Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

[PC] Wesker sometimes doesn't hit vaulting survivors

LapisInfernalis
LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179
edited October 2022 in Bug Reporting

Here are two examples of what happens at least once per match: Me not getting neither the hit nor the vault when a survivor vaults a window or a pallet. This actually cost me 2 matches alone today, It also happens when the survivor vaults into you and you just bump off. I could not replicate this one though.

I think that it might have something to do with latency. Like the server deciding that you should not get the hit but then you are suck on the other side of the window/pallet and need to use your 2nd token or have to cry, because you can't dash a 2nd time.

Imo this should be treated as grabs: If I don't get the hit through the window or pallet I should at least get the vault.

Edit: Here is the case of the survivor vaulting into you.

After this great mindgame I was left with nothing.

Post edited by LapisInfernalis on
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• JEAf_the_KillER
    JEAf_the_KillER Member Posts: 2

Same for me on console

• nova426
    nova426 Member Posts: 4

i dont think its a mistake that he cant hit through windows, his power doesnt function like a basic m1 and therefore does not have the same reach as it. Theyd have to completely add stuff to his power custom animation and hitbox just to accommodate for this.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179
    edited October 2022

He CAN hit through vaults, BUT the survivor has to be right at a the middle of the vault. If they are a bit too much on your or the other side your dash doesn't do anything.

My problem is that you get lose-lose situations like back in the day when servers were new and you could not get grabs most times and you were stuck. Now they did it, that you get at least an M1 if the server rejects the grab due to latency.

Wesker's dash is very fast (14m/s), even faster than a Nurse blink (13.33m/s), which can create weird stuff with latency and makes it sometimes difficult to time tight.

The only thing I would like them to do is give Wesker's dash the same treatment as killer grabs: if I don't get the hit: let me vault (in the first cases)

This bug cost you matches.