Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you think about future mori changes?

IMO: It's pretty bad. I don't like it for both sides.

Btw it's not the next mid chapter update tomorrow.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Creates WAY too many issues whilst trying to fix 1 thing.

I only really wanted Cypress Mori basekit, triggered when the last survivor in the trial goes down. That was all.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

They suck ass. That's it.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330

There are many situation where survivors can make a good comeback which is the fun part, but on the other side it eliminates situations where killer is looking for last one or two survivors on the ground which is boring especialy if they keep crawling even if you closed the hatch.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,209

I think the Finisher Mori mechanic is really cool. However, I'm kinda sad that it's replacing all other Moris. The offerings and perks like Rancor and Devour should keep the ability to kill by your own hand.

I don't really get the complaints regarding the Finisher Mori overriding certain perks. The ability to pick yourself up is being made basekit, so it's not like you can "use" Unbreakable anymore. All the survivors need to do is run the killer for a decent amount of time and you're up again. Deliverance you can use in front of the killer now, since self-unhooks give you Endurance, so there's not really much point in waiting to use it on the hook.

That said, I'm not sure how overbearing 45 seconds will be. From my games on the PTB, I didn't have too many issues, games played basically as normal, but since matchmaking is turned off that really isn't a great representation of how the mechanic will play out with good teams. Two things are pretty certain though: Hooks being permanently broken on sacrifice needs to go (just revert Scourge Hooks to normal hooks instead), and Unbreakable is too overtuned.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I think its completely ridiculous and they should honestly just scrap the project

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

They should give killlers more than 1 mori animation. Heck F122 has tonnes of radio wins / podium celebrations.

• Esterhause
    Esterhause Member Posts: 40

Morris are special, and rare, having them every game will ruin the sweet spot they had when it becomes a normal thing every game.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,086

Very bad changes, they created tons of new balance issues just to fix cases of toxicity.

The mori transition also completely breaks the immersion of the game you could have had up until that point, it removes all the fun stuff you could do in the game like slug races, carrying to hatch, etc just to see a mori animation.

They should really go the simple Cypress Mori way which is fair and optional and not overcomplicate things when they don't have to be.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited October 2022

What if I never get hooked with Deliverance up? What if I am the one who has Unbreakable, but I am the last person downed?

I feel that the finishing Mori-System combined with the changes to Self-Pickups are making the strong parts of the game stronger (Nurse, Blight, Unbreakable itself) and the weak parts weaker (weaker Killers, SoloQ).

I think that a Self-Pickup is okish, but the thing is, it is either too weak or too strong and hard to balance with all those Killers, since, as I said, the 45 seconds are too long against Nurse and Blight and too short against all other Killers basically.

And in the end, I would prefer being left for Bleedout for 4 minutes over the Finishing Mori. I mean, they are at least trying to solve unfun things of the game, but I feel with the Finishing Mori and all around it they went in a bad direction with it.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Really dislike it.

I hate that they removed moris from Devour Hope and Rancor, and I don't like that all of the fun of mori photobombs and funny decors getting in the way will be gone. I don't like that it makes fast slug games possible (which in my opinion creates the need to bring unbreakable), and that it removes Deliverance or Decisive Strike plays, crawling through gate, etc.

So yeah, overall I am not charmed.

• fengminenjoyer
    fengminenjoyer Member Posts: 62

I will genuinely quit playing if they implement it, it would show how disconnected from their game and playerbase the devs are. The awful MMR change and their refusal to revert it with the amount of negative feedback they received about it was already bad enough.

• StrangeGuy
    StrangeGuy Member Posts: 48

I hope we won't see these changes. Basekit cypress mori is enough.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130

Yeah, I wanted this as well so it'd make Survivors be more wary at the gate instead of wasting time standing there. With the suppose changes you can still do it, but all the extra things added seem a bit much.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,473

What I like:

1. Last one standing mechanic.
    2. Basekit mori.

What I don't like:

1. Basekit unbreakable will remove a huge chunk of your pressure capability, since no one needs to get slugged survivor up.
    2. Camping and tunneling will be more agressive and more efficient. Which is bad for both sides imo.
    3. "High mmr" bully squad will get even more annoying.

Honestly, they should've make it so basekit unbreakable will appear only if 2 survivors left, to prevent the killer from slugging third survivor for a 4k. No need to give survivors infinite unbreakable for a whole match.

Slugging survivors when there is 4 of them often times is a really good tactical move to create pressure. By removing this pressure, killers will have to camp and tunnel more. Not cool.