BHVR, please don't give into these streamer demands and shift focus to changes that only affect them

2»

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I am sorry but you shouldn’t ignore a cheater problem in any game period, if something exists that uses third party software to intentionally ruin someone’s game or even be used to aid in DDOSing people through the game, you need to focus on fixing that flat out as ignoring it makes you look as if you don’t care about said problem

To also add onto this, most of those people probably have faced a cheater and haven’t even noticed

• Gaboozle
    Gaboozle Member Posts: 28

I'm sorry, but this isn't affecting the community as a whole

No, I always meet plenty of cheaters every single day.

I have never been held hostage but, I've found survivors getting downed and just disappearing to the unknown abyss.

Not only that, I've found a lot of killers using speed hacks. And also 2 killers in a match...

So it is definitely a problem for everyone in the community, not just streamers.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

You would be surprised by the number of "subtle" cheaters in your games.

Not all cheaters go full on rambo flying around the map. Some will just have 2-3% more speed, others with wallhacks.

Though i agree with not focusing all attention on 1% of community but lets agree that content creators/streamers play an important role in keeping this game alive and create a good hype for the community.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635

Are you saying that BHVR shouldn't do more about cheaters and hackers? You are right that the issues streamers are complaining about are mostly exclusive to them but they just illustrate the kind of powers cheaters can have in this game. What other game is there that cheaters can hold players hostage? This post makes you kind of suspicious.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,439

Man, this is really an L take, like even for the forums, this has to be bait.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

I've seen more cheaters in the last 5 months than i have in my first two years of playing this game combined.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

???

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

Nahh you're trippin. You don't have to stream or even play the game 24/7 to be at or above the MMR soft-caps and encounter the cheaters that hang out in that bracket. Its not always blatant either which is the biggest issue, its a popular enough problem to the point where even basic plays start becoming questionable

When people are turning on unlimited Sprint Burst when they think people aren't watching, Prove Thyself, Saboteur etc. Killers having aura reading without aura reading without actually having the perks/items/addons equipped its an issue. People are doing their best to stay lowkey while only the real petty people are taking games hostage and making their cheat-menus obvious

They should fix this ASAP, screw whatever this OP is talking about lol they sound sus anyway

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,846

Are you kidding me? I see a cheater every 4 matches or so. It's ridiculous, and you saying not to give into their demands to have a stronger anti-cheat is very telling.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

From a business standpoint streamers are like salesmen for your product,,streamers being unhappy with how games turn out with cheaters and being forced to endure being held hostage or taking dc penalties make your product look really bad to potential customers,,Also may i ask what other thing should they prio before cheaters ?

• Ciabe
    Ciabe Member Posts: 119

What to prioritize first? How about new content, new features (ai players?), balance (perk updates, map fixes), new events? Every game has cheaters, they are only being targeted because they are live streaming. I picked up this game from their content uploaded to youtube. Watching live is boring like watching live broadcast tv...not to mention impossible as a parent with kids when you can't dedicate more than 5-10 mins at a time to watch something.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Content? wesker just came out

AI ? who wants to play vs AI except when trying a new killer?

Balance ? we recently had a huge update where most meta perks got nerfed / though some perks are out of control after it ( stbfl ,regress perk stacking / prove thyself + hyperfocus + stake out )

Map i do agree need to be adressed for the vast majority of them

But cheaters make you look bad ,and no not every game has cheaters and if they do they are way rarer,,the amount of cheaters in dbd taking account its playerbase is pretty big and i don't see maps gettin reworked in the near future even though some of them are really really problematic,be it easy 3 gens,shiton of pallets or their size in general

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171

You are making no sense. Playing survivor I had one match with an obvious cheater. Playing as killer I had a match that I have clearly lost. I record my matches and rewatched this match. And there were some situations that seemed very suspicious and inexplicable to me. Therefore, I suspect that they were cheaters.

Of course, we currently have a cheater flood. No one can deny it. To deny it would be a folly. It's mostly players in high MMR that are affected, hence all content creators that play in that area. And if a game has a massive cheater problem that is not solved, you as a player never know if when you lose, you lost regularly or if cheats were in play. And that can break a game.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2022

Reddit mostly is average/low MMR and console. As a Steam player who never streamed his whole life I encounter at least one blatant cheater once every 2 days or so. There absolutely is a cheating epidemic in this game.

• Toaster427
    Toaster427 Member Posts: 120

The amount of people who are unable to see the point of my argument is absurd, this is actually funny as hell lmao.

No, I'm not a cheater, never cheated a in online multiplayer game and I hate them just as much as ya'll do. I'll spell my main point out clearer because obviously it flew right over most of your heads.

BHVR has a priority list of things they have planed to work on. They shared that with us multiple times during their twitch events.

They are prioritized because the Dev team can't do everything at once, so they rack and stack items and push them out in that order.

Cheating is a non-issue for the majority of the community, those of you who are claiming you face a cheater often are outright lying to yourselves. The Reddit post mentioned polled people's responses and a VERY large majority of the community rarely encounters a cheater in their matches. This is a streamer problem, and streamers make up a VERY small portion of the community playing this game.

MY POINT WAS, I would really like for BHVR not to shift focus on something like this and push other improvements that would be much more beneficial to the community as a whole rather than cater to just the streamer community.

To put it in perspective, BHVR spent time and money implementing this stupid ass streamer mode that literally benefits nobody but streamers...that time and money could have been spent working on Solo Queue interface improvements.....something the entire community could have benefited from and have been requesting for years now.

shesh...you guys really should learn to read and stop being so quick to grab pitchforks.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Played 5 games a week ago and two was cheaters holding game hostage. Have not played since.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Development isn't the breakfast club, they don't all sit in the same room going around the circle one problem at a time. Prioritization just means that topic has the biggest ratio of resources applied to it. You don't have to put everything on halt to address this issue, and its one thats been ignored for too long. Game confidence is extremely important because it has a very strong connection with player retention. The issue needs to be fixed, but more importantly, people's faith in their progress needs to be redoubled. That doesn't mean that any other aspects should be ignored, just that this one's progress is extremely underwhelming.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Actually against anti cheating?

You good?

"name when I defended the cheaters"

Literally your post.

Streamers want better protection against Cheaters. You're saying don't listen to them.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    edited September 2022

there is a cheater problem and increasingly so. The only reason to defend it is if you are a cheater yourself. There is a huge problem right now, and my guess is that most problems are tied to free DbD game giveaways, since cheaters basically cheat without any drawback, they don't need to buy a new game each time they are caught. And YES it must be addressed. ASAP. Because while each multiplayer game does have occasional cheaters here and there, DbD stand out at this moment with it's cheating occurrence. And it does harm the game.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2022

The only people who would say something like this are the people who use these hacks. Some serious cringe my guy.

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

so you want BHV to ignore the people who advertise their game by playing them to thousands of people?

did you really think before making this post?

my theory is you woke up thinking how smart you were to think this and how everyone should read what you had to say and this is what came out.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 685
    edited September 2022

I play since August 2018 and i saw around 3 or 4 Hackers since then. BUT, i saw 2 hackers in the last 2 weeks, so, i dont need talk to much more.

• Voodewcat
    Voodewcat Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2022

Constantly seeing streamers hacked back to back, I've also encountered multiple hackers over the past few weeks. It's getting out of hand and BHVR needs to address it. So, respectfully, I disagree with you OP- saying that nothing needs to be done and they would just be catering. Kindly, get off your high horse.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545

Cheaters don't bother me that much, especially since I don't play killer except rarely. It's actually interesting for me to see how fast the killer can take me up through oblivion and drop me back down to earth... I've only experienced maybe 3 cheaters throughout my whole 4 years of playing this game, I'd like to keep it that way.

• Frys_Dog
    Frys_Dog Member Posts: 93

Did you paid your monthly subscription recently and don't want your money to be wasted?

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

lol

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I’m not going to say you’re cheating/saying it isn’t a problem, but when you call streamers asking for the anti cheat to be improved, a thing that would benefit the entire player base, “demands and changes that only affect them” I start to wonder if you type and speak before you think, OR have more sinister reasons for doing so

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 314

Clearly this person is a low to mid MMR killer. Get a higher MMR and then we will talk. It happens a lot and it's very frustrating.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366

Just because you haven't doesn't mean others haven't. I play with friends who are streamers and so I see it quite often because they end up getting targeted.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I must have baby MMR on survivor because I haven't come across a hacker since Nemesis came out, although I ran into a singular one recently while playing killer

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

This post is sus as ####. "Supposed" cheater epidemic? Do you play this game? I had a Jonah teleport vanish mid chase just yesterday.

Content creators for this game being held hostage for 2 hours on a regular basis by mouth-breathing degenerates is neither cute nor funny.

They have a list! And a Discord!

Remember how stream snipers basically ruined hard-core survivor season 1?

How does more effective anti-cheat not benefit the entire community?

What an odd thing to take issue with.

• badrepo
    badrepo Member Posts: 93

I hope you don’t mean to imply that the hacker situation should not be addressed.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

It's a 5 minute penalty at first. When you play the game for a living and consider the fact that cheaters can instantly plop their worthless asses in your lobby at the touch of button the situation becomes more dire.

If a targeted streamer disconnected from every match with a cheater how long would it be until their matchmaking ban meant they basically couldn't stream the game, all for some basement dwelling Incels amusement?

No BHVR needs better anti-cheat, and soon. Before this problem turns into an actual crisis.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Bhvrs silence towards it's community while posting topics in a way that says "things are fine over here" is growing more more concerning to me as a gamer with a foot out the door already.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Cheaters have been a problem for a long time now and it's only getting worse. There needs to be a better anti-cheat system implemented.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

@Toaster427

Putting aside how nearly everyone that's posted so far disagrees with you about how big a deal cheaters are, there is no good reason not to prioritize dealing with them, even if it slows down development in other areas.

• Necromancer_Yoda
    Necromancer_Yoda Member Posts: 22

this is why I come to the forums

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I don't believe they are asking for gameplay changes.

• Dem34888
    Dem34888 Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2022

Just shad up guys, BHVR has been announced a new BP and Shards event

P.S. Twitchers, YouTubers and other content makers are increase DBD popularity, who will want to play as Survivor / Killer if here're a lot cheaters that can ruin your fun?

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 431

Oop, found a cheater.

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 218

2k+ hours. Seen 2 cheaters. That's hardly a problem.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Honestly just remove the DC penalty for everyone.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Yeah it's condescending posts like these that make me realize I don't care about being mean when I say things. You're basically saying to ignore a very clearly obvious problem because it's not happening to you. That has got to be the dumbest statement I've ever heard someone manifest in these forums.