Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DC penalty needs to be turned back on.

Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Better yet, start banning people for DCing.

I haven't had a single game actually finish properly.

Comments

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

I've had 3 matches in a row where the killer DC during loading. I have also seen many survivors DC as soon as they get hit.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

I did not say that DC does not ruin the game, but your solution is banning everyone?

In a month, you would have 10 min queues.

• CoDismylife
    CoDismylife Member Posts: 327

Hahahaha

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

OH great the dc penalty is off, this means survivor is going to be so fun. FML

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Yes, every other multiplayer game does this. League, Cs go, siege, ow to name a few. What do all of these have in common? A dc puts the side with a dc at a severe disadvantage. The only thing that should be added is the ability to join back if your internet cuts out. But internet is not an excuse for repeated dc's.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418
    edited October 2022

I love how ur pic is of nurse. -_-

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Why is it turned off in the first place anyways

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Its not only because of nurse. Give it a couple more days when every one gets their halloween cosmetics and you'll see a dc every 2 games no matter the killer unless you play in the most baby sitter way possible.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Game crashes since event started and hackers forcing DCs on players.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. Every time this happens, it starts out okay, but as more players realize the penalties are off, the game gets increasingly unplayable until they have no choice but to turn them back on.

That said, while DC penalties being off is always a really bad time, right now the game feels pretty unstable. I've had a lot of error codes and even a few crashes since this event started, and normally those are very rare for me. So I do see why it's been disabled. Certainly banning people for DCs right now would be a terrible idea.

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

Been on OW2,DC'ing is RAMPANT over here as well. Both in unranked and ranked gameplay,all it takes is one side getting their teeth kicked in for one person to leave,then others do the same. Unfortunately it also dumps another poor dude into that situation,dunno if they get protection for being put in a loss tho. Regardless,the penalties need to stack up as well for anything effective to happen and an account ban in OW2 is much more severe than DBD.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Basically. Everyone gets a free DC per day. After that, you get a 30 minute timeout. After that, you get a 24 hour ban, and it continues to escalate from there.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

Profile pic checks out.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I didn't even know it was off, I haven't noticed much of a difference.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

And then Switch players will either all be banned or BHVR will have to move them to their own queue again, meaning another event where Switch players have 10+ minute queues and can't play with their friends. Not that PS4 is a bastion of stability, either, but it's worse on Switch.

I haven't actually experienced the increase in purposeful DCs in my own matches. I've experienced crashes and errors myself and seen other players disconnect at the weirdest of times which there was no way they did on purpose. I'm not saying people aren't DCing on purpose, I'm sure in some regions/MMR brackets it's happening a lot, but the problem of the game being less stable is a big issue and it's BHVR's fault, whatever their update did really screwed things up.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 954

They need to first differentiate what's a Disconnect by clicking willingly the I Quit button and what's a Disconnect because a crashed system happened, first penalize the ones willingly quiting harsher than before to deter DCing to begin with. Other than punishing a faulty crashing system dbd has become

• WindowsXP
    WindowsXP Member Posts: 11

Yeah. They need to come back. I recently got a bunch of killers and getting the adept achievements as them is horrible. You down one survivor and before you know it, they have already left the match, then 2 or 3 more follow suit. And they will be waiting to trash talk at the post-match lobby chat. Not a crash or an internet issue, just a choice to waste everybody's time.

Tried with Freddy, Nemesis, Pig, Legion, and PH. Instant DC after the first down. And not long after, 2 more DC.

I thought that I would try the free killers, maybe people won't DC then. Nope. Trapper and Wraith also suffered the same.

I don't even have that high of an MMR, I have just started playing like 3 weeks ago and I am not very good.

The thing that made me stop playing was that I was trying my second game as Nemesis, found Bill, Dwight and Meg on a gen and a Cheryl nearby. I infected the Dwight, then suddenly, the Cheryl stopped moving then disconnected. And by the time I hooked the Dwight, the Bill left. Then the Dwight left. I gave the Meg hatch and stopped playing the game since.

Won't come back till the penalty returns.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

No way, I just got random crashes today and on top of that to be banned for it? No, thanks.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

You’re super lucky then. I could hardly play a match yesterday without a dc. Out of around 10 killer matches I think, only 2 ended without anyone dcing.

I couldn’t even play Pig with a gimmicky build and zero slowdown without dcs. PIG.

I didn’t even try to play survivor yesterday.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Only time I dc'd so far was because my internet did a FULL reset where I had to put in my password again. Glad I don't need to wait to get back in the action because of it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Unfortunately, that doesn't work because players can manually turn off their internet. The system has no way to distinguish that from a normal loss of connection, so people would still be able to get away with willingly quitting.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I said I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, not that there weren't DC's.

People see an Iri Box Pinhead? They're out before and after the DC penalty is off.

They hear a Nurse after we get taken to Dead Dawg? Instant DC, before and after the penalty gets turned off.

I've had the same amount of DC's before and after. Only difference is now I'm not trapped in a lost game.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    edited October 2022

Oh, I misunderstood that, mb.

Yeah I'm getting way more DCs than usual, although I guess some of those are the people who would normally just suicide on hook to circumvent it anyway which happens far too often. But it's still not this common for me normally.

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

I had one disconnect only because my cat decided to play with the cords and knocked them loose. Bad kitty 😺 😔 😪

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 462

Why is it off by the way? Cheaters?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited October 2022

I haven’t seen this myself. Just people quitting against Nurse, Trickster, Legion and Blight. At least that I remember.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited October 2022

Cheaters, disconnected from host error (which happens even when your connection is fine), servers kicking people out for no reason, crashing/freezing

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

wait they switched off dc penalties? since when? i don't know since i barely ever dc in my games

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

If you ban people for cheating then you will lose a % of the playerbase.

No one wants to play with DCers besides other DCers. Bans should be handed out for repeated DCs. If your connection is so unstable that you get banned due to it, then you shouldn't be playing anyway.

• Travis_Bateman
    Travis_Bateman Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2022

That's not a reason to ruin the game for others,especially for you team

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Let me clarify this.

First, i dont agree with DC, i dont like DCers, i have only ever DC'd purposely in a very specific situation against one specific killer that i truly dislike and i am constantly playing against.

Second, i OBVIOUSLY agree that some kind of penalty must be given to repeated and constant DCers, but the OP which i made a comment before says "BAN PEOPLE FOR DCING" regardless of how many times, or situation in which that DC was made, and in that i dont agree.

Third, Dead by Daylight can have an excessively precise connection checks, as sometimes a mere 2-3 sec of internet loss is enough to get me kicked out of a game with no chance to reconnect, something that games like Lol or Cs:Go allow.

Fourth, League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter Strike, are Free to play games which dbd is not. Dead by Daylight is a PAID GAME with PAID DLCs so if you are telling me that a 2-3 sec of internet loss or a DC because of an electrical problem in my house justifies me getting permabanned, then i would have never bought this game.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I'm so glad I cleaned up all mine except for dredge I planed on doing I'm next month anyway.

Good luck there a pain enough with out free dcs

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Dear community. Should the DC penalty be turned off because of Nurse or because its good for the entire game?

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 433
    edited October 2022

I play both Trickster and Legion, I've been seeing a lot of DC's. In total today, I played about ten or so games and had at least one-two DC's per match. It was always after the first down or first hook, I was so angry. Not because they "cheated" me of kills, but because they threw their team under a bus. Just rude unsportsmanlike behaviour and I hope the DC penalty is turned back on soon.

Like to give benefit of the doubt, in that perhaps it's crappy internet or the severs having a stroke. But all the DC's are just too convenient for my liking.