Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is there a killer you insta DC against?

malatruse
malatruse Member Posts: 784
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

I'm curious about why people DC as survivor when they find out they're facing x killer. Do you DC based on who the killer is, and if so, why?

Post edited by BoxGhost on

Comments

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

No one's going to answer because advocating for DCs gets you banned on here

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254

nurse and blight, not wasting my time when most of the time i'm matched with bad players and have 0 chance of escape.

wesker is getting tedious to play against now also considering its either 2 or 3 in a row or every other killer

• Neltaxis
    Neltaxis Member Posts: 46

Freddy

Wraith.

The ones finding me 10 second after the game begin.

The one downing me after 10 seconds chase.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,851
    edited October 2022

Well I will put it this way... If I could block Twins, Trickster and Pinhead I would do so. Edit: reason is I find them extremely irritating to verse

As someone who mained Nurse (but feels bad playing her these days) I find Starstruck Nurse to be pretty gross and while I can't advocate quitting I understand why someone might nope out of a Starstruck Nurse match

• Veinslay
  • RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

No.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Twins, I dont enjoy being slugged for a minute, getting up, slugged again, getting up, slugged etc until I bleed out or everyone is slugged and we finally get hooked, its just faster to eat 5 minutes DC penalty than endure that garbage, luckily they are so rare youll never encounter them twice the same day so the ban never stacks.

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437

I dont think I have ever DCed on purpose, I mean other than when I crash or the game just disconnects me, but I am at a point that if I see another Mr. Whisker, I'm out, just because I face him so much

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited October 2022

Oni…

Just kidding. Although he is my least favorite killer and despise having to face him, I still tough it out.

Me looking at all the bodies hit the floor as they are being slugged and wondering if I’m next:

• BFunkP38
    BFunkP38 Member Posts: 14

No, I don’t against any of them BUT my least favorite killer to face is the Drudge. I just can’t figure out the weakness to it, no matter how I play. I rarely win against Drudge, but I never just leave.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

No, and anyone who does should seriously reconsider playing this game. It's one thing to bail because a match is going terribly, it's another to bail because the other players are using things you don't like and that's not allowed.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

Freddy "4k" Krueger

• BFunkP38
    BFunkP38 Member Posts: 14

I’m new here, and pretty new to the game, but I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times and have no idea what it is?

• Dem34888
    Dem34888 Member Posts: 56

Nope, I hate nurse, but won't leave a trial

• Veinslay

I don't know, maybe cause my beef was with poorly designed maps and not "unfun killers"

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

You’re not supposed to DC and if you say that you DC in the forums then the mods will get mad at you.

Hypothetically if I was going to do this, it would be against Cenobite (just miserable in solo q) or Nurse (ok if it’s a baby nurse but gg ez for killer if they are halfway decent).

• Kaius
    Kaius Member Posts: 21

I'm not the kind to DC, I always try to tough it out against characters I don't like, but I'll entertain the question hypothetically because it is a neat thought experiment I guess. My experiences with Pyramid Head are always pretty unpleasant (Don't hate the killer, just the playstyle in my MMR leaves a bad taste in my mouth), so I'd probably pick him...?

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

No

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Honestly? Twins. I fail to find a single enjoyable aspect of this Killer, whether I win or lose against them it is always excruciatingly horrible to sit through.

I'll at least try against a Nurse, but she is another contender if I had her a couple of times already.

Also I DC any time I get send to RPD, I do not care about the choice of Killer. I even do it as the Killer. This map (even worse now, mapS, there's two of em!) can go f- itself.

• Blizwise
    Blizwise Member Posts: 69

None.. but I will give if my team is not up to par and it’s nurse or tombstone myers and my teammates gets Mori’d by second is gen.

maybe a good mastermind will make me just give up also if he has taken out a team mate or two too early

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

Hag, I never WASTE my time in a Hag game ... taking the 5' is ALWAYS the BEST move

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

nope, the only thing that will make me dc are survivors who troll other survivors

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Not a chance. I'm not selfish enough to wreck other people's gaming experience. Anyone who does do that should just stick to single player games.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Specific killer player that I recognize that will target me when we get matched together. Hasn't happened since I turned crossplay on because I think they still play crossplay off. I'd rather eat 5 minute penalty than waste my time in a match with them.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I don’t. I try to respect my fellow players.

• BoxGhost
    BoxGhost Member, Mod Posts: 1,308

As per forum rules, Please do not encourage negative behavior (e.g. encouraging DCs and griefing, etc.). As such, I will be closing this thread up to here.

This discussion has been closed.