Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This epidemic of campers needs to stop

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 536
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

How it is possible that killers have fun just standing there? This game became just match after match of pathetic campers, there no point in playing anymore,is boring as #########

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,134
    edited October 2022

People throw the word entitled around like a ######### ball.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I am going to say this: You can't really blame people for using camping and tunneling as tactics, as they are simply put very effective. It's BHVR that needs to nerf these tactics, and soon hopefully. Tunneling was addressed at least somewhat in the 6.2.0 update, but DS 100% still needs to be buffed back to have a 5 second stun.

Camping definitely still needs to be addressed at base though at the moment. And I think there would be very simple solutions to doing so. Simply increasing the hook phase duration from 60 to 70 seconds, and removing hook grabs, would go a long way if you ask me. Would it make camping impossible? No, not even close. Camping would arguably still be a usable tactic in some situations. But it would make camping more manageable for survivors, and fairer to go against. They would have a bit more of a fair chance to win against a camping killer, and that is exactly what the game needs at the moment.

I think those 3 changes would also help balance out queue times much better again.

Camping and tunneling surely should be nerfed further in the future as well, but that would probably also require other changes that would benefit killer a bit, at the very least some map balance improvements.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Why even play the game if your just going to stand around and do nothing?

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

People call everything camping. If I walk by a survivor I hooked on my way to a gen I'm camping. If I do anything that's not sit in the furthest possible corner until the unhook happens it's camping.

OP's post has no content. It's not an anecdote. It's not a solution or feedback. It's just that they don't like a nebulous thing that may or may not happen. The blandest complaining possible.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Yep, let's give Killer more buffs to make Tunneling and Camping EVEN EASIER.

Great solution.

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

Your post is just annoying and unnecessary but you still posted it :)

If it helps,maybe loop better so you DONT end up in that situation? Idk,typically people who complain about it just aren't that great at the game. Then again,anything is considered camping even if there's 2 other bozos within 8 meters of the hook lol

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

So the game becomes more fun by dictating or restricting how one side can play while the other has more ways to play without restrictions? I aint a camper,I tunnel but I don't camp. Although that's because the game pretty much becomes easier when you get rid of 1 of the FOUR other players. You know,because 4 people against 1 isn't balanced unless 1 side can take the numbers down into a more manageable level.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 705

Provide killers an incentive not to tunnel and camp and I bet a lot of them won’t tunnel and camp.

BHVR is removing those incentives (e.g. BBQ bloodpoint bonus, Devour Hope moris) because ?????

• Unam
    Unam Member Posts: 118

How on Earth would Grim Embrace basekit Make tunneling easier? I have to hook all 4 Survs ONCE to get all gens blocked.

If I do this, I went out of my way to catch everyone of you once.

And ######### do you mean with more buffs? Survs got a cranked up Version of an essential Perk (BT) into their Basekit, while the perk itself even enchances (DOUBLES!) the effect in EVERY Situation. What did Killers get in this Patch? A crippled basekit version of Pop, while the Perk, even combined with the basekit version is still WORSE than the OG Pop... not to mention that hex ruin is useless now, corrupt got destroyed aswell, overcharge got tuned down due to heavy outcry of survs...

But yeah, I bet you think OG Dead Hard was balanced and healthy for the game...

Ppl like you are the real problem. Playing Powerrole, not understanding the basics of balancing but crying the loudest for nerfs...

Pathetic!

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    edited October 2022

Grim Embrace is weak as hell, its only 40 seconds.

Calling the basekit buff mini pop is an overstatement lol, its only 2.5% regression

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

T

Try playing killer against halfway competent survivors and you’ll quickly understand why camping and tunneling are often required to secure kills.

Against coordinated teams, it is extremely difficult if not impossible to secure kills without some amount of camping and tunneling. If survivors continue to demand having the heavy advantage of coordination via comms, then killers have no choice but to use tactics that survivors are going to find “unfun”.

Stop complaining and try to understand the perspective of the other role. I have been playing a lot more survivor than killer lately and I can completely understand why killers camp and tunnel. Sometimes they have to. If it keeps happening to you, maybe that’s a problem with the way you are playing. Try to not get caught first every match.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

This too. BHVR destroyed one of the most effective anti-camping/tunneling perks in the game with the BBQ nerf

• Unam

Grim Embrace is just the easiest Example. Maybe Make it variable. If you play A scourgehook build, you get one normal hook turned into scourge hook for every unique surv hooked.

if you play Hex totems, you get the power of reapplying one totem after it got cleansed.

or make one of the gens get cancelled out completely, make permanent thantophobia activate after 4 unique hooks, etc.

There are plenty of options...

• Unam

I dont get that either.

Ppl complain about getting tunneled out first in every game. Which basically means, theyre losing 3 chases in a row despite having 10 sec bt plus speedboost after every unhook...

you MUST be really bad at looping if you go down so quick...

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Here's the thing you can't punish toxic campers and tunnelers without punishing those who use them at the proper times.

We have to remember BHVR themselves have said multiple times that they are both valid strats and when they do anything about them it has to be done carefully. Also that during end game that's all the Killer has left is to Kill so Camping and Tunneling is the way to go, you can't hard Nerf both strats without hurting end game.

Also it's not up for either side to make sure the other side is having fun.