Addressing Cheater's

Best Video addressing Cheaters so far. Shout out to SpookyLoopz for saying what we all want to.

Comments

• RoninW0lf
    RoninW0lf Member Posts: 5

Your concern has been duly noted.

Rating Summary, Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language

This is an action-horror game in which players engage in multiplayer matches as either a killer or one of four survivors. As survivors, players traverse levels using a third-person perspective to find a way out while avoiding detection. Survivors emit splashes of blood when attacked and leave pools of blood on the ground when injured. As the killer, players must find the survivors, from a first-person perspective, before they escape each level. Killers can use various weapons (e.g., chainsaws, cattle hammers, bone saws) and/or hang survivors on meat hooks around levels to kill them. Killers can also perform various finishing attacks (e.g., throat ripping, disemboweling, chainsaw impalement) to kill wounded survivors; in rare instances, red chunks of flesh are depicted during death animations. The words “f**k” and “sh*t” appear in the dialogue.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

Whilst I do agree that removing DC penalties for everyone is a bad idea allowing streams who apply for it have no DC penalty would be fine. Last time this topic came up in regarding to streamers having no DC penalties resulted in so many people moaning "Thats unfair that only they should get no DC penalty".

bottom line is Cheaters target streamers. for general players like use we are very unlikely to even see a cheater. I have never been in a match against a cheater unless its a subtle cheater which i couldnt care less about.

However

What I don't agree with is your statement saying that they should just upload games and not live stream it. Live streaming is their full time job. Yes most streamers (not all) also upload to youtube but majority of their revenue comes from live streaming on twitch. I think its unfair to just outrite say "well don't stream the games and just upload them".

Streamers shouldn't have to stop doing what they love just because a select group of kids decide they want to ruin it. Behavior needs to address this and address it NOW or they are going to find that all streamers are going to use their influence in the community to stop people playing which will have a massive impact on the game.

• Ciabe
    Ciabe Member Posts: 119

I haven't dug far into streamer income, but I do know most of the big names get 10-50k views for each youtube upload which is far more than they have live on Twitch. So the big names aren't exactly struggling.

That said, I don't know that it is really BHVR's problem to make sure streamers can optimally monetize their activities. It is in BVHR's interest to have positive content created that indirectly promotes their product obviously. However, I'm not sure how much obligation they are under to cater to them. Software developers burn money like a wildfire and chasing down exceptional exploits that primarily affect .01% of your playerbase might not be the best return on that money. Most games just handle cheating reactively with the reporting system, getting banned and having to rebuy the game usually filters them out fast enough (counter strike always had cheating surge after Steam sales would take price down to $1-3 per key). I'm unsure why that mechanism isn't work well in DBD while it is adequate in many other FPS games.

So in the meantime, if creators want to make content they still can. If the big name live streamers have to take a break from live broadcast...I'm not shedding a tear. If anything opens up opportunity for small name streamers.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Some fair points but the game should move to full server authority. It's the most objective and fair solution. With the server being the authority, a lot of these cheats would be DOA.

Now on the topic of it being their full-time job, that's true and for some this is their sole source of income. Their influence is limited at best, what are they going to do? Stop streaming? Guess what, the game will go on.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,252

Just had another cheater in low/med mmr

He had instant full life after being unhooked, no one had for the people and the only one with a medkit was downed as he got unhooked.

I also think he had run speed cheat, but thats just a feeling, i have no proof of that.