The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Correct way to play Myers?

IamFran
IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

I'm pretty newbie playing Myers, I have read some guides which I have found and have seen some people playing it in videos.
Some of them when they are in EWI just roam and try a grab in the gens or get a free hit till the survivors know they are playing against Myers and have more awareness of the surrondings. Other people try to get the EWII ASAP stalking from the distance and between trees or something similar.
I tried to play in both ways and I got better results stalking and getting EWII quickly and till the moment I never achieved a survivor gen grab.
I would like to know the opion of other people.

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited February 2019
    The correct way is Burger King Myers. Look up the build....

Kidding.

Myers is versatile. He can be played in lots of ways.
    Monto is a solid Myers player imo, and is always looking for fun builds, so he has a lot of Myers builds to check out.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    The correct way to play any killer is to learn by yourself, seriously. Sure you can get some tips from people but sometimes that leads you to play in only a especific way and maybe missing other ways to play that killer.
    Try different builds, don't give a ######### about losing and keep updating your build around your needs, strenghts and/or weaknesses. Eventually you'll have the perfect build for your playstyle.
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    I really enjoy the build I'm running with Myers, i use Play With Your Food, Save The Best For Last, Rancor, Bbq. 

This build is focused on complete team harassment. If you're good at rubber banding around the map this build is for you. Chase the obsession constantly, without hitting them. Get your speed and swing rate up. Fight everyone else mercilessly and get a tasty mori in end game, assuming survivors are able to get that far.

I also like to use the inverse build Remember Me/Dying Light. And i guess like BBQ, Ruin. Something like that.

This is the complete opposite, chase and down the obsession as fast as you can. You don't want to completely camp the hook, because you want to get all of your tokens for remember me but you want to remove the obsession from the game as soon as you can. Tunnel away.
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Just do what any killer does. Camp/tunnel and the win is yours.
  • Honestly, Myers has 2 distinct play styles we’ll call Tombstone and Mirror. Tombstone play style revolves around a flashier more brutal Myers, stalking the survivors to get to tier 2 then just a little before tier 3. At tier 3 Myers gets a brutal instadown which outclasses the chainsaws, but is limited in time. Saving the tier 3 for when your at a survivors heels is a great way to get a quick down.

Alternatively there is the Mirror playstyle which instead relies on perks and adding that boost tier 1-2 whilst lowering terror radius. The point of this is to use your extreme quick to get the jump on survivors even when they’re paying attention. In open maps Mirror Myers isn’t so effective, but in maps like Lery’s or The Game, Mirror Myers is extremely deadly.
  • Fiachra02
    Fiachra02 Member Posts: 9
    I nearly always play Myers and I’m currently at rank 6 and usually get a 4 man 

I get to evil within 2 asap and then fill it up until I just need to stalk a survivor for half a second to get evil within 3. Then when I am right beside a healthy survivor I activate evil within 3 and down them and then I repeat.
    Stalk survivors in chase and stalk as much as possible if your confident you don’t need evil within 3 save it for someone else and hit them twice. I usually get eveil within 3  2/3 times a game 

I run bbq chili (track survivors) , ruin (slow the game down) , monitor & abuse (you will barely have a terror radius) and nurses calling (sneak up on survivors healing)

As for addons something to increase stalk rate, increase stalk movement or lower terror radius

Hope I helped some how
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

There's like 8 different viable playstyles for him. Try learning yourself, my one advice is though, run brutal strength, people drop pallets early as hell.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    I'm currently liking monitor and abuse and dead rabbit add on for a small terror radius build.
    I also add Surveillance and creep up on survivors all game.
    This build needs a gen stopper perk as well so ruin or pop goes the weasel are as good as any.