Getting accused of subtle cheating

I just had match of Wesker where i was called a subtle cheater for having perks and cosmetics?

I need some info on this, is having cosmetics and having perks considered cheating now? Did I miss something?

They said they reported me, but hopefully this is just a troll, right?

I need some help on this, GoobyNugget.

Comments

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

i can confirm my ego was on the highest it's been since 2010

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,163

I feel as if this is missing a lot of context since there is not enough information, e.g. Ive been accused of subtle cheating on Console for using the Prestige body piece on a P3 Claudette because I Prestiged Claudette before the perk rework, it happens sometimes.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

Their reason was for perks and cosmetics, i was using blighted wesker with the Beastly Bunny, Terror carousel, and resident evil green vial charms, I was running Lethal, STBFL, Bamboozle, and Discordance

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,163

No idea then, maybe they thought something was an exclusive charm? Or perhaps they misread/did not properly read a perk?

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

If you were cheating you would not be posting here. I believe you.

Subtle cheats (compared to flashy ones) are harder to detect, so there are certainly players who say it even if it isn't actually done. Because it is the devil's proof.

For example, you may not understand the killer perk, ability, or add-on effects because you are a beginner. A beginner has no knowledge of skins. Or they can defend themselves by saying the opponent is a cheater as a reason for losing.

The biggest problem is that you said you reported Needless to say, these players make it difficult for the reporting system to function.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366

Plus the player base is very paranoid about cheaters right now, so anything can be seen as a cheat, even when its' not.... Is that Meg's Sprint Burst lasting too long... and wait didn't she already use it without enough time to lose her exhausted? Hmm, maybe but.... maybe not.

Plus then another time awhile ago I had a survivor that I had used the Rancor perk on ask how I was able to down him and Mori him despite not having seen him any other time during the match. He thought I was cheating, but I and the other survivors told him about the Rancor perk.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Anytime you outplay some people they say you're cheating it's honestly pathetic, I saw a content creator claim that anytime he's outplayed by a survivor at a high wall they have to be subtle hacking it's just ridiculous the entitled ego some people have that they truly believe nobody out there can outplay them on even playing field

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

Of course using cosmetics and perks are not cheating 🙄

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

I always take the cheating accusations as a compliment. It means that I was very good in the match!

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75

A couple streamers do videos about cheaters and now everyone sees it. Popular streamers might see it regularly because cheaters like embarrassing streamers but it isn't as bad for everyday players.

There have been times I suspected but it's never been obvious. Most of the time I'll just chalk it up to that guy being better than me and move on.

• It's just hard to tell sometimes.

The other day, I had a game against a Nancy that I absolutely couldn't hit, no matter what I did. I mean, I missed 10 hits in a row at one point, and it cost me the game because I spent the last two gens and the EGC just trying to down her.

Didn't help that she was prestige 100, and when I first saw her in the lobby, I couldn't help but think, "Almost nobody has prestige 100. Did she cheat to get that?"

Maybe she was just an insanely good, untouchable prestige 100 monster, but I'm sure some of those hits should've connected. I'm sure.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

There’s actually a bunch of P 100 now. But p level don’t equal skill lvl.

• I know that there are a bunch of people who have P100, but I've only ever seen two or three, suspicious Nancy included. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if I'd even been able to hit her once. I mean, I'd go right up to her and swing, and it would miss every single time. Did I have the worst luck in the world, or was she really that good, or was it something else?

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Reminds me of the other day. I was playing survivor with a healing build (purple medkit + charge add ons, WGLF, Botany, We'll Make It and Desperate Measures)

They all kept going down in like 10 seconds or so, against an Oni and I always went for the unhook and heal, I ran the killer long enough for the last 3 gens to get done.

After the last gen got done and the survivors just escaped, while I was being chased. I die and in endgame chat I ask why they just left me to die (i hadnt been hooked before), then one of the survivors accused me of subtle cheating. Apparently they were a 3 man SWF and had been talking about how my healing speed was too fast, I lasted so long in chase so I had to be using wall and speed hacks + apparently when they watched me get chased, they noticed I vaulted pallets and windows 5% faster.

They were so pissed at me for no reason. Even the killer told them to shut up. Never felt more confident in my skills.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

Idk man, that definitely sounds like cheats to me. I would have recorded and reported. I can’t stand these cheaters.