Just be quiet and wait for the PTB

Options
Duvie
Duvie Member Posts: 80
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

All these hundreds of posts complaining and arguing when we haven't even been able to try it yet. It's not even 100% gonna happen its just something they wanna try out for a PTB. Relax ๐Ÿ˜ช

Comments

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 191
    Options

I agree with this. I don't doubt there will be changes once it's tested out. Some of the comments have been humorous, lol.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

I mean, you're right, but having concerns is also valid.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

And then watch the flood gates crumble with posts of salt from players describing their matches

Obviously Survivors are going to try out Unbreakable (that's a given)... but the other three perks are up in the air (for the most part)

Hopefully Maps are the next big thing to get changed (again)

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited September 2022
    Options

I reserve the right to complain as what I'm complaining about is not even those major changes, just that they removed the esthetics of Devour xD

No need to try it out to feel the loss haha...

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,764
    Options

How something works on paper and how something works in practice are two very different things, we can have concerns about what is written on said paper, but we won't know if those concerns are actually valid or not until we get to see it in action for ourselves

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options
  • Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

This is an attempt to silence the very valid concerns that anyone beyond a few hundred hours will have about this kind of massive killer nerf.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

If I had extensive knowledge of such things and I told you poop tasted bad would you take my word for it or be inclined to try it yourself, just for confirmation?

๐Ÿคจ

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and was a defender of MMR in the initial planning phases and they proved me wrong there so unless some of the massively awful situations that could arise from this PTB are addressed (which we won't know until it goes live) I'm gonna be incredibly skeptical of BHVRs base changes. Still gonna reserve any concrete judgements until it's announced but thinking of the things that these changes can mess with in terms of balance and knowing how slow BHVR are with their balance changes has me concerned.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

Thank you. Unfortunately you are very correct about non-reactionary posts.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,649
    Options

Alright, got a hypothetical for you.

Devs announce tomorrow that they're bringing back no-hook moris. That's the mori rework; it's 2016 again and we're going back to first-down kills if you bring a mori. Do you think we should wait until the PTB to complain, and that all complaints about this course of action are invalid until we test this out on the PTB? Or is it already clear this is a really bad and unfun decision?

My belief is that while the PTB serves an important purpose, it is not necessary as a gatekeeping function to know that a bad idea is a bad idea, or that something can be exploited, or that a change just never needed to happen in the first place.

Also, they almost never make significant changes from PTB to live, so the fear that it'll make it to live is extremely valid.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

We can't imagine these changes playing out any different from what has been said already.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Don't forget for a large portion of the playerbase there is no PTB, so we feel obigated to get our opinion out there, and only get to wait for things to be changed.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Do not worry, people will also point out that the changes are bad during the PTB too.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    Options

It's not even going live next update. People really going full smooth when there is gonna be plenty of time to test and change things.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2022
    Options

Get used to it. It is a screenshot of today, why would someone play killer after this patch?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I don't even think that is what BHVR is asking for, they love releasing PTB stuff earlier and I doubt that's just for hype.

Trying to silence feedback when that is likely to be what devs are looking for seems strange move.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

This update really has me wondering just who is upvoting what comments. Wish there was a way to tell.

• Nasyr
    Nasyr Member Posts: 14
    Options

I just posted in another thread about this but discussing with friends it feels this update (from initial context) isn't going to be good in my eyes. The wrong perks got reworked. Unbreakable should have been left alone and Kindred added as a default, whilst Kindred is active the killer perk Insidious will not activate whilst in Kindred range. Remove hook camping to a degree and unbreakable wouldn't be needed as much for slugging. Killer has to push off or just be constantly known whilst other survs do whatever.