The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[New Player] Which killer do i unlock first? The Hag or The Clown?

Eletrikk
Eletrikk Member Posts: 16
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Wich one is better in terms of perks? Are they good atm?

Best Answers

Answers

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

I dont like Hag, but i think you should go for her first, her perks are necessary

• Eletrikk

@MegMain98 said:
    Perk wise, Hag is the better option due to Hex: Ruin alone. Hag is also a bit better killer than Clown is. Both are solid options, but unless you REALLY like Clown..Hag is a better option due to having Ruin and being a slightly better killer.

Why do you think she's a better killer?

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

Clown - he's better than Hag but if you want perks the Hag is the answer.

• Eletrikk

Guys i think im going for The Clown he just seems more fun, but ill get hag next.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hag for Devour Hope.
    Hag for amazing chases, though you'll need to work on it.
    Clown for Bamboozle.
    Clown for Pop Goes The Weasel.

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2019

If you're a new player, I strongly recommend getting The Cannibal.

BBQ & Chilli is one of the best perks in the game. When you hook a survivor you can see the auras of other survivors at variable distances depending on what tier the perk is at. It's a teachable perk at Level 35.

It also gives you a stackable bloodpoint bonus every time you hook a survivor for the first time (at tier 3 you can get 25% bonus bloodpoints every time you hook a new survivor (so if you hook all 4 you get 100% bonus).

Same logic behind playing ranking up with David as a survivor first. We're Gonna Live Forever is a teachable perk that grants bonus bloodpoints too. Meaning you can level up quicker.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@MegMain98 said:
    Perk wise, Hag is the better option due to Hex: Ruin alone. Hag is also a bit better killer than Clown is. Both are solid options, but unless you REALLY like Clown..Hag is a better option due to having Ruin and being a slightly better killer.

Slightly? She's leagues above the Clown. She's the 3rd best killer. Nurse, Billy and Hag are way too powerful for the rest to reach except maybe Spirit.

• Eletrikk

The clown seems more fun to me, thanks for the advice guys.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

In term of perks, Hag because Ruin exists, she's one of the best killer once you learn her as well but she's hard to learn, like Huntress and Spirit.
    Clown has less good perks but overall is easier to play as and learn, but lacks map pressure.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

Slightly? She's leagues above the Clown. She's the 3rd best killer. Nurse, Billy and Hag are way too powerful for the rest to reach except maybe Spirit.

Nurse and Billy are obviously #1 and #2 but Hag and Spirit are pretty interchangeable. All four of these killers have one thing in common, map pressure. They can traverse the map more easily than the other killers and have an easier time catching survivors. I don’t see how Hag is any better than Spirit. Hag is only REALLY powerful if you use Mint Rag with Make Your Choice.

After those four, Huntress and Myers are easily the top of the mid-tier killers. Clown is up there too but he’s nowhere near Hag.

• Poweas

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

Nurse and Billy are obviously #1 and #2 but Hag and Spirit are pretty interchangeable. All four of these killers have one thing in common, map pressure. They can traverse the map more easily than the other killers and have an easier time catching survivors. I don’t see how Hag is any better than Spirit. Hag is only REALLY powerful if you use Mint Rag with Make Your Choice.

After those four, Huntress and Myers are easily the top of the mid-tier killers. Clown is up there too but he’s nowhere near Hag.

You don't understand Hag if you think she's only powerful with Mint rag and MYC. I play without them and do extremely well. Clown sucks. His base sucks, he's ez to genrush. For me it's Nurse, Billy and Hag/Spirit (joint).

But trust me, Nurse, Billy, Hag and Spirit are all viable without perks or addons. I've tested them all.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@LordziPL said:
    Clown - he's better than Hag but if you want perks the Hag is the answer.

Clown better than Hag? What? Hag has insane map pressure and has an easier time cutting off loops and getting in hits than Clown does. Clown is stuck in one area and while his bottles do make it easier to get a hit in, there's some situations where the slowdown does nothing.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

You need to Mindgame only. I mained every killer that came in DBD. And with Next DLC's someone leaved from my favourite list but Clown (and Pig with Legion) still here and will be here! You need to taught how play him! It is possible :D

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2019

@LordziPL said:
    You need to Mindgame only. I mained every killer that came in DBD. And with Next DLC's someone leaved from my favourite list but Clown (and Pig with Legion) still here and will be here! You need to taught how play him! It is possible :D

Mindgames are harder when you can see the Killer. Look at this situation. A Survivor drops a pallet and you don't immediately break it. With Clown, you have to throw bottles and hope that the Survivor forgets where you were at and/or doesn't see you in time. If they keep vaulting the pallet, they can make the gas completely useless. With Hag, you can place a trap near a loop and most of the time get a hit (unless they have Dead Hard, a pallet, or a vault). It's also easier to mindgame at pallets and vaults with them because the Survivor might not know which one is the real Hag. They could easily end up vaulting right into your claws.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Hag because Ruin. She is a harder killer to learn, you have to know when to chase and when to let them go, where to put traps for greatest effectiveness, and how to maintain an area of control over survivors. Clown is a lot more straight forward, you just chase and throw bottles to slow them down. But Hag is ultimately stronger.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@captainlongshlong said:
    BBQ & Chilli is one of the best perks in the game. When you hook a survivor you can see the auras of other survivors at variable distances depending on what tier the perk is at. It's a teachable perk at Level 35.

I agree with this. Getting stacks while playing killer can help you put points into all your other characters. Hag has Ruin, though, so if you need something to slow the game down, that's a good option. c:

• Stinky
    Stinky Member Posts: 45

I've never played The Clown, but judging from the clowns I've played against I'd say you get more versatility out of The Hag.
    Clown players tend to only go with one build. The Hag, i know for a fact that you can screw around with quite a bit, perk wise. Which I personally find a lot more fun.
    Imo the game shouldn't be about just flattening the Survivors as fast as possible. There's a ton of fun builds that are strongest late game, and The Hag is viable with most of these builds as well as the speedy kill builds.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Definitely Hag. At least for the ruin.

• MegMain98

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

You don't understand Hag if you think she's only powerful with Mint rag and MYC. I play without them and do extremely well. Clown sucks. His base sucks, he's ez to genrush. For me it's Nurse, Billy and Hag/Spirit (joint).

But trust me, Nurse, Billy, Hag and Spirit are all viable without perks or addons. I've tested them all.

I was wrong when I said Hag was only really powerful with Mint Rag and MYC, I just haven’t run into MANY good Hag’s in red ranks. She is a rarity as it is with the Billy/Nurse meta. My experience of Hag players hasn’t been the best because they all seem to be potato.

I’m still leveling up my Hag because I’m certainly making her my second main killer after Spirit, I just can’t play without Ruin three. Gens get done WAY too quick not to have the third level of Ruin. The top four killers are viable without perks and add-ons but any killer is going to have quite a hard time without Ruin unless the killers can apply insane pressure and the team is too altruistic. Gens get popped like crazy.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I would say Hag, she is stronger than Clown, plus Ruin and Devour Hope are really good perks, if they last.

• LCGaster

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

I was wrong when I said Hag was only really powerful with Mint Rag and MYC, I just haven’t run into MANY good Hag’s in red ranks. She is a rarity as it is with the Billy/Nurse meta. My experience of Hag players hasn’t been the best because they all seem to be potato.

I’m still leveling up my Hag because I’m certainly making her my second main killer after Spirit, I just can’t play without Ruin three. Gens get done WAY too quick not to have the third level of Ruin. The top four killers are viable without perks and add-ons but any killer is going to have quite a hard time without Ruin unless the killers can apply insane pressure and the team is too altruistic. Gens get popped like crazy.

I play pretty much all killers, I will confirm that Hag even without add-ons is very powerful if one knows how to use her, I played only once with Mint Rag, I had a f_cking great time

• MegMain98

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

I play pretty much all killers, I will confirm that Hag even without add-ons is very powerful if one knows how to use her, I played only once with Mint Rag, I had a f_cking great time

I gotta level up my killers and put better perks on them. I usually play Spirit and Huntress who are both viable without add-ons if you’ve got good perks. Hag, Myers, and Nurse would be ones I’m really interested in playing though.

Hag doesn’t NEED add-ons but with the right combo of perks and add-ons she can be very powerful. I played with Mint Rag once before too but I don’t have MYC and I made a nooby mistake of placing more than one trap in one area so it screwed up my teleport. I still got a 3K though.

Since you play all killers, who is your personal favorite? I can only assume Wraith since that is your profile picture.

• LCGaster

@MegMain98 said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

I gotta level up my killers and put better perks on them. I usually play Spirit and Huntress who are both viable without add-ons if you’ve got good perks. Hag, Myers, and Nurse would be ones I’m really interested in playing though.

Hag doesn’t NEED add-ons but with the right combo of perks and add-ons she can be very powerful. I played with Mint Rag once before too but I don’t have MYC and I made a nooby mistake of placing more than one trap in one area so it screwed up my teleport. I still got a 3K though.

Since you play all killers, who is your personal favorite? I can only assume Wraith since that is your profile picture.

I absolutely love Wraith, he's not as weak as people say he is. The killers I don't play as are Leatherface, he really is weak, and Huntress, I absolutely suck with those hatchets. I started playing Nurse a few days ago and I got my first 4k with her today, the survivors didn't play very well but I'm still proud of it.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    The Clown has better perks and is easier to play. The Hag may be stronger, but she can be very frustrating to play as, and every single one of her perks is either trash (Ruin, Meme seal) or not worth running (Devour Nope).
  • Poweas

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

I play her everyday without addons and she's a monster. All I do is trap half the map, keep 3 gens or 4 if it's one of those long maps where u can easily 3 gen strat. And I let them do gens on the other half, once they come to my half because they have to, I absolutely snowball them with just 1 hook and STBFL. It's divine.

• Poweas

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

I absolutely love Wraith, he's not as weak as people say he is. The killers I don't play as are Leatherface, he really is weak, and Huntress, I absolutely suck with those hatchets. I started playing Nurse a few days ago and I got my first 4k with her today, the survivors didn't play very well but I'm still proud of it.

You're the same as me. Btw, Nurse is super ez if you memorise your blinking distance, a survivors speed (to judge how far they go) and how long you gotta charge. Shadowborn is ez mode on her so get it. And try to blink at a corner because some survivors like to wait there for u to go past it and they'll mindgame you. Make sure you study the survivor you face and be careful with Jungle Gyms.

That's my tips :P

• Poweas

@MegMain98 said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

When you're going to main her, comment on my profile asking for advice, I got a lot for you ;).

• LCGaster

@Poweas said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

You're the same as me. Btw, Nurse is super ez if you memorise your blinking distance, a survivors speed (to judge how far they go) and how long you gotta charge. Shadowborn is ez mode on her so get it. And try to blink at a corner because some survivors like to wait there for u to go past it and they'll mindgame you. Make sure you study the survivor you face and be careful with Jungle Gyms.

Thanks. I'm trying to get Shadowborn but I can't find it :(

• Poweas

@LCGaster said:

@Poweas said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

it will eventually come up.

• LCGaster

@Poweas said:

@LCGaster said:

@Poweas said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@LCGaster said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Poweas said:

@MegMain98 said:

it will eventually come up.

I hope

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Eletrikk said:
    Wich one is better in terms of perks? Are they good atm?

gonna go with Hag on this one, but Hex Ruin is very inconsistent with how good the survivors are and where they spawn. Pop is strong with certain killers with mobility and how you position your hooking and going to a gen to kick.