We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Game doesn't give enough credit for taking all the hits

Fac_attack
Fac_attack Member Posts: 24
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

On average I find that I get far more points for escaping and playing distant than being the fall guy who gets in long chase for the rest to escape.

Ended too many matches which this was the case, and I was the only one dead. Any time this happens I get the lowest amount of blood points, even if I get in chases all game and last until the very last gen is done.

If I play selfishly and escape, I usually get the most.

From this to daily rituals, the incentive systems in this game suck. Guess I'll bait others and just save myself as that's clearly what the developers want me to do 🤷‍♂️

Comments

• Fac_attack

Well at least the systems align with that very crappy opinion about their own game.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I feel like the survivor bloodpoint system could definitely need some changes. I for one also dislike how you get almost double points for repairing gens with another survivor than by yourself, even though that is not the more effective way to repair gens in a lot of cases.

• Fac_attack
    edited September 2022

Agreed, that second surv is better off distracting killers and buying more time, but of course that more logical strategy is not rewarded through blood points.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Yeah or splitting up on gens. Though I do believe that splitting up isn't always the best option, it surely is in a lot of cases.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

True. Survivor do not gain enough for chases.

I had a game the other day with a guy who looped the killer for literally 5 gens, and he somehow had the least amount of points among all of us because we plowed gens and had cooperation points while he only had chase and the odd pallet stun.

• panpansanda
    panpansanda Member Posts: 1

I know I’m a bit late to the party, but I came here looking for this exact complaint. I just ran the killer for 5 gens and died in the end with 13k bps. I had the most points bc the rest of my teammates were potatoes, but wow that is not fair or reflective of what I contributed. The skill issue is with the killer for not giving up the chase.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I often escape as the only player but barely score more than the 3rd placed player as I kept my nose clean, evaded the killer, did my job and got out 😅

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,268
    edited September 2022

First off, that's not the case. Their stance is that if you are a skilled survivor, you will escape more on average. Therefore an average of escapes/deaths is a metric of skill.

It's not an entirely accurate gauge of skill, but it's not as glib as everyone cries about.

Secondly. How is the game supposed to tell if you tanked a hit on purpose to save someone else, versus getting hit by accident because you were outplayed?

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

This is honestly one of the most bizarre things they've ever said. Let's say you're a survivor who manages to loop the killer for a substantial amount of time and the gens all pop; when you finally get caught, you get facecamped and die on hook. Is that really less skilled than a Nea that Urban Evades around the map for the whole match and manages to escape either through the hatch, or because the team took all the heat and she hides until the exit gates are opened? Same with killers, is it really more skilled to get a 2k through face camping than getting 12 hooks but all 4 survivors escaping?

• Fac_attack

I'm with you!

Iwas just playing as Pig and wreaked havock on this team, except for this one guy who owned me in pallet plays and loops. I chased him for an entire 3 gens and was so pissed off lol.

I finally downed and hooked her, and then his dumbass teammates poorly timed a save and I ended up 4king them. The Kate who I chased got like 10k while the rest got like 15-17k

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

The same thing happens if you do most of the gens.

There have been games where other people are getting chased and I'm doing most of the gens on my own and I get the lowest amount, although I basically advanced the objective of the game. Doing gens by yourself should award more Bloodpoints.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

I know developers fear malicious elitism, but it would be nice to have a numerical value for how much you contributed in the Results. I would be kind of happy if that would lead to recognition.

For example, time spent chasing, generator repair gauge numbers, time spent attracting killers on the hook (and the generator gauge advanced during that time), etc. I would like to give a gold medal to those who did the best. Those who escape without doing anything may get nothing.