Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So when do we realise that blaming an entire side of the community gets us knowhere

gregbydaylight
gregbydaylight Member Posts: 19
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Like seriously I hear so often

Toxic Survivors and Toxic Killers but really from my experience playing I've seen some genuinely nice survivors and killers than I've seen the opposite

I always hear a side getting blamed but honestly sometimes Killers play a bit more aggressive because they were clicked at and butt danced the match prior

Also maybe the survivor is clicking and Butt dancing because they were slugged and tunneled the match prior

I also find the double standards a bit funny. Base kit unbreakable is so horrible because it's meant to combat Slugging yet fast Clicks being gone is good because now survivors have yet another way of getting back at the killer removed

On the one hand I'm happy as killer players with epilepsy problems will be much safer but

Maybe give us back DS so it isn't useless and least this way we get some sort of satisfaction from getting back at the killer for playing so annoyingly

At the end of the day I play both sides I see the struggles and fun of both

I typically only Tunnel and Click/Butt Dance when the opposite side decides that being annoying is fun

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,638

This can be asked for people in general lol. People are always blaming each other.

• gregbydaylight

True true

I just want to have fun with the game but I had some genuinely atrocious games tonight as survivor as killer pretty good to be fair

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Actually, it's the devs fault that this game is so ass and we should be blaming them for creating the most unique game every made that's attracted 10s of millions of players and actually put purpose into my life.

(Sarcastic joke btw)

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Typical XYZ Main post

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

the game will be dead before this community grows up

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

It makes good popcorn entertainment on the forums.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

It's tribalism.

It's human nature to act this way but unfortunately we don't check ourselves enough so that it won't blind us to the other side.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Well it's been over 6 years so if they haven't learned now I doubt they ever will.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2022

The toxicity however isnt as present as before. The Deadhard-Change itself was a real healing progress.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

I think it's something that happens in any videogame.

You see it in DbD in a more prominent way because of the nature of the game and the two clearly different roles, but it happens pretty much everywhere.

People just don't take responsibilities for their own mistakes or shortcomings and blame others or the game (I'm guilty of this myself, sometimes the frustration takes over and you blame external factors instead of yourself).

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Got it. I will stop blaming the other side for everything, unless I think it's their fault, which it always is.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

Will never happen, it short tribalism.

People always perceive their own inner 'groups' to be infinitely more complicated and have more to it than groups external to them. It's the limitations of the human condition.

You'd have more luck trying to get people to talk about their limitations as a person than trying to get them to compensate for it unknowingly.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2022

Because it simply doesn't make any sense. Yes, maybe people do play like you said. Maybe killers "play a bit more aggressive because they were clicked at and butt danced the match before" and maybe survivors do the same due to a similar reason. Those people become part of the problem just as much as those who acted that way towards them. If someone beats you up, do you go beat up another random person that had nothing to do with the guy who punched you? If you are stupid, yes, you do that. But if you have some common sense, you can understand that you only need to be toxic against people that are being toxic towards you, in that moment. That's what I do when I play killer. They are toxic? They're gonna get it. The survs WERE toxic in a match before the one I am currently playing? Why would I be toxic towards those who had nothing to do with it? No, killers tunnel, camp and are toxic just because the game allows them to, as they need very little to no skill at all, especially when not facing a full sweat squad. And survivors who act toxic for no particular reason do so because they are in a SWF and want to be the typical keyboard lion. It's really simple as that, and also sad as that.

As a side not, flashlights getting nerfed because of epilepsy is just the fastest excuse BHVR could find, as said epilepsy would simply be the result of the new killer blinding effect they added some years ago. Why not revert it to how it was, simply? Why not tone down the lighting on that? Nah, better to dress it up as something else. It doesn't make a real difference to me, as I don't normally use flashlights. But with this you can see how transparency isn't really a top priority to them.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Most survs are "wholesome" now until the killer plays tactical to win.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I will never understand why people genuinely defend "vent games" like that. If someone gets to the point where that seems like a good idea, take a damn break.

Or if they insist on doing it and defend it on here, I better not see them complaining about opponent(s) being annoying in a later post. Surely they're consistent enough in their belief to assume they're merely doing a "vent game" of their own afterall! I mean, anything else would be pretty hypocritical.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

It's a dev issue tbh, the killer buff from 6.1 was needed but they did it in the wrong way by buffing tunneling and camping massively, 90second gens on top of Cob-eruption-overcharge is extremely boring games last forever, current state of solo Q is pathetic and devs don't seem to care, I don't even play anymore I comeback to read patchnotes and i'm disapointed everytime, more useless junk

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

After all, I am aware that I will play Survivor and Killer no matter what changes are made. I will probably take a break, though.

I love DbD. That is why we do different opinions.

Someone tells me, "Don't make a fuss about something that hasn't started.

Someone tells me, "Don't complain about something that has been decided.

Someone says to me, "Don't interrupt the middle of a project.

Someone says to me, "Don't rehash what has been done.

(second hand from others)

But I have my opinion at all times. I like this forum where I can hear everyone's opinion on it.

Sometimes the comments are sarcastic or angry. That is part of the discussion. It's fun just to watch!

• gregbydaylight

Thank you all for your feedback

I admit I could have explained things better I'm glad everyone was respectful aswell.

At the end of the day I do genuinely love this game I have met many great people because of it. I also do sometimes have a great time. Also Feng she's my love. I want to see this game succeed and have a great future

I wish I could give better constructive feedback because if there is help I could give I would love that