Game crashing more often ever since halloween update

Game crashes when I reach the endgame results screen and click continue. BHVR please fix.

Comments

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,252

I did complete the "Halloween rift thingy" and after the match my game got an unknown error. Im not sure if i even got my reward.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    edited October 2022

It always happens with updates like this

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 51

Mine just straight up crashes with a unreal engine error dialog box appearing afterwards, not sure if I got my reward either. Haven't logged back in to the game to check. Don't really feel like playing if this is gonna be a common occurrence. Happening to other friends I know as well.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326

I've had 3 crashes in less than an hour. I haven't had DBD crash on me in well over a year, and now the event starts, I suddenly get hard crashes like this. My DC penalty is going to keep getting higher and higher. It's ridiculous. They need to remove the penalty until they fix the issue. All the matches were over halfway through and I keep losing items, offerings, not getting any progression in my archives and I had full void energy both times and I didn't get any of the rewards.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I just had a match on the Game map where I got shot by Deathslinger and half way through breaking free the game totally froze and then it looked like I was running inside boxes I was near and just moving odd. I killed myself on hook because the game was being super glitchy and I've already seen people say they've had game crashes. All my other matches nothing out of the ordinary, not sure what caused it in that match.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,915

Are you getting a penalty when you're getting these crashes?

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

When the match started I only had 1/2 screen for the first 30 seconds lol

• rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 51

I didn't actually log back in to check... but it didn't happen during the game so I'm thinking maybe it didn't penalize me? Don't know for sure, and hopefully someone else here can confirm if it does or not.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

same for me .... suddenly my game crashes....today i got like 4 crashes..

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

most of current crashes are out of matches right now afaik

• Mine has been crashing so randomly I can't even figure out what may be the cause. I've been just sending error reports through the Steam thing after a crash.

Also to answer Mandy's question, my crashes have happened outside of games so far so penalty is N/A for me.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

My game just straight up freezes randomly since this update. Only way I can close the game is through task manager.

And yes I do get penalties for this :(

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326

I am indeed getting penalties. I got up to a 15 minute ban before I stopped playing, I didn't want it going higher and higher. After 3 crashes, in my last match the game didn't even crash, it just froze completely before I had to force quit it with task manager. No audio, no movement, my computer was fine, but the game just hard froze.

• garderachi
    garderachi Member Posts: 36

I'm getting crashes both in menus and in matches. After a crash in a match, I do indeed get a penalty

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390

@Mandy You should consider removing the DC penalty until these issues are resolved

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

My game has crashed a few times, and plenty of other games where when I play as Killer the rubber banding is consistent, to the point where even when I do get a hit they either suddenly gain health and jump forward five feet or my weapon become coated in butter, massage oil, and bannana peels and just...slides off Survivors.

• Pito122
    Pito122 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

I got locked out for 30 minutes last night trying to play killer. Crashing every other game. Very odd how my game was still fine when the Halloween update came out but now I am crashing during the 2x bp :( Maybe its a killer sided bug because I played survivor fine just the other day?

Post edited by Pito122 on
  • fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I crashed twice when I was playing Nemesis.... Then I switched back to survivor.