can win at top level without camping, you're living in a dream world.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,569
    Options
  • TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options

Don’t rush the hook while the killer just hooked survivor,don’t let killer know your right there ready to pounce when he turns his back.It’s not camping if survivors play overly empathetic.Don’t get right back in the face of a killer just because you have bt off the hook,I guarantee I will hit through it and knock you again,that’s not tunneling.If all the other survivors are using all the stealth perks and never showing themselves,I will tunnel the crap out of the survivor I can find and I will sit at hook till the other survivors are brave enough to show themselves.The object of the game is for killer to kill survivors or survivors get out.Survivors can make up their little rule book about camping and tunneling and giving hatch ,whatever!I will do what I have to do to complete my objective!

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

Oh yeah, the good old excuse lol. who fell for that anyway ? It was just an excuse for bad skill and being lazy to learn how to chase and pressure.

• Pulsar
    Options

You aren't saying anything new.

If you play a meme build as Freddy against Survivors who are sentient and run meta perks, you're probably gonna lose and you really should. Not every Killer needs to be Nurse or Blight and be able to 4K with meme builds against meta players.

All you've said is, "If people run meta and I don't, I won't have as good of a chance to win with Killers that aren't extremely strong."

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2022
    Options

maybe because the current situation is even worse than before? a couple of slightly buffs won't compensate in the slightest all the nerfs that killer perks got, add the MAIN fact that maps nowday are so broken that now you can easily won a match by simply throwing mindlessly pallets, without even looping and you'll get why killers still camp and tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86VgOyKm9HU

• Pulsar
    Options

I've watched 30 seconds and I've already seen this person incorrectly label a pre-drop.

Also, idk who they are.

Also, Killer got a pretty sizeable buff last patch.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

neither i know who he is, but that's not the point. The point is that maps actually are so survivor side that if you are aganist people who do gens and predrop, you'll lose badly. you also cannot expect that everyone is on otz level of skill, and honestly that survivor didn't impressed me at all regarding skill. Add the fact that now gens are FASTER than before despite they added 10 seconds due to certain perks (hyperfocus and stake out) and you'll get the idea... those buffs for the killers were only a SMALL lenient, perfect for boosting low mmr kills, but in the meantime they only worsened the situation on higher levels (and as you can see in the video even in low mmr things goes in that way if survivors do their job)

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,898
    edited September 2022
    Options

Not me. I've had discussions with people here on the forum wayyy before the huge buff to killers (disagreeing with them). I really don't know why anyone would believe that killers would magically camp/tunnel less simply because of some buffs. It's not gonna happen.

The only way to make killers do it less is to make it more punishing. Those tactics shouldn't be as rewarding as they currently are.

Post edited by IronKnight55 on
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

No, I do not remember that. I remember saying I would face camp you regardless. And I ain't evah lie.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,117
    Options

Nonono, the NEXT sweeping survivor nerfs/killer buffs will make them camp and tunnel less, trust me!

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

"Frequently"

Like a couple of dozen people on the forums. Out of the million+ playerbase

Even if the entire forum agreed to something you still wouldn't have even a fraction of the community

Almost anything that is said here is largely irrelevant to the larger picture

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

sure thing,,then they released that abomination of a perk called hyperfocus,,,funny how a survivor can solo a gen in 45 secs with proper build

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

We know how to chase and pressure. It stops working after a certain point, at which point camping and tunneling gets better results. If you lose 3 gens in the first 2 chases, what's the point of going for chases? This is what happens when you balance around kills instead of hooks.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I am at work right now, but I will tag this in order to respond later to this, because you speak a lot of truth and thus basically mirrors my own experience.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

To be fair, they are talking about "Specific Killers" ... like making Myers better for example etc, making M1 Killers better, bringing up the tier list for trapper and other low tier killers... that's what they were referring to, which didn't happen...

Most of those killers are still required to tunnel or camp to get kills if the player is facing equal skill level survivors, at least from my understanding, to be honest I just don't even bother playing those killers usually unless I'm really good with them like Wraith.

I don't camp or tunnel because I find it to be rather boring honestly, I don't play to win anymore I just play to try and have fun trying out different builds, but I will admit that Killers are STILL not strong enough in their current state to face GOOD higher level SWF Survivors, not even close, unless they play using cheap tactics.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    Options

I didn't initially, when chases would end fast due to players using new DH and DS very inefficiently and being bad at chase, with Prove Thyself and tool boxes not being EVERY single game.

Now that chases take basically the same exact amount of time if not longer and that gens are technically going the same speed as before with Prove, it's a lot harder to play nice and not tunnel and slug.

In the first two weeks that people sucked at using Dead Hard and the meta was fresh, it was very understandable to want Killers to play nice and even possible. Then Killers still used old 6.1.0 Thana...... As Plague, Legion, Nurse and Blight......

If you want Killers to chill and play nice, stop doing GENS. If you want to not be a threat to Killers, be as useless to your team as possible and you won't get tunneled.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options
  • GooseMan
    GooseMan Member Posts: 104
    Options

Heah, except killer was buffed only on low mmr, since those killer buffs mean nothing against skilled survivors

Dead Hard was nerfed, but good survivors still pull it consistently

DS was nerfed, but good survivors are using OTR instead so doesn't matter

Basekit BT, effectively extra perk slot for survivors

Gen time increased, but now you have a free slot for Prove Thyself or Hyperfocus

Self-care nerfed, COH is still busted, nothing changed

So we mostly have m1 cooldown reduced and pallet breaking speed increased which is strong against survivors who don't know where to run and how to loop, but it means nothing if someone is looping you into oblivion in double window house on Haddonfield

And Haddonfield and other survivor-sided maps were left untouched

Also, endurance meta makes tunneling kinda appealing. If you slap someone right after unhooking that's a person who doesn't have OTR or Dead Hard anymore.