Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A Nurse rework would change nothing

A Nurse rework would change nothing because of one simple reason:

The community will always search for something new to cry about.

Let's say they nerf or rework Nurse and she becomes a A-B tier killer. What then? They will cry about the next strongest killer which will be blight. Then probably they will cry about Artist and wesker and so on and on and on

People will always find something new to cry about

Comments

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479

People will always cry. This is not a reason to give them what they want but neither is a reason to never do anything.

Nurse is mile above blight and the fact that BHVR need to nerf perks because otherwise with nurse they will be too oppressive it is enought.

• After a blink and before a fatigue hits should not be basic.
    • Remove the long range addon and make the short range purple
    • Nerf the speed to 95%

I think this will be anought.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

some nurse complaints are valid, but she should remain the certified swf stomper since no other killer can do that. necessary changes tho are blink hits being special attacks, and her not seeing auras when charging her blink. thisll fix the whole having to nerf perks so that nurse cant abuse them thing, and keep nurse basically equal strength

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited October 2022

It's so unfun having add-ons like bad man's last breath. Oh boy, I get to be undectable for 16 seconds every 60 seconds. Or the movement speed increase addons begs the question of why not just play a regular killer instead of going out of your way like that. My point is the addons are too weak like there are so many bad addons already that I wish they just got rid of them at this point because they fill up bloodwebs lol. If you get rid of the few good addons Nurse has, it leaves 3 addons worth using besides the overrated 3rd blink.. which I honestly wish they would just remove so people would stop bringing it up like it is a good addon lol.

You may be saying Nurse basekit is good enough. Still, honestly, it's a longshot from a pre-rework base kit, and more likely than not, you will have people shift w, which is base kit Nurses' weakness because it's so slow to recharge. You don't catch up quickly, so not only do you have to play perfectly constantly, but you have to try your hardest to keep track of all manner of things. You have to hope the survivors don't know you have base kit Nurse and all shift w away, which, more than likely, they figure out fast when you first blink barely catches up to them.

I will never forget the pain of playing on large maps with base kit Nurse because half of the time, you just have a feeling as soon as you load up, it's gonna be a shift w gameplay half the game, lol. Which is fair enough to them. I suppose it is the best strategy to make the distance on a Nurse without range, but it feels awful. I unironicly rather play twins instead of basekit Nurse on a map like red forest.

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479

The point is, you can't give her very good addons because even with moderate ones she will become unmanageable.

Like the long range ones.

This is the reason why 40% of her addons are a nerf to her.

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 185

That would take away a big section of perks for nurse. You rarely get a hit without a blink. I play nurse quite a bit(I dont use the addons as i agree they are a problem and need a change). Making her blink attacks special tho is a little much in my opinion as it makes a killer unable to use perks.

• xni6_

exposed on nurse wouldnt work, and like other killers she can have addons that do what perks do (sloppy as an addon, third seal but on a timer as an addon, etc.) it fixes a big issue that nurses existance created, and stops perks in the future from being neutered so they can exist with nurse in the game (poor awakened awareness)

it also brings nurse in line with how hits with the killers power are not m1s

• Huevix01
    Huevix01 Member Posts: 4

I think that nurse should have some kind of rework or nerf in the future,but right Now they should change the blink sistem that makes m2 Hits count as m1, a nurse using Devour or noed is completely broken, if blight gets affected by m2 Hits why not nurse.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Nurse has the same problem Dead Hard has. The concept was iffy to begin with, but now it's too established to just get rid of entirely.

A killer that teleports through everything in a game where putting things between you and the killer is your only defense? Mmmmmmmhshjjhsure, why not?

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

Should we adjust about the nurse?

Yes, we should coordinate on the nurse.

Is it pointless to rework the nurse because we will end up looking for whiners?

Yes. But adjustment is not pointless.

Do nurses ever fall from the position of most powerful killer?

Probably, almost certainly, no.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

It would change Nurse

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,169

My issue with Nurse is that she is inaccessible to a large amount of people. She has the lowest kill rate because her skill floor is way too high, but the skill ceiling is low enough to make your average Nurse before just as well as most other high-level Nurses. Reworking Nurse can help solve this, but comes at the cost of butchering their power.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Tbf nurse has no way of getting M1s normally and her power teleports her to the survivor where she lunges, her power isn't the attack itself. Like spirit can use exposed because her power takes her to the survivor and she can do a normal lunge from there, same for nurse. If they removed basic attack perks and aura reading perks from being good on nurse then all nurses would just run full meta slowdown which is even worse

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

wesker, blight, and artist all have something in common that nurse doesnt.

They dont literally change the entire rules of the game

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Not every killer is weak except for nurse, you have killers like blight, artist, and spirit that are strong.

Not everyone plays on comms.

Not every map is flawed, and some maps even favor killers.

I agree with second chance perks being used, but it is like arguing with killers spamming slowdown perks.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

Nurse is the lowest kill rate killer in the game. By the Devs own logic, where are her buffs?

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Blight can take that role, nurse is outdated. If that's the argument which I understand, then don't nerf blights op add-ons and full rework nurse(not a "bhvr rework" where its just a number change).

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Although I do think a couple add-ons should be nerfed even as a blight main, just saying if there has to be a killer that can play on equal playing fields with comp swfs make it blight, who at least is fun to watch and obeys any rules in the game.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

A rework of nurse doesnt need to be done "because people cry about it" but I believe it needs a rework so that perks can be more balanced. Currently any strong perk comes out suffers from the same thing. Nerf the perk because nurse exists. Its so hard to balance perks for every killer and unfortuantely because really good nurse players will play these perks and be super efficient with them it results in a nerf making the perk useless for 80% of killers.

I think a rework of both nurse and blight is in order (maybe finally remove hug tech from blight) so that they can really focus on balancing the perks in the game.

The alternative to perk balancing is to purposly unbalance the perks. By this I mean make perks that are significantly better if your playing them on the killer they came with but average on all other killers.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Cheat engine rework is the real rework we all need.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

My only problem with her is her blink strikes working with exposed perks other than that i enjoy nurse chases and have a feeling people who cry for nurse nerfs want to only verse m1 killers 😂

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

By your logic there's no reason to ever make a balance change ever again. It's defeatist and also just not true. Sure there will likely always be someone complaining about something but the size, seriousness, and validity of their complaints and arguments will lose merit evrytime bhvr fixes something that's unbalanced, broken, or just unfun.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Wanna rework nurse?

Make her only to pass by windows and pallets but not other objects and increase his speed also range add ons nerf to oblivion.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

Any killer can stomp swfs? Im okay with blink attacks being special. But why disable auras? Do you want her to not be able to use any perk at all besides shadowborn?

• xni6_

lol.

as for auras its only when shes actively charging a blink, so she doesnt get a guaranteed hit that the survivor didnt even have a chance to make a play around

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

You might be right about the community. But the devs wouldn't need to nerf perks like Awakened Awareness if it wasn't for Nurse. Nurse isn't a problem because people complain about her but because she effectively holds balancing back. The game is not survivor-sided nor killer-sided. No map is survivor-sided either. It is all Nurse-sided. Nurse always has the advantage.

• hatchetChugger

Should huntress not see auras while charging her hatchet? Should Pyramid Head not see auras w/ his ability activated? Why just nurse? Your proposal for nurse nerfs are too restrictive in my opinion, which is only going to force nurse players hands into using all slowdown and tunneling/proxying.

• xni6_

a nurse that has basic understanding of her blinks gets a floods of rage proc, its on lerys, she has double range, youre 30m away, being healed and dont have object. you get downed with 0 warning, your teammate healing you now gets chased, she still has 6 seconds left on her wallhacks and easily downs that survivor. 2 downs in under 15 seconds from 30m away with no los. now what killer that you listed can do the same?

• Xernoton

Are either of the killers you mentioned even remotely near Nurse in terms of strength? It takes much more skill for these killers to get a hit and the survivor can see the hatchet flying towards them and anticipate Pyramid Head's attack. How much counterplay is there to a Nurse that basically hits you from 20 meters away with no warning?

• hatchetChugger

"with no warning" has 2.5~ sec charge time + travel time. Huntress can hit from way further, and her hatchets are easier to hit. Pyramid Head can hot through walls + always a guaranteed hit when a surv goes to a window. There are plenty of times where PH and Huntress can end chases faster than Nurse. You did a lot of generalizing with your last sentence. People have been saying it for years, break Line of Sight. This also applies to the other killers mentioned, and no one has trouble breaking LOS against them, but suddenly with nurse its impossible.

• Xernoton

Huntress hatchets are way harder to hit. The travel time of Nurse is not even enough to react to it if you don't know she is coming for you. Huntress cannot hit you through walls, unlike Nurse. If your chase as Nurse takes longer than that of a Huntress or Pyramid Head against anything but a bot you are just bad. Nurse is not as hard as people like to believe. Get a handle on her charge time (shouldn't take more than 5 matches) and you're good to go. After that you need to learn how to account for survivor movements (maybe 20 games). That is all takes to master Nurse. Blight, Oni and Billy for example are way harder. Nurse is straight forward compared to them and even most M1 killers.

I agree that breaking line of sight is your best option against Nurse. The problem is that a Nurse that has aura reading can basically guarantee a hit in most cases. The reason why breaking LOS is harder to do against her is because 20 meters of distance don't matter. How does a basic killer (M1 killer) close this distance in an instsnt? They can't but Nurse on the other hand.... She blinks right through and can still go for a hit using her 2nd blink. It's not that hard, seriously.

I can play Nurse without addons and only 2 perks, BBQ and Shadowborn (yes, I am addicted to both of these), and still win most of my matches without resorting to tunneling and camping. I can't do that with Huntress or Pyramid Head. I can't even do that with my mains Billy and Doctor. The difference is that Nurse is strong enough to go through most teams with relative ease, even on maps where most other killers struggle. The Game, Garden of Joy, Eyrie of Crows, Badham, old Haddonfield, Cowshed etc. are easy manageable for a Nurse. A map with 1000 pallets and a literal infinite would still not be survivor-sided. It would be Nurse-sided because she can ignore all that. Everything in this game is Nurse-sided (as long as we are not talking comp).

The DBD community disagrees on pretty much everything except no one doubts that Nurse is, by far, the strongest killer in the game. Even seasoned Nurse mains will admit that Nurse needs a nerf.