The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead By Daylight Movies (Just a thought)

Ok, so I know DBD has released teaser trailers and stuff like that for the upcoming chapters, but wouldn't it be cool if these ideas inspired movies? I'll discuss possible storylines and plots for each killer that could eventually lead to the making of a movie, or possibly a short film.

The Trapper-

Backstory: Evan MacMillan idolised his father. It wasn't just that he was heir to a great fortune, it was the way he ran the estate. Raised under his firm hand, Evan had taken to running the workforce with an iron hand. Production was always high and the MacMillan Estate prospered under father and son.

As Archie MacMillan's mental health slowly disintegrated, Evan protected him from the herd who wanted a piece of the fortune. No matter what his father asked of him, Evan would do.

When Archie MacMillan finally snapped, Evan became his enforcer in what would become known as the worst mass murder in modern history. They never proved that Evan lead over a hundred men into those dark tunnels before detonating the explosives and sealing them to their fate.The tale of the MacMillan Estate is a tale of wealth and power gone very wrong.

How many victims fell to the hands of father and son is unknown. No record is ever made of what became of Evan MacMillan. His father is another unsolved puzzle, found trapped in the locked basement of his own warehouse - starved and abandoned.

Movie/short film ideas: I believe this movie should just solely be based on the maddening of Evan Macmillan. It should show how he evolves and becomes the Trapper. The trappers mask should be adapted in the movie as more of a welding mask, since he works on things. Archie fears Evan, but Evan really cares for and protects Archie even after his transformation, One day while Archie is returning home, the Entity comes from the sky and takes him to the trial where he waits to kill anyone who trespasses on the imaginary Macmillan estate in fear of them trying to get the fortune.

Possible Title: Becoming Evan, but E is flipped around

Lemme know what you guys think and I'll add more killers in the coming days :) No hate plz.

Comments

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2019

I had an idea about something like this. It would be to showcase each of the origins of the killers in the game. Although the title for The Trapper wouldn't be "Becoming Evan" if anything it should just be "The Trapper". Same goes for all the other movie titles.

As far as the plot-line for The Trapper goes, it could be about a young journalist who goes to the ironwork to expose Archie Macmillan in the midst of a strike that is happening due to the poor treatment of the miners. Now this journalist is out to expose Archie, so he takes part in the mining operations and makes a few friends, At this time Archie begins to suspect people are out to get him, and enlists his son and enforcer, Evan to take out these people and stop the strike by any means necessary. This causes Evan and the journalist to butt heads to the point to where he nearly kills him. These coming events would then lead to what all has happened in the lore of The Trapper.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    Yeah, I’d like short films similar to that of Overwatch.
  • Jake5926
    Jake5926 Member Posts: 17

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    I had an idea about something like this. It would be to showcase each of the origins of the killers in the game. Although the title for The Trapper wouldn't be "Becoming Evan" if anything it should just be "The Trapper". Same goes for all the other movie titles.

As far as the plot-line for The Trapper goes, it could be about a young journalist who goes to the ironwork to expose Archie Macmillan in the midst of a strike that is happening due to the poor treatment of the miners. Now this journalist is out to expose Archie, so he takes part in the mining operations and makes a few friends, At this time Archie begins to suspect people are out to get him, and enlists his son and enforcer, Evan to take out these people and stop the strike by any means necessary. This causes Evan and the journalist to butt heads to the point to where he nearly kills him. These coming events would then lead to what all has happened in the lore of The Trapper.

Dude that is so much better than what I thought of and like your idea is on point :)

• Jake5926
    Jake5926 Member Posts: 17

@KillerRaccoon said:
    Yeah, I’d like short films similar to that of Overwatch.

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines too

• Miss_Morbid
    Miss_Morbid Member Posts: 3
    I've had the same idea! Like, a whole DbD series of movies, each one about a different killer and their origin. It's a great idea that would be absolutely amazing if it came into existence.